Yeast infection?

After some very wet encounters I suspected I contracted a yeast infection but wasn't sure; now I am. I'll try an over-the-counter feminine yeast infection medication and take it from there. If it doesn't improve then yes I'll see a doctor; I don't hate doctors, I just hate the waits.

Aside from what others have said about your.. comments..

Please go to a doctor immediately.

People commonly misdiagnose, especially when it comes to things they can treat themselves.. STD symptoms can be mistaken for a yeast infection, you treat it and the symptoms go away so you think you were right, but you could still have an infection if it's something else..

• Like 4

I don't wash my hair daily but I do condition it and certainly shower or bathe! The upper inner thighs should be treated like your arm pits....sweat etc happens in BOTH places. Oh, and feet too! Hell, with that list isn't it easier to hop in the shower!? If you lack in normal hygiene practices you can't blame it on anything but your lack of personal awareness! Sorry but washing is a daily function!

• Like 7

The needle on my bs detector is hard to the right.

Peace

MG

Sorry to disappoint you, but my newly bought tube of Monistat is sitting right here on my desk. It's the first time I've bought it in my life, so thanks for the tip! For the record, the tip of my O'Henry is O'happy and O'healthy as it's always protected before the main event. The little yeasties, if that's what they are, are congregating in my thighpits (for lack of a better word) only.

The longest I've gone without showering was almost two weeks during a cold weather camping trip, and I wasn't alone in not doing so. Yes, you're exactly right Roaming; I am proudly non-comformist; insult me if it makes you feel better about yourself, but if you guessed no fucks are given, you guessed right.

All insults aside, I'd have to agree that this odour (an apparently appetizing scent; we'll just go ahead and take your word for it, no samples please!) are most likely from a lack of washing that area.

Maybe you were able to "get away with it" before, but as we age our bodies tend to change and so maybe now your body is reacting to your habits...

And to echo things already said, SEEK MEDICAL ATTENTION. If you have a yeast infection or not, the cream may or may not alleviate symptoms...then again may or may not make things worse... I would never in my life put a chemical on "something" that I did not know 100% to be what the cream is meant for.

(I don't know what if the symptoms of a YI are the same for men and women but from what I recall of having had in the past is that my #1 symptom was not "fungus" or "smell" or anything visible at all, IT ITCHED... nowhere in the OP did you mention itching and yet here you are putting a cream on that help soothe an itchy feeling. Congrats.)

FYI: My friend's child was having issues with a "smelly" belly button, so they went to the Doctor.

Turns out the smell was not from a lack of washing the area, but a lack of properly rinsing/drying the innie (outies have it so easy!) and the soap residue left behind created a bacteria that thrived inside the very warm & damp place.

Just FYI.

Maybe they should put monistat on it?

pffff...its not hot sauce, you don't need to put that shit on EVERYTHING!

I think our good friend oldblueeyes very much enjoys stirring the post and he certainly has us all reacting with this one... lol

• Like 2

I swear to God, I applied Monistat to my thigh-pits an hour or two ago! lol

I don't sweat a whole lot, and Milk of Magnesia works so well that my armpits never stink, so yes, I can go a few days without showering sometimes. As long as I'm freshly showered before an appointment who really cares?

As I said, I've never had this greasy, aromatic (upon reflection, it's more of a tangy/sharp/sweet smell, similar perhaps to Roquefort) problem before. I suspected a yeast infection but, hell, what do I know about yeast infections?

I'm hoping Monistat will do the trick.

Guest N***he**Ont**y

You must still see a medical doctor and as a member of this community you owe "EVERYONE"to see that it is taken care of and not"SPREAD"!

I am puzzled as to why you don't simply go see a doctor. If you don't have a family doctor, there are walk-in medical clinics in every Province.

• Like 4

I swear to God, I applied Monistat to my thigh-pits an hour or two ago! lol

I don't sweat a whole lot, and Milk of Magnesia works so well that my armpits never stink, so yes, I can go a few days without showering sometimes. As long as I'm freshly showered before an appointment who really cares?

