How Long to Wait for a Reply

So a question for the ladies primarily but gents please share your views too. I am curious how long someone should wait for a reply to an email, PM or voicemail.

I am an extremely patient and I think an understanding guy but, it does get frustrating when you attempt to make contact with a lady and get NO reply. I usually watch if someone says they are away or taking some time off. However, I've even experienced ladies who are touring and say they are going to be in a particular city during a certain time period. I've sent emails and got zero response.

Should you send a 2nd email? Try and phone contact? How many attempts before moving on? It is difficult because some cities don't offer the same quantity and quality of ladies so IMHO finding an alternate can be difficult.

Ideally, I encourage those ladies who are actively working to please stay on top of your business and at least provide us a response.

Cub

Hi winnycub,

i can understand a gentlemans expecting a reply in a timely manner. there are variables for us traveling ladys. Plane flights,busses, can mean you can be away from your comp for periods of time. I myself are driving this year across canada so I can be away from e-mails ans such for hours at a time,till i get to a coffee shop with wi-fi or to my next destination.

im sure the ladys appreciate your patience though.

Just a thought and have a great rest of the long wknd!!!

Myself, normally I email. Generally speaking, I would give it a week. If no reply I would follow with a second (courteous and respectful btw) email. If no reply, a text message. If after that, no reply, I would move on.

RG

Guest C*****tte

I am normally punctual with emails (within 24 hours), but since I went back to school I have had some delays as I often can only briefly check my computer. ALso I am delayed if your email ended up in my spam folder. Usually that is the case when someone has worded the subject line in a spam way unintentionally and it gets lost. I only find it later as I go through the hundred or so spam emails I receive daily.

If you haven't heard from me and I am in Montreal then a follow up email a few days later is appreciated. Unless your email was rude or so short and didn't even remotely include what I request for an initial email (i.e. free tonight babe?) then I will reply even if it is to politely decline.

Hi winnycub,

i can understand a gentlemans expecting a reply in a timely manner. there are variables for us traveling ladys. Plane flights,busses, can mean you can be away from your comp for periods of time. I myself are driving this year across canada so I can be away from e-mails ans such for hours at a time,till i get to a coffee shop with wi-fi or to my next destination.

im sure the ladys appreciate your patience though.

Just a thought and have a great rest of the long wknd!!!

I would suggest, if you are away from your laptop for a while to:

- Have your email autoreply on informing your gentlemen that you are on the road and will get back to them as soon as possible. Also give them a timeframe as to when you think you will be able to get back to them.

They will appreciate the gesture and be much more patient and accepting.

- A detailed voicemail also works wonders with the gentlemen!

- You can also state in your ads that you will be on the road and because of this you prefer to receive emails (they will get the autoreply) or phone calls (voicemails) and do not accept requests via PMs for xxx amount of time.

Have fun touring all across Canada!

• Like 2

For me it depends on when I am planning or should I say hoping to meet with someone. I usually try to arrange my dates with as much notice as possible therefore allowing the lady time to receive and respond to my inquiry. This also allows for me to let sometime pass before I send a second message...just in case she didn't receive the first, etc. I have never sent a third message as I generally stop at two. I figure once to inquire and a second "just in case" is pleanty. If time passes after my second message I carry on.

I think in all fairness I would expect some sort of response within 48 hours.

In this fast moving world it's easy enough to forward your email to a smart phone and at least send an acknowledgement of receipt. Send out a automatic vacation stop if you're not available.

I usually reply right away. i have my cerb pm's go right to my email, and my email go straight to my bberry, it may take a few minutes, but i answer all of them. The only time i dont answer them right away is if im busy, or if its late, and im already sleeping, but ill answer them when i wake up

As a seasoned business person, accepting more than a 24 hour response time does not portray your business in the best possible light in my humble view.

Musings from a business guy with a few grey hairs,

G11

Guest t**d**teur

I do agree with you G11, that answering more than 24 hours after the email does project an amateurish glow, IMHO.

12-24 hours is my general rule. As a hobbiest if I had to wait longer I might feel a lady is disorganized or uncaring towards her clients if he has to wait longer. If someone is interested and wants information it would seem rude to keep him wondering for two or three days.

• Like 1

The only reason I give a week before a follow up email, and if no response to that then a text is because sometime computers (or email accounts, sometimes they go down too) can be nasty SOB's crashing at the wrong (well there never is a right) time

I figure two emails within two weeks followed by a text is reasonable, and takes into account the sh*t happens factor

RG

• Like 1

I have an auto reply on my email and if you email between 7am & 3pm you will get a reply within a couple hours of your initial email. Anything received after that time will be replied to within 24hrs. if you pm me you will be directed to email as that is my preferred communication.

