Mark Your Calendars FEB 10th Valentines Social

Hello Cerbites,

Mark your calendars , here is advance notice so there are no excuses for not coming. Feb 10th in Ottawa is the Unofficial Cerb Valentines Social. Don't bother MOD about it, it is put on by members and not by CERB itself.

More info will be coming as we get closer to the date, just wanted anyone who wants to come to be able to come.

Thanks

Ottanon (Ottawa Anonymous)

- I will need help with this one. Especially different ends of town where people can pick up tickets. Perhaps we will do something for the Food Cupboard this time.

FYI- In response to some questions I have had. I do not make any money off of this, in fact the last social cost me out of pocket about $250 (and i did not even get a lapdance for that :) ). I bought the food that kept coming , all the party favors and the nice tip that was given to the waitress. If anyone else wants to take over, be my guest.

• Like 3

My opinion...

If you are a member of CERB, it's probably because you hobby. If you hobby, you have some "disposable" income. Members should not "nickel & dime" those who organize events. We don't complain when we pay for parking to see a provider, do we? This is no different.

Ottanon & Angela and others...your efforts are greatly appreciated.

'Nuff said.

E.

• Like 1

Ouh fun! Great idea!

I hope I can make this one...its my birthday the night before so hopefully I will be in ok shape by the next night, lol ;)

Guest C*****tte

I will be making a visit to Ottawa that week and I will hopefully be able to come out. I am not a night owl so I won't be able to stay late, but it would be nice to meet the CERB ladies I admire - and the gentlemen too. ;-)

Again, when the time comes, I will generously help out by selling tickets from my Orleans location. We have some time before that happens, but if you can help out in any way, let Ottanon and I both know.

Also, we will need to think about how to make the event successful without one member having to bear the lion's share of expense. Thanks to Ottanon for so generously contributing to our Christmas social. I believe this was an experiment and we have learned some things for the next one.

At this event we charged each gent $20 a ticket which included the gentleman's first drink. I believe there were 3 gents who did paid but did not show up. Do you think a higher ticket price or simply the understanding that the gents will buy drinks for the ladies (which was generously done at our last event) and contribute to the food (which Ottanon covered).

Any ideas will be appreciated.

I agree that donations to the Food Bank is a great choice for the next event.

Unfortunately, I could not attend the Christmas party but here is my opinion on the issue on who pays what.

The Christmas party was well-said to be a first and an experiment and it allowed people to learn; it was a learning curve.

After that experience, it was noticed that one member had to ffot a part of the total bill. Which in my mind, indicates that the expected piggy bank was not full enough with the admission donations from the members.

Therefore, I believe that after the Christmas party experience, it would be just normal to hike slightly the ticket price, let's say to $25.

However, this hike can only best be decided by those who attended and noticed how many people there were, what was the ratio men to women, what are the food habits, etc... Based on these facts, I'm sure that an adequate figure will be able to be decided.

I appreciate you organizing the Christmas event and I don't believe you should be out of pocket for having done so. I think the $20 fee was OK.

I think in an effort to reduce costs, the guys don't need their first drink free. The decorations and stuff could have been reduced also. Isn't hind sight great.

The valentines social is a great idea and thanks for volunteering to organize again. I think if you supply a room and supply food and possibly the ladies first drink, the gents should be able to buy the drinks for the ladies the rest of the evening. If you think you need to charge $25, go for it. You should not be losing on this. Thanks again.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Richard

I can sell ticket from downtown and do my part a little bit. no problem just pm me if u need me. and also what you think about we have to found a valentin or valentine here on cerb to go at the party by couple :) that should be an idea... :)

Again, when the time comes, I will generously help out by selling tickets from my Orleans location. We have some time before that happens, but if you can help out in any way, let Ottanon and I both know.

Also, we will need to think about how to make the event successful without one member having to bear the lion's share of expense. Thanks to Ottanon for so generously contributing to our Christmas social. I believe this was an experiment and we have learned some things for the next one.

At this event we charged each gent $20 a ticket which included the gentleman's first drink. I believe there were 3 gents who did paid but did not show up. Do you think a higher ticket price or simply the understanding that the gents will buy drinks for the ladies (which was generously done at our last event) and contribute to the food (which Ottanon covered).

Any ideas will be appreciated.

I agree that donations to the Food Bank is a great choice for the next event.

Since there are not a lot of us in Ottawa South, I am certainly willing to sell tickets.

Oh, and I have experience in planning events for up to 1000 people, tons of it. I had done small dinners to large hall to full out camping events. I actually love doing this. I think Angela can also attest to me also giving good parties. Basically I would like to help with this one. :smile:

I agree that ticket prices should cover all expenses and the organizer should not have to pay out of pocket along with doing the work. We have time to brainstorm about how to do this. Perhaps a suite at the Minto and make it a BYOB and pot luck? Then there is only the room fee to cover. Hotel room + booze + women + horny men? Maybe not such a good idea. How about raising ticket prices to what would cover all expenses. I can calculate that when we decide where we want to host it and I would be happy to help out with the organizing.

cat

I agree that ticket prices should cover all expenses and the organizer should not have to pay out of pocket along with doing the work. We have time to brainstorm about how to do this. Perhaps a suite at the Minto and make it a BYOB and pot luck? Then there is only the room fee to cover. Hotel room + booze + women + horny men? Maybe not such a good idea. How about raising ticket prices to what would cover all expenses. I can calculate that when we decide where we want to host it and I would be happy to help out with the organizing.

cat

Angela and I had thought of organizing the Valentine's Day party months ago with this idea in mind but I think it was Ottanon that brought up a good point about being held liable for those who leave intoxicated. The hosts would be responsible to make sure everyone who has had too much to drink to get them a safe ride home or cut them off. I know that this is politically correct but you cannot chase everyone around to make sure of this. Plus if the room is damaged, the person who rented the room would have to pay out of pocket expenses. I would like to attend a party in a more intimate setting like you suggested but there would be a lot of kinks you'd have to work out. Where there's a will, there's a way.

I'm definitely looking forward to the next social!

Some thoughts: I think $20 for the guys is a nice round number for the ticket price, but it should not include a free drink. For liability and other reasons I would prefer a similar venue to the Christmas party rather than a private hotel suite.

Ottanon, I had no idea during the party that you were paying for the food out of your own pocket, sorry about that. I think that other gentlemen simply being more aware will go some way to splitting expenses better. I'll commit to getting a food/appetizer platter at the next event, as long as a few other guys are on the same boat everything should be fine.

Kimmie & I will be there. Charge $25 to the guys with no free drink. If it is not enough to cover expenses pass the hat. I will throw in another $10 or $20. Hell it's only money. No one should have to pay out of their own pocket.

I can sell ticket from downtown and do my part a little bit. no problem just pm me if u need me. and also what you think about we have to found a valentin or valentine here on cerb to go at the party by couple :) that should be an idea... :)

I'm liking that idea ;)

Guest C*****tte

I am making arrangements for my February visit. Is the meet-up still on?

Ottanon,

Agree with all the replies below that it was unexceptable that you paid out of your own pocket for the event.

Believe the best ideas are to raise price to $25 with no drink included. The one drink was only really symbolic in nature anyway.

If you require any assistance from the east end let me know.

PM

Looking forward to this event....would it be wrong to wear the "mistle toe" belt buckle I got at Christmas...?

I am making arrangements for my February visit. Is the meet-up still on?

Yes, we are working on finding a venue that will accommodate us.

Details coming soon!

I've now attended three of these events, and am really disappointed at missing this one as I'm away for a couple of weeks.