I don't include my number in my ads or website for the only reason that I can't answer phone calls all the time and for what I have read giving specific times would not work as apparently not everyone follow those requests.

I have no problem providing my number once contacted by PM and having schedule a time to call , part of the reason is to keep my number a little 'private'.

So I have a question for the gentlemen here, does it bother you having to send a PM or email instead of making a call? I have thought on giving the number and ask to leave a message but not sure if this would work. So getting input on this would be really helpful.

Thanks ;)

IG

Good question. I'm the opposite as you insofar as I only accept e-mails and phone calls. I'm curious to hear what the guys think about their preferred contact method.

Posted via Mobile Device

I am a spur of the moment guy. My life is not so predictable that I can plan a day ahead let alone more days. It is the nature of my profession, I am either sitting around waiting for a call, or busy solving a problem. I don't book ahead via email or pms because the likely hood of having to cancel is just too high. When things slow down, I like to call up and see who is on tap in the next hour, so to speak. Agencies tend to satisfy my requirement for this convenience. As much as I would prefer an Indy, as I have had outstanding experiences with them, trying to set something up at short notice can be difficult. Not having a number to call, or even a vague idea of where a person is located simply means I do not bother to contact them.

I prefer the phone, because:

In my experience one can learn a lot from a person by the way they answer questions and by the way they interact with you on the phone.

Nice well bred gents for instance: Will be friendly nice and easy and

answer questions with easy. They dont want to waist your time because they are busy at work.

Welll bred to me is someone who have been well loved by their

family members and have had some level of formal education.

Guys who have bad intentions:

They tend to send hundreds of emails and pm all day long.

They tend to refuse to answer questions.

Are mostly uncommunicative and unfriedly on the phone and evasive.

An email is not a reliable source of communication when negotiating our

time and services in this industry. That is in my experience.

Some people send emails and are nice guys, but some just want to waist your time gal!

• Like 3

I very much prefer a PM or email than phone call at first and if a date (rendezvous) is agreed upon, then I call to convey my detailed address. It provides time for the lady to read my PM, think about it, reflect on it, and then get back to me at her convenience and vice versa whereas a call requires an instant answer. Also I can detail what I like in a lady and services (those I like and those I opt out) in a PM, without interruption lol.

Guest s******ecan****

I prefer the PM or email, and I always check the ladies ad or posting to see if she has a preference (many prefer email to PM). In my experience the phone call never happens until its time to confirm the appointment. This seems to work best for the ladies I have met.

Although I give out my number I state that I prefer PM, email or text to get the ball rolling because I cannot always answer the phone and I detest voicemail! This works quite well for me!

I prefer PM or E-mail as well.

I usually will research a lady before deciding anyways. Besides, you can see who's not interested in their job when they don't reply within a few days. It gives me a feel for what the service will be like as well.

I prefer PM and email as well. I find it is easier to communicate this way as we are not always in the position to be able to make a phone call. As well, it lets the lady have time to think and consider, and just maybe check us out on CERB as well. We do our research, but so does the lady.

I like to try and PM email if I can first but sometimes spur of the moment it is not possible

Posted via Mobile Device

To get the ball rolling I prefer email or pm. With things going on in my life right now, I'm often away from home. I can't talk on the phone in front of other people but I can still send emails on my laptop confidentialy. To confirm, a day or two before the date, then I will phone, unless other arrangements have been made

RG

PM or email is the first preference unless it's a last minute booking. Of course, we all respect the preference in ads.

First exchange is always done by pm or email. Then the exchange of numbers (unless the provider has it published) I will call prior to the engagement.If she excepts a text message that works too.

I'm easy to get along with. ;)

I prefer PM or email. I always use my first contact to introduce myself and share a little about what I am looking for. I have recently sent a lady a couple PMs and they seem to fall into a black hole. This is frustrating. In particular if she isn't specific saying phone calls only. For the gents we have the ladies posts, ads and pictures to judge. I can see the value for the SP to want to communicate by phone. It would certainly provide an added comfort on who they are dealing with. I am OK communicating in any form just would like that the preferred method of the ladies, if they have one, is clear up front.

PM me if questions. Ha Ha

WC

Posted via Mobile Device

I prefer the phone , my Business is separated line

When my day is ...DONE I just unplug it !

Its only 35 dollars a month ( land line)

When going out , or out of town I foreword it to my cell .

