Hockey fans, come on in!

Not a very good showing by the HABS tonight it seems like the Lightening have their number.... heres hoping that Calgary have a better outcome tonight.

What a let down tonight was! It's going to be a tough position to get out of (2-0) plus playing the next 2 in Florida... Ouch!

• Like 1

What a let down tonight was! It's going to be a tough position to get out of (2-0) plus playing the next 2 in Florida... Ouch!

I think they need to be inspired... maybe you and Bianca need to don your HABS jerseys and head to florida Tickets available in that HOTBED of Hockey for $84.00. WTF Round two playoffs $84.00.... I pay $32.00 to see an AHL regular season Game.

Would be a great team for Quebec City...

• Like 1

I think they need to be inspired... maybe you and Bianca need to don your HABS jerseys and head to florida Tickets available in that HOTBED of Hockey for $84.00. WTF Round two playoffs $84.00.... I pay $32.00 to see an AHL regular season Game.

Would be a great team for Quebec City...

That's a pretty good price for a playoff ticket lol...I would pay that.

Tough game tonight for the habs, did not expect this thought they would win... Need to get the top scorers on the board!

• Like 2

I thoroughly enjoyed the first two games of the Habs/Bolts series. The double-OT was exciting and tonight's 6-2 Lightning win. Yes, Montreal finished the regular season with 110 points and 50 wins. But it has become crystal clear that it was almost all Carey Price. Habs power play and even-strength goals have been totally absent in their eight playoff games so far.

And Prust... hmmm. He's not exactly a Lady Byng Trophy candidate. That said, I wasn't impressed with him going after Bishop in the regular season nor was I impressed with his play this evening. I wouldn't be surprised if the NHL's Department of Safety had a look at his antics ce soir.

Things are looking rosy for Tampa to advance... but... stranger things have happened in the playoffs before.. so this series is not over... yet. :-)

CM

• Like 3

Calgary loses 3 to 0 to Ducks so both Canadian teams are down 2 games to 0 in the 2nd round....the next game will be do or die for both teams

Momentum for sure is with Tampa, with their top scorers contributing and the power play working plus Bishop playing well they are looking like a team that could win the Cup. Yzerman has built a stronger team than we seen last year.

We as in the Habs have to play a lot smarter in Tampa if we expect to win plus as I mentioned before where has our goal scorers gone, shooting from the perimeter is not going to get goals against Bishop.

Our other Canadian team Calgary has its back to the wall also at least they are going home to their own rink hopefully they can turn it around also.

• Like 1

It's no secret.. I have never been much of a Therrien fan. Few may agree with me, but I think he was out-coached in the Habs/Sens series (two OT wins against Sens and a bunch of one-goal wins will mask coaching deficiencies). While I remember his fiery antics in the 2013 series with the Sens, I am not sure what to make of his Therrien 2.0 act since.

Habs need to find the back of the net... an issue they have had all season. I think it's fair to say that the Habs' four playoff wins so far have been 100% Carey Price. When the team scores only 14 goals in 8 playoff games (four of those goals in Game 1 against Sens), it isn't going far, even with a world-class goalie in Price.

Only after two payoff games, Bolts goalie Ben Bishop is already messing with the Habs' minds (ok, he's been messing with them all season). In comes 'tough guy' Prust and the war of words through the media ensues. It might be a short series if Therrien can't find a path his players can buy into.

Entertainment-value wise, I think the Sens/Habs series was more entertaining (even though my Sens lost).

CM

• Like 3

It should be an interesting game tonight between the Rangers and Capitols,

can the Capitals knock of the Rangers, Oveckin is playing with a mission for sure.

Game day for the habs, any predictions... They have to win tonight, so I'm going for a 2-1 win for habs.

Yes, they have to win tonight because coming back from a 3-0 advance for Tampa (and win the series) will be pretty much impossible to do. They sure have their work cut out for tonight's game.

Hopefully they start scoring some goals and stay out of the penalty box... as much as possible...

GO HABS GO!!

• Like 1

I may be travelling and on the road but I have the jersey with me. Yup Canadiens need this one tonight. Let's go Habs.

• Like 1

Was feeling under the weather last night so did not see the Flames game but was delighted to see they had won. I am hoping that the HABS can do the same tonight and get both remaining Canadian teams back in the hunt for the Cup.

• Like 1

Hello sexy Cerbies :)

The play-offs will be starting soon and, for the last little while, I've been suffering from hockey fever! ;)

Who's your favorite team? Could it be the Habs? :biggrin:

Or could it be the Senators, the Lightnings or the Bruins? Which one is it?

