Things that suck, and not in a good way.

My sparkly purple iPhone cover shattered when I dropped my phone on the cement floor of the garage. My phone survived tho!

Finding out that I now have 40% hearing in my recently ruptured ear.

On the plus side though I guess I have an excuse for "not hearing" my wife ask me to do stuff!

Edited by nlwoodchuck

Leaving Florida Thursday to go back to Ottawa!

Nope. sorry. That doesn't suck. Not having gone to Florida (or anywhere warm) AT ALL this winter sucks! Just putting it in perspective for you :p

When your sleep gets all screwed up... and naps become all consuming.

• Like 1

Guest N***he**Ont**y

To Vanessa Vale

So if possible put in an offer to buy it from them! $1300.00 would easily cover a mortgage payment and the taxes!

When you have been renting a house that is owned by family for the last 10 yrs, and they break it down to you that they are selling...next month!!!!

I have been paying less than a $1000 per month to rent a bungalow...now I gotta pay $1300 + every utility you can think of for one of those townhomes that are sandwiched all together.....shiiiiiiiiiiittty!!!

Reminding your room mate,on a daily basis, for two weeks that you are having company over and the house is full of partiers and filthy.

Warming up in a car outside of the club, having a smoke:) and getting arrested and paying fines, it helps with the quitting.

Forgot to get/ bring conditioner.

A boss that tries to get a professional opinion at the very last second on a subject i know little about in a last ditch effort to save his skin, strangely admitting they forgot to ask before...

Looking forward to a nice steak dinner with someone who is feeling under the weather and will probably have to cancel.

Ever have one of those weeks where the tech fubar gremlin is sitting on your shoulder, blowing in your ear and whispering sweet nothings? When this fellow gets horny, I always end up getting fucked.

• Like 2

Lima beans.

"Hey kids, who wants another serving of Lima beans??!!!???"

Silence.

Squabbles and disagreements with my siblings over what is the best care for our Mother. Complicated by asshole brother-in-law.

Porthos

• Like 1

Quite a few of the younger cops today seem to have a very nasty streak and I can make a valid comparison, as in my youth I had a fair amount of unwanted exposure to police.

Today as I was bringing my Dad home from a doctor visit, I was pulled over on I-81 doing 60mph in a 45mph zone by Trooper McDoucheface. Yes, I had cruise control on and guilty as charged, but that's not the basis of my angst.

I guess just having a tired, sick old man in the car isn't reason to expect a reprieve, fair enough. However, in days gone by, it was commonplace if the arrestee had valid license, no violation points, and a polite demeanor, to write the ticket for not more than 5 miles over the limit, thereby reducing the fine. In my case, no traffic violations in 26 years, no arrests of any sort for over 30 years and I am a very polite and loveable crankF.

Officer Attitude approached the vehicle from the passenger side, not standard procedure, but understandable due to location. I handed him my license and my dad (his car), couldn't remember where the he put the reg. card so I hurriedly searched through every nook and cranny. Dad, 92 yrs old, deaf, tired and sick became confused by the cop hovering over his face and talking at me, became a bit agitated. I asked if I could come around to the shoulder,and talk to him, but was told in no uncertain terms to stay put.

By now my papers were in order(Show me your papers Mein Herr!"), Patrolman Shorty really had his back up(Napolean complex?) strutted back to his car and got busy. It doesn't take 20 minutes to check out license validity and violations ,so I assume he was doing a complete FBI/NCIC check to see if I was a heinous character. I'm sorry he felt so threatened by one ancient man and one arthritic middle aged one in their car with handicap license plates.

Another Trooper arrived, they had a little powow, new cop checked me out, and Shorty finally came back and gave me my ticket. I was expecting next maybe a helo flyover, or DHS with one of their new armored cars(yes, they're real). Oh maybe not, they'd be off at a roadblock with dogs, fucking with some kids who lost a joint under the seat. Ah DHS, George W. birthed the bastard and BHO has nurtured it under his wing like an evil stepchild.

Sorry for my rant, I didn't enjoy my day. Oh by the way:

FUCK the NEW WORLD ORDER.

Well, my mother has finally reached the final stages of her long fought battle with cancer. I've been sitting on watch for the inevitable for the past couple of days. Coming to grips with it is harder than I imagined, even though we had a couple of years to prepare ourselves. Things that suck?...... Cancer. And, well mortality in general. Seeing someone you love wither away. To those of you who have lost loved ones to this horrible disease, or are faced with the prospect of doing so, you have my deepest sympathy.

