Tell me what you think.

I prepaid to visit an SP I've never seen before. She tells me to text or message the night before for locations information. I text at 830p and message at 9p. Appointment is 9a the next day. I'm up at 630a, no text, check again at 7 and 730 nothing. At an hour and half ahead of an appointment booked a week earlier I assume she double booked or who knows what. I move on to focus on other things. She texts at 745a and again at 830a which I don't hear. I miss the appointment.

Looking to re-book she wants another full fee deposit.

As long as you're certain that you followed the booking procedure she gave you, I'd just forget her and move on. No need to throw good money after bad. There are plenty of other providers out there.

But make sure you did do what you were supposed to, because otherwise it's your own fault :)

It appears as though your slip up was in not hearing her texts..... I often miss texts (don't have phone with me, don't hear them, don't tend to check my phone frequently etc.) so if you're anticipating communication for a prepaid visit it's obviously important to be attentive to your phone. I've never been asked to prepay for a visit - I would only prepay if it were a provider that I already knew well and had visited numerous times and I can't imagine any of them would ever ask me to prepay.

I agree with Phaedrus' advice: best to move on.

7 hours ago, drakas said:

It sounds like I'm more at fault for not paying closer attention to my phone?

I don't think so. If she asked you to text the evening before for directions, I'd have expected to get them the same evening. Or at least a reply. 9pm isn't unduly late.

• Like 2

I think both sides could have done better on this one. She said she would text the location the night before. She didn’t. You have a 9 am appt and somehow didn’t see the texts? If I had a 9 am appt I wouldn’t stop looking at my phone at 7:30 . 

Edited by Hukupp
Worthwhile edit
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, drakas said:

Tell me what you think.

I prepaid to visit an SP I've never seen before. She tells me to text or message the night before for locations information. I text at 830p and message at 9p. Appointment is 9a the next day. I'm up at 630a, no text, check again at 7 and 730 nothing. At an hour and half ahead of an appointment booked a week earlier I assume she double booked or who knows what. I move on to focus on other things. She texts at 745a and again at 830a which I don't hear. I miss the appointment.

So the appointment to give you location details for the appointment is a flop. You prepaid, never seen her before, don't try to text again the morning of, and find distractions 1 and half hours ahead of the actual appointment time. Did I read this right?

Now you want to bring up the old 'I assume she double booked' (cuz that happens all the time when a prepaid appointment is on the schedule) as a way to remind other pooners the awful things a SW can do to you. Cuz that old double-booked thing has become less discussed in recent times?

Haters Haterade GIF - Haters Haterade Gonna GIFs

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, TorontoMelanieJolliet said:

So the appointment to give you location details for the appointment is a flop. You prepaid, never seen her before, don't try to text again the morning of, and find distractions 1 and half hours ahead of the actual appointment time. Did I read this right?

Now you want to bring up the old 'I assume she double booked' (cuz that happens all the time when a prepaid appointment is on the schedule) as a way to remind other pooners the awful things a SW can do to you. Cuz that old double-booked thing has become less discussed in recent times?

Haters Haterade GIF - Haters Haterade Gonna GIFs

Looks like holleration too!

• Like 1

I'll admit, an hour before an appointment, I'd have my phone on me.

I'd also recommend avoiding pre-paid SPs (unless you've seen them before), and if you change your mind about an appointment (bad vibe, or not in a good mental space for an appointment), cancel, preferably well in advance. I'd acknowledge that the SP communication wasn't perfect.

That said, recommend moving on and learning for next time.

-cbs

• Like 1

Well, I see it as water under the bridge at this point, I really only ask here because I still have quite mixed feelings about it.

22 hours ago, drakas said:

It sounds like I'm more at fault for not paying closer attention to my phone?

It's not about 'fault' being assigned - doing that isn't going to fix the situation nor prevent it from happening again. And yes, you need to pay attention to your phone. She did attempt to contact you twice the morning of the appointment and perhaps she's not an early riser - hence the timing.  Did she actually send you the location/address? Many providers only provide a general location or intersection via text and then give details through a phone conversation. 

I've no idea where you're messaging from nor how long you've been seeing sex workers but you've only been on this board for a little over a week so I'm not sure what other suggestions to make. I'm certain there is not a single SP across the country who has not had to deal with 'no-shows', time-wasters and address collectors and in some cities it is reported to be worse than others - I'm in Ottawa and a few years back we had a bad rep for being no-shows - by which I mean not prepaid but an appointment reserved and then no client showing up: hence this SP asking for prepayment. 

I used to travel into the city from some distance out in the country so had to ensure the SP I was visiting provided a general location early enough that I could arrive at the arranged time. 

5 hours ago, drakas said:

...... I really only ask here because I still have quite mixed feelings about it.

Are the mixed feelings about feeling ripped off? Or that you still are intrigued to see her? If the first, forget it and move on. If the latter see below.

On 6/2/2019 at 12:39 PM, drakas said:

...... at 745a and again at 830a which I don't hear. I miss the appointment.

It seems clear to me that she was available to see you. If you're over the issue of having paid fully for a missed appointment then recognize that standard practice in your city/province may be for a full fee deposit.... though I still defer to Phaedrus' earlier suggestion.

I have to admit it's pretty hot that she took (stole?) my money like that without any remorse... lol.

On 6/3/2019 at 7:22 AM, clearbluesky15 said:

I'd also recommend avoiding pre-paid SPs (unless you've seen them before), and if you change your mind about an appointment (bad vibe, or not in a good mental space for an appointment), cancel, preferably well in advance.

Um... no. If you decide that you want to bail because you think it's a scam or something, that's one thing - but if you decide to cancel because you're not in the mood, you owe her a cancellation fee.

As for the main point of this thread: if I'm asked to text for location the night before, I'll do that, but I'd expect a response the night before too. The provider sets the schedule for these things, and having done so she has a responsibility to keep to it. If she can't do that... well, some folks might be OK with it, but I wouldn't be.

To be clear I was joking about the money being stolen. That was my silly fantasy: punish the naughty hot thief, etc. She's not a thief, these circumstances are not that.

When I started this thread I was looking to hear exactly what Phaedrus's opinion is. It's most near to what I felt happened to me. With time, a different play date later, and having reflected on the responses. I've concluded by reminding myself that:

a) Any Sp is basically free to do whatever they want, the money is merely a part of starting an opportunity, it's not a contract that something has to happen. In this case I can't know what she may have had to arrange, do or prepay for ahead of the appointment. Providers make this very clear: don't waste their time.

b) I'm stupid for not being glued to my phone or texting or calling her more. If I wanted this as much then as I say I did now I had to have made it happen.

c) I was most upset about having missed the opportunity to see her, that doesn't need to be permanent, life goes on, etc, etc.

Edited by drakas

8 hours ago, Phaedrus said:

If you decide that you want to bail because you think it's a scam or something, that's one thing - but if you decide to cancel because you're not in the mood, you owe her a cancellation fee.

Agreed... intent was to cancel within the agreed timeframe or pay the fee... thought that went without saying.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, clearbluesky15 said:

Agreed... intent was to cancel within the agreed timeframe or pay the fee... thought that went without saying.

I know you know. Just wanted to make it clear, because unfortunately not everyone reading understands this :)