I personally think that unless you are away or taking time off 24hrs is more than enough time to respond.

• Like 3

Yes winnipegcub, an interresting question; and one with no right answer. I'll tell you what recently happened to me. I made e mail contact with one of the ladies here.We have met more that once and I felt that we had a solid relationship. After a couple of text messages I proposed an appointment for one of her tour dates, and waited 3 days for her reply. In the meantime I was contacted by another lady that I've seen a few times, saying that we should get together again some time. It just so happens that the ladies are quite similar. Close to the same body build , offer the same services etc, etc. I texted the second lady back saying that I enjoyed her company and indeed we should get back together again but that I didn't have an oppertunity coming up soon.

After 3 days the first lady responded and we vertually set up an appointment. I just had a couple of things to do. The next day I texted her a message asking a couple of points about her service, and I waited. In the mean time the second lady and I continued communication by text. So after 2 days I asked her the same question. She responded positively and almost immediately.

Three days later lady #1 replyed. Her reply was more or less negative, 'not now, but maybe sometime'

That was 5 days after I asked the question. By then I thought she wasn't interrested so booked an appointment with lady #2.

I was honest, I told lady # 1 that when she didn't respond after 3 days I booked with another lady. So much for honesty. She is now totally pissed with me. So much so that she decided to " unfriend me on this board"

So here is your answer; however long you wait , it will not be long enough for some women..... it is such a shame that that build-up of testosterone makes us such impatient people.lol...... chicas/chavez

If you are nice and not rude, you should get a response fairly quickly. I am pretty new to this but so far I am 3 for 3 with quick responses. I give a witty intro and the ladies trust me. The ladies are filtering for their safety so if they do not get a warm feeling about your email, they move on.

I am sure that there are cases where the ladies are just not professional in running their business.

24-48 hours seems like a reasonable timeline to me. Part-timers might not repond as quickly.

Either way I'm one and done...if a polite inquiry is ignored I do not initiate another contact knowingly (some names do change).

If I'm polite and considerate I think it's only fair to expect the same.

Peace

MG

I apply the same rules here that I do in all my other electronic dealings.

For someone new, 24 to 48 hour max. For someone I have met already and have come to know some, perhaps a bit more than that but not much.

I am a very patient guy and I keep very odd hours but if I do not get back to a client or potential client in that time fram I can reasonably expect to hear about it from the talking heads in the clouds.

I suspect most guys here work in a similar window of opportunity and once more, most of the ladies here do to.

PIO

24 to 48 hours max. The prompter, the better.

To elaborate on what I was saying:

For texting or telephone messages, within a few hours and I only return calls if the caller has given permission to do so. If for some reason I am not around or can't return the call that day, I will not call someone back the next day if they say "call before 5 today" because I have no idea whether it would be appropriate.

For e-mails within 12 hours is reasonable. 24-48 hours if not around, but an auto-reply should be used to let the person know you may not be getting back right away

I answer all messages within 24hrs. But since I require 24hrs notice for all appointments it does seem to be a big deal. If I am around when a message is sent I answer it right away.

Touring ladies I give that 24-48 hours time line, locals would be 12 hours, and the norm is, I do get a response in that timely fashion with ladies either touring or in town. But I do try and set up things well in advanced so both parties have the date and time set. Lately I can call/text a few locals and get a response within minutes, which is also a good thing when you are in the mood or in their area of town:)

Sincere requests I will generally respond to within 12-24 hours. During the school year, however, it takes me longer to get back to people, usually 24-48 hours.

Things like "hi, baby, what's up?" I will not respond to.

I was going to say something about texting, but I think that could be an entire thread, so I'll just make a new thread.

Thanks all for the great feedback. It is clear the ladies of CERB are just true professionals. Unfortunately not all cities are blessed with the same calibre. If wondering, in my case I emailed twice (3 days apart) then 3 days later left a voice message. I think all communications on my part was respectful. But never did get a response yet she's advertising on EC as touring in the city I was visiting. She will never have an opportunity for my business again. Oh and I did meet up with someone very nice and had a great time.

Posted via Mobile Device

I may not be within the norm but, I answer all PM's, emails and texts within 30-60mins between 8am and 8pm...after that, depends on if I had the chance to get online. This is my model as i prefer this type of contact over a telephone call (unless a first encouter) I am not always in a position to answer the phone but I can always check my email, PM's and texts discretely on my phone and do so frequently.