How do you feel about last minute appointments?

I'm quite newly involved in this hobby and I understand that planning a date at least a few days in advance is both courteous and practical for both parties. However, my circumstances are such that most times I only become available with very little advance warning. It leaves me in a position where I've found myself sending off emails to ladies asking if they're comfortable with meeting a new fellow, usually only within hours of the message being sent. I completely understand the impracticalities of this but I wonder...Do you ladies find such short notice requests to be annoying, discourteous or disrespectful, in any way?

I only do last minute appt bookings, at least I require a confirmation call not more than 30 minutes before the desired time, and won't prebook appts at set times for many reasons.

However, there is absolutely no possible way for you to do this by email alone. If you phone the sp, then you and she both know you are on your way. If you send an email, you have no idea when she is going to read it, then you are still sitting around waiting for an email back, then back again, it is definitely NOT a good way to manage same day appt bookings.

You can, if you think you might have some time coming up within a certain time period, email the day before and ask if the person is available, then both sides confirm it is ok for you to confirm that appt (preferably with a phone call) an hour beforehand, with the understanding that the sp may or may not be available after all, or that there may have to be some time adjustments.

If the sp does not have a phone call option, then you will simply have to move onto one who does. It works better for both sides for same day notice, and the ones who do this will have a # for you to call. Other sps may require you to do some prescreening, after which they may be available for you to do a same day appt booking, so you just have to check out your options to find one that works for you. Also, even I don't mind phone calls one or two days ahead, or the morning of, just for the purpose of getting information and to make sure I am in all day, or have other plans.

I personally don't like last-minute bookings for new clients and I ignore most of the "Are you available now?" emails. However, if you went about it differently you might get a more positive response.

If someone emailed me and said "Hey Megan, *brief introduction to yourself*. I understand you don't book new clients same-day. My situation makes it such that I can only book last minute. Would it be possible to fill out your prescreening questionnaire in advance, and then book same day? Thank you for your consideration" I would react much more positively!

• Like 4

I really think it depends on the lady.

Some, like myself, require advance notice... some, just a few hours.

I'd suggest reading a lady's ads and website, a lot of the time it will say as much there... if not, I don't see a problem with asking. How else are you to know?

I find it kind of annoying when new clients want to see me right away as I need time to prepare and screen them...

I don't mind with clients I've already met.

But those are just my personal choices.

I don't really find last minute bookings (or any bookings) through email that difficult.. I use gmail, have never waited for an email and my email comes directly through to my blackberry so I can answer them as soon as I have a free moment.

Hi Doc. Good question. I, too, find it difficult to pre-book appointments.

I think Megan's advice is pretty practical. Contact the lady of your dreams and indicate your desire to meet her in the future and get all the prescreening out of the way. Then when your schedule opens up, she may be willing to see you on short notice.

And once you've met and hit it off, subsequent meetings should be easier.

Guest al****s

For me, last minute appointments are rarely accommodated. I have never been one to meet a complete stranger, especially last minute. This is my personal decision and I fully realize that not only do I miss out on potential earnings, but that a lot of SP's are totally fine with meeting someone they don't know last minute. Everyone is different. I have a fairly strict screening process in that I do expect to know a little bit about you before I will agree to meet you. This is what I must do to maintain my comfort level and safety. I like to think that I'm meeting a friend rather than a stranger.

Like Megan said (and I agree). If someone were to allow me to "get to know them" a bit via email ahead of time and then were to book last minute, I may consider it. I will also consider last minute arrangements for regular clients.

I am not the type of woman that gets up every day and gets ready to look her best to sit at home and watch TV, go out for a walk, or hang out with friends, so that also makes last minute sessions less likely. I would not want to meet someone without looking my best. Because of my location, I often have to consider travel time as well.

For me personally, pre-bookings are always ideal...even if it's for the next day. This not only allows me the time to get ready for you, it also allows me the time to get excited about our time together.

Just my thoughts...good thread!

alexis...xoxo

I like the planning ahead myself, mostly because my location requires me to schedule a date well in advance

But it's also allows me to reserve a hotel (I prefer outcall), and the excitement and anticipation of meeting a new lady, or a repeat with an ATF

(btw can you have more than one ATF)

But to address doc's concerns, maybe a reputable agency could acommodate his needs

Just a thought

RG

Hello, DocOttawa

For me it depends on the situation. I regularly have prbooked appointments and like to give my all my energy to the clients that prebook.

A good tip is to read the ladies adds. If I have a cancellation or no booked appointments. I will place an add stating that I'm available right now. I find that it is a good opportunity to get new clients. If I'm placing an add for last minute appointments I will add my number.

Now, I also place announcements. I place these to get prebooked appointments and do not add my number. I expect clients to email me or pm me and say so on the announcement. I try to make it easy by having my own website with a calendar, that is updated regularly.

But I also don't mind at all if you guys come by to ask to see if I'm available because life happens. Appointments sometimes get canceled and who knows I might have some free time . But if you guys do this don't have expectations that you will see me, or any other girl. But an introduction is a great way to get in my good books.

We all have our own way of conducting business. So respect is the biggest part of seeing the lovely lady of your choice.

XoXo Peachy/Val.

I actually do things at the last minute because I have other things going on and because I'm low volume, I can be flexible,

I have found that the business has changed where everything has become fast paced to the point of people wanting 15 minutes which I DON'T do. I prefer someone to call me directly on the phone the same day as there is a little chance of cancellation with a half hour's notice and i can get to my location very quickly or just stay close to home if an appt doesn't work out.

Gone are the days of booking appts in advance. I feel the business has changed and one has to adjust to make things happen. Now if I were in this business full-time and it was my only income, I would do things differently like only offering one or two hour appts like I used to, have the nice website I once had, etc, etc, etc.

