So, a question arising from the recommendation thread here, which I thought deserved its own thread...

It seems to me that recommendations have a bias in favour of SPs/MAs who are new to the scene, or who may have just left one establishment for another, or gone indy. This is all well and good, and probably understandable, but - where does it leave the ladies who have been established for a while, and who have probably built up a good number of regular repeat visitors, and thus may not have (or want, or need) the same volume of new customers as the latest arrival?

To ask a more concrete question on behalf of those who write the recommendations: if you've already written a recommendation for someone, when (if ever) is it appropriate to maybe write another, if only to say "yes, she's still awesome"? And where does that cross the line into shilling?

Edited by Phaedrus

I usually write up a second/third..... recommendations for the same lady if I have something new to say about her or our encounter/date, or have discovered something new about her or if I have had a better time than previous, for specific reasons.. On the shilling question, not sure.. My understanding of a shill post is that if the reviewer is somehow (financially or otherwise) profiting from the lady's promotion or if he is somehow associated with her (like a BF or p**p or agency or biased in her favor for any other reason. But for a unbiased hobbyist to give a lady multiple recommendations for rightful reasons, in my book, I do not consider that as shilling at all.

Guest W***ledi*Time
... where does that cross the line into shilling?

... for a unbiased hobbyist to give a lady multiple recommendations for rightful reasons, in my book, I do not consider that as shilling at all.

I agree with SA. To put a bit of a twist on Phaedrus's question, the issue might be restated as "where does that cross the line into a perception of possible shilling?" That perception would depend on a number of factors, no doubt. One of those factors would be how many recos for other ladies the recommender has made - the fewer of these, the more likely some of the other members will start wondering about bias. Another factor would be how many other members have recommended that lady. Or that lady's general reputation otherwise. Etc. Those are factors that tend to creep into my mind, at least. As SA points out, having something new to say or add always is a plus.

Listen to that little voice in your head. If something feels like too much of a good thing to you, it may feel the same to others. Which does neither the gent or the lady any good. On the other hand, better too much of a good thing than too little, ha ha.

I've given multiple recommendations when I think they're deserved. There are several women on here that I've seen quite often, and I haven't hesitated to say why.

To me if the lady made my time great with her I will give her a reco whether it is a repeat to or not.

I have made 4 reco's on here and 2 of them have more than one reco from me.

These two ladies I believe are the best of the best on cerb that I have met personality wise.

And I plan to see these two wonderful ladies in the future as well as other cerb members.

I certainly do not mean to offend anyone by anything.

It has always been my understanding that the existance of the board is not discussed and if a lady asks about the board or if I am member, "No, never heard of it". This perhaps may ba alittle to old school for some though.

I believe it is our responsibility as a hobbiest to make some sort of posting about each and every enounter. In such a diverse communuty we need to keep the flow of information going. If not then what's the point? If we are not posting about encounters then for me the board becomes only another forum to make random posts and/or just a another advertisment board. When I read a post everyone I always remember that everyone is different and each encounter is different. I do not believe in post every detail about an encounter, and if I want to read erotica I can find it. Genralized statementsare are enough to help make a more informed decision and after all that in may opinion is what this community is all about. finding information to make a more informed decision.

When I cannot find any post about a lady, when a lady does not want to be discussed in anyway shape or form on the board. I think that it is a like playing rush and roulette by seeing them couldbe fun, could just be trouble.

There are those ladies out there that are just so classy, just so ...va va voom...that there name itself speaks for it self, that any sort of posting about time spent together would just be pointless. This is some thing that a newcomers may not realize until later. I am sure that most of us can come up (up....hum....speaking of up!) with at least one name that fits that description.

This community is a resource that is used by men and women. Each and every one of us are here for our own reasons.

There are those ladies out there that are just so classy, just so ...va va voom...that there name itself speaks for it self, that any sort of posting about time spent together would just be pointless.

Unfortunately this isn't quite right.

1. Posting a recommendation pushes the topic thread to the Front Page resulting in publicity for the lady.

2. Posting can reveal something new about the lady, I only found out that one lady here offered (mild) domination because of a recommendation.

3. Posting shows that the lady is still available. Some ladies don't post schedules and a recommendation is a signal they are available.

There are likely more reasons, top of my head 6:50 am writing.

Unfortunately this isn't quite right.

1. Posting a recommendation pushes the topic thread to the Front Page resulting in publicity for the lady.

2. Posting can reveal something new about the lady, I only found out that one lady here offered (mild) domination because of a recommendation.

3. Posting shows that the lady is still available. Some ladies don't post schedules and a recommendation is a signal they are available.

