Hey everyone,

I was wondering how people go about hobbying in small towns? I've already read some posts of people getting by in PEI and other small places and having similar concerns of "What if so and so sees my car and asks my SO about being at X Hotel" or what if you run into someone in a hotel?

I'm curious what are extra considerations you take?

Do you always have an "alternate story" for being places you otherwise wouldn't be?

I would love to hear anything you're all willing to share!

Sometimes, driving 30 or 60 min out of town will save you the hassle of making excuses and playing hide and seek with people you know.

I myself don't have this problem but I do hope you get a better answer than driving an hour out of your way.

An hour turns into a two hour drive plus the time you are with the SP that is a long time to be gone, and then come up with a good reason.

If you got a better idea, please post it instead of criticizing mine. A small town where everyone knows your name is an issue to many. Sometimes a short road trip is better than becoming a source of gossip.

I could see where a Hotel in a small town could be a problem. This is where you may be better off with an SP who has a discrete incall location. Someplace away from where you normally socialize or generally you have an idea of where your friends/acquaintances live so just avoid those areas! Most SP's will not give out their location until after booked and enroute but if you are polite and ask up front about the general area where she may be, nothing specific, but it could help with your planning on if you would like a visit to happen or not!

I live in a very small town. So I understand. For some, they park at a nearby store and cab over, or I go pick them up.

I do however make sure I turn off my neon sign.

2vj4cg4.jpg

• Like 7

I live in a very small town. So I understand. For some, they park at a nearby store and cab over, or I go pick them up.

2vj4cg4.jpg

You took the words out of my mouth.

Most experienced SP's will try to book a hotel that has options for a reasonable excuse or easy taxi. So near a shopping center, resturants, love a good Canadian tire in the hood lmao!

Additional Comments:

2vj4cg4.jpg

Most experienced SP's will try to book a hotel that has options for a reasonable excuse or easy taxi. So near a shopping center, resturants, love a good Canadian tire in the hood lmao!

Additional Comments:

2vj4cg4.jpg

• Like 2

Some good advice here.. it's nice to hear the perspective of SPs who live in or go to small towns.

If I could simply drive for a half an hour or even an hour to go to another town on their tour, then that would be easier sometimes.. unfortunately the SPs that come to my area only book stops every 2 - 3 hours apart. I'm glad they bother to come here at all and not only the cities!

If they added more stops in other small towns near by it may be easier to visit them for people in different towns near by..

I'm sure the hotels they choose are chosen for good reasons and privacy being one of those reasons.

In small towns... everyone knows what car everyone drives.  Huge problem!

I park in busy nearby parking lots and walk over... and usually book in the cover of night.

There will always be risks of married guys meeting someone other then their wife for sex but in my experience (30+ yrs) it's a very manageable risk.

- have a plausible story in case you meet anyone you know.  If it's a hotel in a small town it might be easier to explain then a house in part of town where you don't know anyone. Hotel excuses ... meeting a business associate... booking a date night as a surprise for side... eating at hotel Resturant etc.

- establish a reason for being in the area of the appointment with your SO so that if she hears from someone who knows you she will not be suspicious

-take a cab to the location of meeting and leave car where your spouse would expect it to be (in a really small town this could be a bigger problem if everyone knows the cab drivers)

- do some research on the hotels/motels in your area there is usually a more discrete way to enter the building then through the main lobby (if locked SP might be able to let you in.

- book appointments for a time that would be less suspicious. This might vary by location or individual) 

- if the hotel/motel has a bar or restaurant establish a pattern of going there to eat or have a drink on a regular basis so that your have a built in cover for appointments.

The risk is higher in small cities but can be significant in larger cities where you think you are safer but in reality are not.  I was in Ottawa once and was meeting a lady and thought it would be great to also enjoy a meal... while in the restaurant one of my wifes friends was sitting at the next table and I had to quickly come up with a cover story.  After the meeting was over I called my wife like I do when traveling and made surer to mention seeing her friend while I was at dinner with an associate.

There is Risk but check out all the photo albums on here and know there is also great reward.

Just my Opinion 

Well I live in Smalltown Ontario Canada, nearest city (Kingston) about hour and half away and the city I usually go to is Toronto, about two, two and half hours away (depending on traffic) and the other city I have on occasion gone to Ottawa about three to four hours away (depending where in the city Kanata is close but such a long drive to Orleans tongue in cheek here) and OMG it becomes OH SO FAR almost insurmountable to go to Gatineau especially factoring in a bridge crossing (BTW tongue firmly in cheek here, said in complete fun)

To me seeing a companion is about an escape, time together so I tend to book longer periods of time with a lady.  There are no ladies locally so I do have to travel...guess I'm a touring client LOL.  As for hobbying, there are no stamp collecting clubs in town, so much for a hobby.  As for seeing companions, this to me is a lifestyle, not a hobby.  'Nuff said there

A Rambling

RG

I often have had no choice but to drive to nearby bigger cities but when I have had touring ladies visiting my smaller town and I've been driving my work truck that everybody knows, I have at times parked at Walmart or Canadian Tire and walked over to her hotel. I don't have the SO issue to deal with but sometimes customers could get curious and ask questions. Obviously, it all depends on what you have in your town for shopping options and how close they are to the hotel or incall.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, peacectryguy said:

... I have at times parked at Walmart or Canadian Tire and walked over to her hotel. I don't have the SO issue to deal with but sometimes customers could get curious and ask questions...

We're so small a small town we have to go to the closest but very small city to go to a Canadian Tire or Walmart.  But I digress LOL

I forgot to add, when I go to see a companion I have a ready made story in case the hotel asks (not investigatively, just making conversation) why I'm visiting. My story is my trip is an overnight getaway, going to get a nice steak dinner (whatever) out, and next morning go to Bass Pro Shops.  If in Kingston similar story, except I'm going to visit friends etc (used to live in Kingston) and if in Ottawa going to museums (LOL)

Funny only time I've been asked and only on occasion is Toronto.  When asked why hotels by the airport I said my experience every bit as nice as the ones downtown, not as expensive and I can park my truck...always. 

But key IMO for checking in is have a quick ready made excuse for being in the city...if you look evasive that becomes suspicious. But that's JMO

RG

On a few occasions, I've visited touring ladies at one of the local hotels where the staff knows who I am because I have done service work for them. That can be a little awkward but like you RG, I have a quick back story at the ready if I'm asked. Honestly, I think they know why I'm there anyway but I have never been asked. I never walk in nervous or shifty looking and always make eye contact with the staff and say hello. I have only been asked by staff one time if I needed assistance. I simple told them no thank you and made my way casually to the elevator.

• Like 2

This is a bit of a problem around the area of my trailer. Sadly it hinders visits from some of the locals because they would be recognized if seen. 

It sucks but that that is just how it goes sometimes. 

• Like 1