• Like 7

Well, my mother has finally reached the final stages of her long fought battle with cancer. I've been sitting on watch for the inevitable for the past couple of days. Coming to grips with it is harder than I imagined, even though we had a couple of years to prepare ourselves. Things that suck?...... Cancer. And, well mortality in general. Seeing someone you love wither away. To those of you who have lost loved ones to this horrible disease, or are faced with the prospect of doing so, you have my deepest sympathy.

Mikey... I am so sorry to hear this. It's difficult to lose a loved one, and it's compounded by the presence of a holiday where family gathers. My family watched my grandfather and my father pass a few years ago on consecutive thanksgiving weekends.

Both of them faded slowly and it was almost a kindness to see the end approach. It was cathartic; we deeply felt the loss but at the same time we knew that our emotional pain, that enduring weight we carried, was lifted. It's never easy, but assure yourself that with the passing all concerned will find peace and comfort; the mental and physical pain will vanish and the sense of loss you feel will be replaced by the joy of recollection - the good times.

My thoughts are with you my friend.

• Like 2

Having to say goodbye to a dear friend knowing our next visit probably won't be for another year or so:(

Additional Comments:

Just seeing this - my thoughts and prayers are with you and your mom. I went through this with my father so I do know how you are feeling. We all have to get through our grief in our own ways but I do think reaching out to friends and family for support, talks, and what ever you need is what helps and is important. I felt anger, hopelessness and a very deep emptyness which time, friends and family has helped heal. This is one of the hardest things you'll go through but you will get through it. Thinking of you

• Like 2

Well today started off good. Dropped mom at church this morning, then got the vehicle gassed up, a Timmies run and a few minor errands. Back to church, picked up mom, then down to my brothers where he and his wife took us all out for Easter brunch. After we were done brunch, we all were walking out when mom took a bad spill. Went to emergency, she has a sore shoulder, but worse, a broken thumb. Spent over three hours in emergency and six different waiting rooms. She's patched up now, but a plastic surgeon will be seeing her sometime this week to properly splint the thumb. And to boot, end of this week I have to take mom to Kingston for another post op exam on her eye after her cornea transplant. Going to be seeing a lot of waiting rooms this week

RG

My HD PVR is screwed. Which means that EVERYTHING I have recorded is now gone.

WHY did it have to happen on the premier night of the Game of Thrones???

AAAAaaaaaAAAAAAaaaaRRRrrrRRRRRgh.

• Like 1

Using a friend's place for an incall earlier this week and finding that the toilet was clogged up by someone who had just visited and left a not so nice surprise. The friend's plunger was of no use so you go home and get your super plunger that works miracles.

By this point, there are reminents of what we can all only imagine and water everywhere and profusely apologizing to her friend. By this time, Nicki just wants to go apeshit ( no pun intended) on getting this toilet unclogged. She rolls up her jeans and sleeves and goes to work. Plunging, plunging, water everywhere, reminents of a mysterious brown substance ( we all know) and friend goes and gets towels.

With having to be at another friend's house for a get together, she realizes she is on a time limit so she uses brute force on this toilet to the point where toilet is shaking, water everywhere, all over her, the brown substance going all over the towels...floor soaked despite the towels. Of a sudden she hears the sound of music when you know hear that weird odd sound and the sigh of relief when the toilet is unclogged or similar to when you've just popped out a 7 lb watermelon out of your cooch. The job is done.

You look around and now realize you have to clean your friend's bathroom. Bending over in your jeans that are soaked with water and s----t, you go on a cleaning spree with bathroom cleaner with bleach. Muttering curse words, your friend walks by the bathroom saying "Nice plumber's crack" while cleaning the toilet. Yes folks, Nicki does not wear underwear!

Feeling so nasty, she quickly leaves still in shitty jeans with a bag full of towels to wash 3 or 4 times in a row. She gets to her friend's house and makes a beeline for the shower and stays in there till she is clean from head to toe. Nasty towels and clothes all go in the wash..What turned into an hour appt ended in a 3 hour nasty shit fiasco.

Please, please, please... if you have to do a number 2 after an appt, take it somewhere private and clean yourself up or do it in a public restroom. That's all I have to say...lol. I ain't a plumber even though I've got the plumber's crack going on if you bend me over too hard. Hehe! ;)

• Like 3