There are likely more reasons, top of my head 6:50 am writing.

I will take issue with you on that.

I know of one lady that does not advertise any more anywhere, she has taken things "private, discrete" in her words. She was a very well known SP here on this very board in her time with us. She is still an ACTIVE SP and does not advertise, does not want posting. It is one of her condition of seeing her no posting reviews, recomendations or using her name anywhere. Her SP life is private, her private life is very and extremely private. She does not need to advertise, her name does that all one it's own.

She is more like a true misstress, she does not want one time stands she wants to develop a more personal connection with her clients she feels that things are much better that way.

Not to hijack this thread, but there are many wonderful SPs on CERB who are never or rarely reco'd. Not sure if this is laziness on the part of hobbiests or what. It is a bit of a mystery.

There are hobbiests who complain of lack of recos but then when they see a lady, don't bother to write one themselves.

But, please do not complain that ladies do not have recos if you are not willing to write one yourself.

Thank you.

• Like 1

It is one of her condition of seeing her no posting reviews, recomendations or using her name anywhere.

In her specific situation she has decided to forgo the 3 benefits I listed and that is all fine and well nor does it negate my statements.

All it takes is a request to be on the DNR list and no-one else would be the wiser other then her regulars.

In her specific situation she has decided to forgo the 3 benefits I listed and that is all fine and well nor does it negate my statements.

All it takes is a request to be on the DNR list and no-one else would be the wiser other then her regulars.

Agreeed,

You will get no arugment from me about that.

The DNR LIST is one good example of wroking sp who advertise but do not want to be reviewed.

The SP I was talking about is still an member of tie community with no DNR.

I do not agree with a DNR of in any form.

My feeling on this is if you do not want me to post a review/recomendation then you do not want to see me.

Just my opinion though

Yes i too have felt awkward at times about this issue. I have seen people who rave on about how they love my service, I see them often. When I ask if they participate in reviews they answer " no I dont spend much time on that" But as Meg stated, if they have time to find me, why not to recommend me?

I had been apart of cerb for almost 6months before my first review came out. I was starting to think to myself..." what do I have to do to get a recommendation?" or " they must just say that they love my service and not mean it." or " what are other girls doing that I am not, to get those review's?"

Now it all started to fall in place. They started to trickle in. Afterall this is a recommendation board right?

As I said on the other thread, I have resolved to "re-recommend" a lady whenever I see her again, with the assumption the encounter is a good one. The ladies that I have seen on numerous occasions are important to me, and if, as pointed out in the other thread, I might hurt their reputations by not posting a more current recommendations, so I am going to go out of the way to make sure I do so.

That being said, I do have two points/issues I'd like to raise:

1) To Meg's point about spending "two minutes" on a recommendation ... For me, it's NEVER two minutes to write a review ... it's a lot of minutes, and in a re-recommendation, I am going to consider new points or a new story to add to the recommendation. That takes time and effort.

2) these are recommendations, and as such, they have to be written in accordance with Cerb guidelines and in a positive way. The only way the guys here have to not recommend someone (at least on this board) is ... well ... silence. Again, I rarely have had a bad experience to the point where silence on Cerb is my only option, but that option needs to be available and I will never criticize a guy for not writing one.

Many thanks for the comments, all! It's good to know what other people feel about this sort of thing. Clearly I'll have to get scribbling more often than I have done in the past!

If you look at my reco thread, cool-cucumber has reco'd me about three times now. It is totally fine to write more reco's for the same SP if you really enjoy her and her services.

It's just nice to hear that even though everyone knows about you (you have an online presence, etc), people still care enough to tell everyone how awesome you are.

So gents, if you've just seen one of your favourites and she is still blowing your mind, write her a quick reco--she will appreciate it!

As usual Meg took the words right out of my mouth!

This whole issue is very perplexing. If you have the time to respond to threads, why on earth could you not take 2 minutes to write a reco? Actually, I am surprised that we haven't seen an influx of reco's since this issue has come up.

No matter how popular the lady, a reco is still very important for many reasons.

We are all human and certainly vanity plays a roll. Who does not like to read about how great one is? It is almost hurtfull when you know you had a great time and yet nothing was mentioned, especially when you have seen that person more than once!

Furthermore, eventhough not every person reads the recos, alot do, so yes, it is a strong advertising tool.

Such a board could not exist without the participation of it's members. This participation should not be limited strictly to the "fun" threads. Reco's are what inspired this board and what will keep it fresh and useful so....get on the reco train!

Awesome post Meg FYI !