I can rarely do a last minute appointment, usually 2 days is the quickest I can do should a lady pop up on my radar.

The girls that I like to see I have to book probably about 3-4 weeks in advance of their arrival here or I would never get to see them because they would be booked up.

Early bird gets the worm I guess.

I require at least 30 minutes notice and if I I'm free at their desired time, then they can see might right away. If the appointment is for later on that day or another day, I ask that they confirm a minimum of 30 minutes ahead to let me know they are on their way.

So last minute bookings are generally not a problem for me.

For outcalls, I prefer a few hours notice, but can sometimes accommodate with a minimum of 1 hour's notice.

I do accept advanced bookings, but again, require confirmation the previous evening or morning of the day of the appointment to ensure they do indeed intend to keep the appointment.

I work a 'day job' so last minute booking is almost impossible.

Even if I could, though, I think I would not. I do not see strangers at the last minute. I need a little bit more 'connection' time via email and phone.

I find email is the best introduction, and then, once we have established we have the same boundaries, the phone is the best way to actually book and confirm appointments.

Back when I worked for an agency these details were not as important, as, the agency had your back. However, as an independent it is imperative to have time to establish a good sense of your client.

Once I know a fellow I can often slip him in at the last minute. I find it is more like meeting a secret lover and having a clandestine affair!

Nothing is fool proof. I once exchanged a plethora of emails only to find the client wanted bbbj.

BTW, there is always an agency somewhere that offers last minute appointments 24/7

I only offer last-minute appointments to established clients. I'm often booked for two or three weeks ahead and I have some clients whom I see on a very regular basis, like the second Monday of the month. If someone needs to cancel or change a meeting, I may be available for a same-day appointment with someone else, but this doesn't happen very often. Most of my clients see me for longer appointments, in any case. I'll always go out of my way to make arrangements for someone I've seen before, but new clients aren't going to get the same benefits.

well I'm one who has to book last minute as my medication doesn't always work. it could be my blood sugar level or other reasons. so last minute is best for me. but I phone 1st and will respect the ladies response.

I really don't mind last minute as long as I am ready and not busy. I find that last minute appts are less likely to cancel. Most of the no shows I have encountered were from appts made the day before or even a few days before.

Excellent question. I occasionally get calls asking if they can come 'now' because they are just around the corner....I don't mind the call but more often than not I am just not prepared to see someone 'now'. I personally prefer a few hours notice, it gives me time to prepare, but I certainly do not object to a gentleman calling to ask if I would be able to see him in an hour. I will certainly do my best to see him. I do ask for a confirmation call half an hour before the appointment. Emails are fine if pre booking but for same day appointments using the phone is a much better idea.

I too find it hard to book too far in advance. My schedule fluctuates. You never know when you are going to have an afternoon open up without notice. I've always taken the approach that it can't hurt to ask, so long as you do it nicely. I've never known a lady to be offended by the question (at least that I know of) but I certainly would never expect for her to be available. Sometimes it's all in how you ask.

My issue is my job I do not have set in stone hours so its hard to pinpoint an exact day and time because for some reason it seems everytime I try to book something is when something goes wrong at work and I am trying to cancel. So for me last minute appointments are the only way to go.

Advance booking, I cannot always clear the necessary time to do this so I do prefer to make my appointment last minute, within 30 minutes. I am not against prebooking with a visiting sp, but not always can I do that so I may have to pass on a visiting sp or any sp because they only accept prebookings daysin advance...

Hey, us Mikeys think alike! With my job I cannot plan more than a day in advance and thus it is hard to book something next week etc. Quite often I have clients in town and I end up taking them out for dinner or drinks and I never know if we are going to finish early or go all night (some clients want to stay up all night not caring that I have to go to work again the next day!) so very hard to prebook. I don't like to prebook and then have to cancel so alot of times I have to wing it. So I usually text or email if I can and say "hi there, long time since I saw you last. Any chance you are available this afternoon? I happen to be downtown and my meetings finished early so I have time for some fun. If you get this message in the next hour and you are free let me know. Otherwise I will try to see you another day. Have a great day!" Occasionally I work from home and if I find myself with some unexpected free time I check Cerb and as Peachy pointed out some ladies will post a notice saying they are available or I will chat with someone in chat and arrange a last minute appt. Sometimes the excitement of a last minute adds to the moment but also many times no one is available but that is to be expected. Any time I can get with one of the lovely ladies from Cerb is a bonus!

Yup.. best to check the provider announcements on here or go directly to the websites of each girl. They will usually make it clear which category they fall into.. then keep a ''short list'' of girls you would like to see and call rather than email for a same day appt. Not all ladies have email forwarded to their phones.

The point about last minute appointments being more secure is quite true. When I worked for an agency I had set hours to be available and it was easy to flit out the door at last minute.

Now, however, as a person with a day job and working Indy, it is difficult to dash away at the last minute.

I have a friend, my age, who has found a reputable agency to work with in her town and I really envy her. She has a set hour she books on and when she does, all her calls are lined up for her. She never has to worry about being in a compromising place (eg: shopping center, with family, at work) and answering personal questions on her phone.

My only issue with last-minute appointments is the way in which the gentlemen approach it. Most of the time it is an email that says "are you available now?" and to me, that sounds like you bulk-emailed every SP you were interested in and will see whoever replies the fastest.

Megan stated things perfectly. If you were to send me an email that said, "Hi Berlin, I'm really interested in seeing you, but my schedule varies and I am often only available last minute, would it be possible to see you in an hour?" I would be much more likely to respond!

In general, I don't have a problem with last-minute appointments, but I still want to see gents who want to see me, not guys who will see any ol' SP who happens to be available.

• Like 1