Shall I dare ask about the Leafs? ;) lol

I'm a Montreal Canadien fan to the core and bleu, blanc, rouge are my favorite colors!

GO HABS GO!

If it is the Habs you can't be very happy right now. Team is too small. ALways running the other goalie. Can't score on the PP or even strength.

They'll be golfing soon. :)

Tough loss for us tonight, exciting game to watch, now I know how Ottawa fans felt like in the previous series when we got the breaks.

Hopefully we can win tomorrow night.

What a heartbreaking loss tonight :(

That goal by Tampa with 0.9 seconds to go in the third was a real killer!

3-0 Tampa... I'm hoping the Habs win 1 or 2 games (and save face) before starting their golf season...

They are still my team though :)

GO HABS GO!!

• Like 4

While it's never over till its over it is not looking very hopeful for the HABS...unfortunately the people they needed to step up in the playoffs just haven't and while Price might be the best goalie in the league he can't win every game for you... Price has made them competitive but they need to put the puck into the net.

While I hope they stage a miracle come back let's just say that I will not be betting any money on them.

BTW GL... As a Toronto Fan I can certainly understand how you feel... I too would have liked my team to win one or two before heading off golfing lol.

• Like 2

Tough loss, really don't think the habs will come back 3 down... Very tough.

Price is a good goalie, and the best in the league at the moment... But is he a great goalie? He should be able to win games all by himself, yes the habs will have to score but a 5-1 loss to the sens and 6-2 loss to the bolts, he needs to play better if they want to advance.... Great goalies step it up when it counts.

A buzzer beater and the Habs are down 0-3. Wow.

Aside from the 5-1 loss to Sens and the 6-2 loss to the Bolts, Carey Price has stood tall. His job is to stop pucks and give his team a chance to win. The Habs' powerplay is dead. Their star players can't find the back of the net (though a few of them are permanently parked in front of the opposition goalies). Ben Bishop is messing with their minds.

Hate to see them go down in a sweep... but at this point, they need a minor miracle to beat Bishop (who is now 15-1-2 career against Habs in regular and post season) and the Bolts, who lost only 8 regulation games this year at home.

When Therrien speaks of "work ethic" and "effort", the Habs are doomed. He's Mr Grumpy personified when the team loses.

CM

Price is a good goalie, and the best in the league at the moment... But is he a great goalie? He should be able to win games all by himself, yes the habs will have to score but a 5-1 loss to the sens and 6-2 loss to the bolts, he needs to play better if they want to advance.... Great goalies step it up when it counts.

Whooha, that's a lot of pressure to put on one man alone. It's like asking him to play perfect games (shutouts) all the time and never let a goal in because his team can't score more than 1, maybe 2 goals, per games. Even "great" goalies are not perfect and let a goal in one in a while.

5-1 and 6-2? I don't think Price is the only one responsible for those. There is only so much he can do by himself without the support of his defense allies, especially when they are often playing one man down because of so many stupid penalties. Plus, you have to give credit to the other great players on the other team.

I really think Price is a great goalie and without him, the Habs most likely wouldn't even had made the playoffs.

I think he has stepped it up more than anyone else on his team.

It takes a team effort to win... not a sole player alone.

• Like 2

No totally agree, all goalies have a bad game or two... And def do not except shutouts every game... The others players around do have have to step up around him.

I'm talking more about the playoffs, and one player can win you a game... If the goalie is on, the others players can feed off that.

• Like 1

Finally we beat Tampa, hopefully getting six goals will give the Habs lots of confidence on Saturday night in Montreal, all we can do now is take one game at a time. It was good to see the whole team win a game not just Mr Price.

• Like 2

I am speechless...

"The Tampa Bay Lightning are restricting playoff ticket sales to Florida residents and banning Habs jerseys from some areas inside the arena. The news has caused quite a backlash for Montreal hockey fans."

icon13.gif

Read more at Global News...

Tampa does this all the time. Not just in hockey either. I believe the Rays did this a couple years ago in the MLB play-offs.It's because the fan base is so diverse and often the home team appears to be under represented. And the powers that be don't really understand their sports, I think. I don't know.

At any rate, good luck to your boys in game 5. In honor of them and because you are my friend, I will take down my Bobby Orr avi for this one time so your hated rival isn't showing up in your threads, Gabby. Lol :icon_wink:

MontrealCanadiens55-56jerseyBeliveau.jpgR.I.P. Jean

Edited by peacectryguy
added picture
  • Like 3