I have posted recco's the last few months but at first as a newcomer to Cerb it takes awhile to become comfortable with it until you build a little bit of presence here and familiarity. My recommendations don't go into much for graphic detail but more about the girl, the experience, the atmosphere and just how much I really enjoyed our time together. I suspect more detail would probably help you a lot more but I probably don't intend to go there. I guess I only gently push guys your way...

I never really thought about re-recommending before but after reading Kubrickfan's post I think I will resolve to do that myself. Ladies I really enjoy spending time with and re-visiting with is what I look for. So re-recco'ing and refreshing an SP in peoples memory bank and promoting to new members would be a good thing.

Apex - You seem to be forgetting that recommendations are not just to benefit the SP, but to benefit our entire community. We are not just a Subway chain, we are a tight-knit community that supports and looks out for each other. We all need to do our part and give back to the community that gives us so much.

Posted via Mobile Device

I don't think a reco should be written after every encounter. If that was the case, there would be way too many recos to read on each lady, and they would probably be quite repetitive, stating generic facts about the lady. I think what everyone has been saying is that, if you had a fantastic time, whether it was your first encounter with her or your twentieth, it's nice to write something to let the lady know how you felt.

Apex - You seem to be forgetting that recommendations are not just to benefit the SP' date=' but to benefit our entire community. We are not just a Subway chain, we are a tight-knit community that supports and looks out for each other. We all need to do our part and give back to the community that gives us so much.

Posted via Mobile Device

Oh I am not forgetting, but in a community where negativity is grounds for suspension, we can't expect that recognition for every single thing we do here. IMO as my experience gets larger and larger; I am forced to compare all experiences with a previous one. As I have seen what I think are the best SP's in the industry, I find it hard to give a recommendation about a person that although was a good experience, was not as good as a previous one I had for the same donation and service. Everyone keeps saying this is an industry, and I think the industry leaders deserve the most recognition. It is not helping anyone if I give the same reco to an SP that was not as much fun or mind blowing as the one I compare her to.

All that I am trying to say, is if a reco was given out every single time an encounter happened, we would not have a fair complaisant of each SP. As my own personal experiences grow, I think back at some of my own first recommendations I did and would like to change some of them now. But I can't! That is not fair to the other SPs I have seen after that person, that are miles ahead in service quality.

And please remember that this is an opinion of one guy!

I don't think a reco should be written after every encounter. If that was the case, there would be way too many recos to read on each lady, and they would probably be quite repetitive, stating generic facts about the lady. I think what everyone has been saying is that, if you had a fantastic time, whether it was your first encounter with her or your twentieth, it's nice to write something to let the lady know how you felt.

Totally agree with you Cleo. Well said. :)

Posted via Mobile Device

I had no idea not writing a reco could be such a gaffe on my part.

Problem is, i`m not really comfortable with the almost 'kiss and tell' aspect of a reco. I don't generally discuss such a personal aspect of my life with anybody (and I don't mean the SP aspect lol, I mean being intimate with someone). Call me strange, but I feel that time shared intimately between 2 people is nobody's business but theirs.

However, as far as the appreciation aspect goes, I'm pretty sure I was able to convey to the SP just how much I enjoyed myself and how much it was appreciated (which was a TON btw).

Thankfully, there seems to be plenty of other people out there who aren't a weirdo like me and will share their experiences with others.

Anyway, that's my oddball 2 cents :)

• Like 2

I had no idea not writing a reco could be such a gaffe on my part.

Problem is, i`m not really comfortable with the almost 'kiss and tell' aspect of a reco. I don't generally discuss such a personal aspect of my life with anybody (and I don't mean the SP aspect lol, I mean being intimate with someone). Call me strange, but I feel that time shared intimately between 2 people is nobody's business but theirs.

However, as far as the appreciation aspect goes, I'm pretty sure I was able to convey to the SP just how much I enjoyed myself and how much it was appreciated (which was a TON btw).

Thankfully, there seems to be plenty of other people out there who aren't a weirdo like me and will share their experiences with others.

Anyway, that's my oddball 2 cents :)

You're not weird and it's not a gaffe! I think what people are talking about is gentlemen who will write recos for one lady, but not another who he sees quite frequently, or writing one for someone and then seeing her still for months and not writing again.

But what we do and experience is very personal. And I for one DO understand keeping certain encounters between SP/hobbyiest (as long as it's not for a 'I want to keep this SP to myself so I won't tell anyone about her'). And for those encounters where things are extremely intimate, sensual, and personal, I'm sure both parties k.now how much the other one enjoyed themselves, reco or not :)