Plus , I find it easier to express your self via the telephone .

so much more personal , its the next step to face to face contact

• Like 1

so much personal , its the next step to face to face contact

This is so true. I never understand why anyone on either side wants to keep so much distance between someone you plan to be spending time with on an intimate one on one level. At least speaking on the phone is interactive, and feeds off of each other. Both are in the same place at the same time, not somewhere else reading then replying and a hour or two later, the reply receives a reply. If you cannot manage a phone conversation I think you miss out in many ways. If someone calls me, I am assuming they are calling at a time when it is ok for them to talk. I would not assume as someone mentioned they don't call because they are not always in a private place. Then why would you consider to call at all lol?

I think that if you use a phone# and you sharing the # with other aspects of your life, then you need to look into getting a smart ring # (one that will ring with a different ring and is using a different phone #), so that you do not answer it when it is not convenient. Or a second line, as mentioned. To not use the phone is very limiting, and misses out on so much of the social component in setting up appts, clealry answering questions so there is no doubt about rates and services, helping to eliminate misunderstandings and as a form of advertising.

I can't tell you how many people decide to come to visit me simply because I took the time to talk to them on the phone, regardless of whether my rates, services, and appearance were exactly what they were looking for at the start. :-D

I prefer a PM or e-mail for initial contact. It allows me to ask any pertinent questions I may have, and then follow through with a phone call at a later time when I am ready to book an appointment.

Although I give out my number I state that I prefer PM, email or text to get the ball rolling because I cannot always answer the phone and I detest voicemail! This works quite well for me!

Same here!

I prefer email although I can see how an SP would like the phone to get a sense of who is on the other end. However if someone wants to hide intentions or their personality then they can do it on the phone too. I only have a business Blackberry and I can't afford to have unidentified numbers recorded on the RIM or business server that might come back to bite me later. My employer does spot checks on numbers to ensure that they are business related.....although this is difficult to do. i have never been challenged.

I am paranoid about using my home computer but I do, and delete all messages and lines of communication after the RV is over. On the road I use my laptop and hot or gmail. This has worked so far. I try and key up appointments a minimum of a day or two in advance. If I am travelling I try a week out. Starting communications a few days out with positive results leads to heightened anticipation.

I have phoned from a hotel room but even that has is a problem when the number is recorded on your hotel room. And how about all those video cameras everywhere including hotel elevators and hallways.....

I thought about buying a pay as you go phone but then I have to keep very close track of it and it seems overly complicated to ensure coverage when travelling abroad. Is there a solution to get a phone that you can use at home and overseas (Europe and Australia)?

I prefer email over PM as I am not always on here or near my laptop. I have now added my phone number to my advertisement but can not guarantee it will be answered right away. That is why I prefer email for the initial form of contact.

so much more personal , its the next step to face to face contact

I agree with the phone method too! I really enjoy talking to a lady, prior to an appointment. You are correct you can express yourself,flirt,joke with each other which gives a very personal touch just prior to the date.

Guest S**a*Q

I think the best dates I've ever had were started over a PM or an email. It's a little different up in Thunder Bay where I find I get a lot of people from out of town, rather than locals.

A conversation started online allows me and him to get to know each other... I always call them before the date, or vice versa, after a few emails, then we always have something to chat about. I prefer writing however, as I can express myself just as well if not more understandably in a letter. I'm also always on a computer, so answering emails is something I do all the time anyway.

I also prefer online as I'm always with people or in public places, and sometimes it's a little awkward to talk freely.

I think the method of communication totally depends on the persons lifestyles and levels of comfort. If someone isn't computer savvy, the phone is obviously a more comfortable, therefore, a better way for them.

Don't forget the fact also , that

Gentlemen with usually move on to the next one

if your to hard to get a hold of !!:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Guest *b*y

I also vote for PM or email.

I find the answer I get helps me understand the SP a little better.

For instance, If I write half a page, and get a one-liner back missing capital letters and punctuation, I get the impression that the SP doesn't go the extra mile. It almost makes me feel that the interaction was pure business for her, and not personal.

I can perhaps get the same impression if I call, but when I'm on the phone with an SP, and realize I'm not interested anymore, it's harder for me end the call without an appointment.

I understand that it is unfair to judge a person based on a PM or an email, but we all judge each other, one way or another.