with all of the fake ads, fake pics and bs that goes on with booking, what would you be inclined to do if an ad only contained the contact info? No location, age, availability.

It seems that no matter what info is in ads, some guys only look at the phone number anyway.

If we ask to text, we get calls.

If we ask to email with a little bit of info from you we get one-liners.

We provide websites for all of our information, and we are told "I looked at it" but we are asked for info on there.

What is your opinion if the only info on an ad was the contact number?

• Like 6

My feeling is they weed themselves out. Guys that do not follow basic instructions prior to meeting are not the ones I want to meet. So, I either don't reply, or if I do, it's short and to the point.

I stopped including my phone number long ago on certain sites. In order for them to find my number, they have do do a bit of research, and my theory, if the do find my number, it's because they've read my website or profile.

Yes, I probably miss some opportunities, but it makes my life easier and so much more enjoyable.

• Like 5

I will never ever understand it.....I post hours of availability (they still call/text all hours of the night) I post Safe Dates Only(they still ask for unsafe dates) I post several pics(they ask to see a pic) lololol

Pretty soon all I am going to put is my phone number

• Like 3

I've always wondered about these type of people, the ones who don't seem to follow simple instructions or don't read your ads or webpages, do they ever actually commit and follow through?

You would make the time wasters day :icon_smile:. Imagine how many questions they could ask then.

• Like 2

Guest st*****ens**ors

I couldn't imagine responding to an ad with contact information only. I would want to know as much as I could about someone I was contemplating meeting, partly for my own sake and partly because I would hate to do or say anything that might cause offence.

Not bothering to read a website, but asking you to spoon feed the information you have already provided is insulting because it implies that your time and effort are worth very little.

I'm not ordering a pizza. I am exploring the chance to encounter a person whose preferences, personality and boundaries are every bit as real and deserving of consideration as my own.

Every provider is an individual with their own personality, ways of doing things and style. To me, this is what should come through in advertising.

Along with that comes what the provider will and will not find acceptable, what they do or do not want and the quality of client they are hoping to gain.

Some ladies are more tolerable of somethings while others are not. How a gentleman behaves towards a provider through one on one contact is reflective of his own personality. Some will read everything, think and digest then follow directions. Some want to streamline the process and others believe you are in business so you are there to provide time to them answering their questions and they do not have to put in effort.

If there is an initial clash between what the provider requires and what the gentleman is willing to provide, that is a powerful screening tool. This is a case of wants/needs on both sides. If those can't be met or agreed on, then it is the wrong combination. Each side of the equation must determine what is suitable for them and neither should have to "adjust" for the other as there is someone for everyone. Determine what you want to do and do it and if someone wants more/less than you're willing to give, move on. We could all bend over backwards every day trying to please and would all end up frustrated.

• Like 6

i have my ads set up in a way that works most of the time. It has to be enough information to attract the clientele you are actually looking for, the ones who do take the time to read an ad. I do not provide rates/services in an ad not just because it is not allowed on the majority of sites, but because my screening is to have people phone me. Not text, not message and not email.

if they can't respect the ad enough to make the phone call, without texting/emailing with some lame excuses as to why not, then it is an easy pass. someone who doesn't comply with a simple condition of booking is a red flag for someone who won't comply with your conditions of behaviour on arrival and during sessions. someone who thinks they are 'too good' to do that is not a good client.

on the topic of repeating information already provided there are a few reasons for that, which do include the fact some haven't read the ad. but some have, and the question is to confirm that what they read is correct, and not out of date. And to give you a chance to show them a bit about yourself. Any conversation regardless of how lame it is is about your marketing. relying on one type of marketing, just the contents of the ad? that's not always a complete picture. Part of your ad is how you communicate with the potential client.

• Like 7

Guest *Ste***cque**

Not reading ads sure seems to be a common complaint among providers. I personally enjoy reading your websites as a way of getting to know you a bit before meeting but then again, I'm from an age that enjoys reading books.

I would see this problem as a perfect screening method as most skimmers are either under your desired age limit and have poor comprehension skills, not seriously looking or possibly low functioning. Do you really want to have a date with that type person? Quality dates will find you.

If you're really frustrated and decide to put a number up solely for those too busy to look beyond your first page, I would use 382 5633.

Obsessive browsing of the internet on mobile devices trains us not to look beyond page one. The internet can be a great tool but most use it like a vast puddle to only skim its surface, sadly. Get used to it as this behaviour is unlikely to change!

The ad with contact info only?

It would be punishment for good clients who read the adds and websites. They don't deserve this.

And it would change nothing for those who don't read anything and don't follow any rules. They need just phone number anyway.

IMHO

• Like 3

I'd imagine you'd still get all the questions, and all the tire-kicking, but the kind of client who likes to do some research before ever making contact would be unlikely to call. I'd almost certainly ignore it, unless I had a compelling reason not to (e.g. lots of recommendations, or something).

• Like 2

If all you posted was your contact number, you'd get slugs like me asking what your number is...despite the fact that we just dialed your number. The sad irony is that we're being earnestly stupid.

• Like 3

with all of the fake ads, fake pics and bs that goes on with booking, what would you be inclined to do if an ad only contained the contact info? No location, age, availability.

It seems that no matter what info is in ads, some guys only look at the phone number anyway.

If we ask to text, we get calls.

If we ask to email with a little bit of info from you we get one-liners.

We provide websites for all of our information, and we are told "I looked at it" but we are asked for info on there.

I see and understand your frustration with all this. Been there lol. But just leaving a number may be interesting, to see who will text, who will call. I have done experiments like that. It never seems to make any real difference. Good people will still find you! Meantime you have to weed through the others.

Every day I get up and say 'don't get impatient.. and remember to be extra kind to the people who actually do contact me in my preferred way, even if they are not potential clients. At least they read my ad !! :) That has to mean something....

Somebody (he was a saleperson at one time) said you have to shake 10 hands to make one deal. (or something like that)

PS - It's hard answering inquiries and not get paid for it. And I have not perfected my method yet, I still lose my patience. But I guess like anything, it takes practice and a good mantra :)

Edited by M*****eJo***et
add 'disclaimer' lol
  • Like 2