As I said, I've never had this greasy, aromatic (upon reflection, it's more of a tangy/sharp/sweet smell, similar perhaps to Roquefort) problem before. I suspected a yeast infection but, hell, what do I know about yeast infections?

I'm hoping Monistat will do the trick.

According to the package, Natureplex Athlete's Foot clotrimazole cream is also good for jock itch and it's only 1 buck per tube at Dollar Tree. They also sell Milk of Magnesia, so you can pop in and buy a case of each and thigh- pits and armpits will be sweet for quite awhile.

However, if the odor becomes similar to gorgonzola or limburger, you must visit a cheese shop and get it checked out.

Yeah, I was thinking it might be jock itch too, but I've never had that before in my life. Anyway, I applied Monistat Derm cream last night; woke up this morning and my thighpits were dry and aroma-free, whereas before they'd be greasy and stinky after a night's sleep, so I'm going to keep applying the Monistat twice daily until the tube's gone, then take it from there.

I've never had a yeast infection before, and since I was under the impression it was a female thing, I figured there would be lots in the know here.

Gorgonzola and Limburger are great cheeses, but as far as I'm concerned, room temperature Roquefort is better than sex!!!!!!!!

"Many of the stinkiest cheeses are hosts to species of bacteria closely related to the bacteria responsible for the characteristic smells of human armpits or feet,"

Guest N***he**Ont**y

Dude! Every woman who has seen you and that is aware of who you are will not be seeing you in the future!No more dates and maybe you might be reported to the local Health Unit where you will be investigated and all people you have seen both private life and family will be ordered tested for STDs! Explain that to a girlfriend or wife about your private activities!

Guest D***el B***e

First time posting here, I've read every single posts ... and I'm waiting for the rabbit to come out of the hat! either that or the OP is a month and a half late on April fool's day ... but having followed oldblueeyez posts in the past, I'd say he's going to pull the rabbit out of the hat ... I just hope he's not gonna smell his fingers after!!!

... but having followed oldblueeyez posts in the past, I'd say he's going to pull the rabbit out of the hat ... I just hope he's not gonna smell his fingers after!!!

This is going to be anticlimactic, but YES to the Monistat! I've put off showering because I knew it would get stinkier and greasier with every uncleaned day and I wanted definite proof of the treatment working. My thighpits are still dry and stink-free!

Thanks again for the Monistat tip! ;-)

And yes, it's about that time of year for me to head off to the STD clinic and have the doctor with the charming lisp inspect my yankee doodle, draw some of my red life fluid, and once again give me, as he always has, the all-clear. It's now bumped up near the top of my to-do list.

I think this is educational. I guess there's a reason they place the yeast infection medication next to the sex section at the drug store.

Time for a shower as even I can't handle it anymore!

You are one disgusting, ignorant, inconsiderate UNSAFE prick. Your handle says "Old" Well time to grow up.

Disgusting? Matter of perspective. Ignorant? Of course. I'll gladly admit I don't know the secrets of the universe. Inconsiderate? Not to the right people. UNSAFE? Well, considering I haven't had an encounter since my stinky situation incubated and I don't plan to until after Dr. Tinky Winky gives me the all-clear, I fail to see how I'm UNSAFE, though I do drive somewhat recklessly.

Explain that to a girlfriend or wife about your private activities!

Girlfriend or wife? Good heavens man, you couldn't pay me enough! :D

Is this for real? I call bullshit. Let this thread die already by no longer responding. I can think of more pleasant convos to have. ;) This is getting boring and idiotic...Some people just want an audience and to get people riled up for nothing. Congrats it worked! Now it's just played out and ZZZZZZ boring! Wake me up when it's over.

• Like 1

IAfter some very wet encounters I suspected I contracted a yeast infection but wasn't sure; now I am. I'll try an over-the-counter feminine yeast infection medication and take it from there.

Are you insinuating that someone else passed this to you? You do realize that tight or abrasive underwear, excess moisture, sweating, skin rubbing or friction, can contribute to a fungal infection which may manifest as jock itch.

Go to a doctor already! Geesh.