Things that suck, and not in a good way.

Well, mom made it through Christmas, even tough she spent it in the hospital. (She is battling cancer for the 3rd time in her life). She is no longer able to care for herself. She has been talking about wanting to die. :icon_cry:

I have health and other problems of my own. So I can not be there for my mother. (She is in Kitchener and I am in Ottawa).

I broke a tooth this morning eating a bagel. I have no insurance or money to have it fixed.

What else can possibly go wrong:!: :mad:

My heart goes out to you. I've spent more than a few Christmas' in hospital watching over an ailing parent. My mom passed away several years ago and I feel it most at this time of year.

As for teeth, I've broken two in the past 12 months. They are damned expensive things to get fixed. I often wonder why dental care is not covered under universal healthcare.

Hang in there Jafo, things are bound to pick up in 2014. Till then know that your virtual family here at CERB has your back.

• Like 3

My daughter just told me that her bf broke up with her after 2 yrs...I wish i could be there to give her a big hug....

Bianca, if your daughter takes after you, she won't be alone for long. Get on the phone with her, put on "I will Survive" by Gloria Gaynor and eat cookies and cream Ice Cream till you are both cried out. It's not as good as a hug, but it could be a close second.

• Like 1

Bianca, if your daughter takes after you, she won't be alone for long. Get on the phone with her, put on "I will Survive" by Gloria Gaynor and eat cookies and cream Ice Cream till you are both cried out. It's not as good as a hug, but it could be a close second.

ice cream and skype ... it will be like you are in the same room.

1) Falling down on the ice Hard, need to check my wounds BUT I need to make sure no one saw first.

2)Being told no

3)Vacuum cleaners

4)Stepping in dog poo

5)Waiting , waiting really sucks!

My beloved Terrier passed over on New Years Eve. It was a peaceful passing, and she was really feeling the cold and deep snow, so it was her time. She bravely battled cancer and then more recently end stage heart disease.

A true lover of cats, a matriarch of the house, the best dog you could ever ask for. I will miss her greatly, but she is now running in heaven with her family that passed before her. Heaven has a new angel.

Bless you little one. I love you always! xoxo

• Like 4

My beloved Terrier passed over on New Years Eve. It was a peaceful passing, and she was really feeling the cold and deep snow, so it was her time. She bravely battled cancer and then more recently end stage heart disease.

A true lover of cats, a matriarch of the house, the best dog you could ever ask for. I will miss her greatly, but she is now running in heaven with her family that passed before her. Heaven has a new angel.

Bless you little one. I love you always! xoxo

So very sorry for your loss ... your post moved me tremendously. What a beautiful eulogy for a loving and loved companion.

Porthos

• Like 2

I was just woken up by a phone call from the hospital. My mom has taken a turn for the worst. She is not expected to be with us much longer. Man it suck being so far away. She does not deserve to be alone at a time like this. :icon_cry: :icon_cry: :icon_cry:

________________________________________________________________________________

It is about 02:45 in the morning now. I just got off the phone a little while ago with the hospital. My mother has now passed on. :icon_cry: :icon_cry: :icon_cry:

Edited by jafo105
  • Like 3

Guest c**io**m7
I was just woken up by a phone call from the hospital. My mom has taken a turn for the worst. She is not expected to be with us much longer. Man it suck being so far away. She does not deserve to be alone at a time like this. :icon_cry: :icon_cry: :icon_cry:

________________________________________________________________________________

It is about 02:45 in the morning now. I just got off the phone a little while ago with the hospital. My mother has now passed on. :icon_cry: :icon_cry: :icon_cry:

All my condolences.

Sorry to hear that.. I know what you mean about being far... and not being able to be there for those you love. ..

My sincere condolences

• Like 1

My condolences! Bad start to the New Year! Hope there are some great news coming your way in 2014!

• Like 1

My most sincere condolences.

• Like 1

Guest c**io**m7

Finding a solo golf trip deal in Panama for 22 days leaving January 26, negotiating so that you don't have to pay a singles supplement, giving travel agent a deposit and then your employer claims "operational requirements" therefore having to cancel the whole damn thing.

My thoughts and prayers are with you, I'm so sorry for your loss and for you not being able to be near her. But be assured she felt your presence. Feelings are felt no matter if we are near or far from those we love and her spirit will always be with you.

• Like 2