Ottawa Fall Mixed Social - Mark Your Calendars for Sept. 29th!

Folks, how "discrete" are these? I know the location is kept confidential, but can you give me a feel for the surroundings? Sounds like great fun otherwise.

It might be possible to schedule a trip to Ottawa to correspond, but I'd have to get really comfortable with this.

Folks, how "discrete" are these? I know the location is kept confidential, but can you give me a feel for the surroundings? Sounds like great fun otherwise.

It might be possible to schedule a trip to Ottawa to correspond, but I'd have to get really comfortable with this.

I sent you a PM. Our last social was very discrete and this one will be as well. We do not allow non cerb members to attend and we choose different venues where other bar patrons are not allowed access to our parties. Last time we also had our own waitstaff and private washrooms. Solicitation by the ladies is prohibited and carefully monitered. We do not allow this! If someone catches your fancy, we ask that you make arrangements with them discretely and professionally.

If you are from out of town, the chances of you running into someone you know are next to none. It has happened to me on one ocassion and nothing was said. I pretended I did not know them as it does not surprise me that many guys hobby in this day and age. Discretion is paramount in these cases and would never out someone.

For those who do reside in Ottawa and are worried about this, the average attendance for these types of events are between 40-50 people half of them being females and the other males. The chances of knowing someone are rare and really what is going to happen? They know your secret and you know theirs. I respect the decision of those not wanting to attend but it is closed to the public so this won't be an issue at all for those who were concerned about this.

No silly nametags will be used either. This way it is more discrete and also an icebreaker by getting to socialize with other Cerb members. I'm looking forward to seeing some new and familiar faces at the next event! :)

Many thanks for all the information. Sounds like a lot of fun ... I'll take a close look!

I sent you a PM. Our last social was very discrete and this one will be as well. We do not allow non cerb members to attend and we choose different venues where other bar patrons are not allowed access to our parties. Last time we also had our own waitstaff and private washrooms. Solicitation by the ladies is prohibited and carefully monitered. We do not allow this! If someone catches your fancy, we ask that you make arrangements with them discretely and professionally.

If you are from out of town, the chances of you running into someone you know are next to none. It has happened to me on one ocassion and nothing was said. I pretended I did not know them as it does not surprise me that many guys hobby in this day and age. Discretion is paramount in these cases and would never out someone.

For those who do reside in Ottawa and are worried about this, the average attendance for these types of events are between 40-50 people half of them being females and the other males. The chances of knowing someone are rare and really what is going to happen? They know your secret and you know theirs. I respect the decision of those not wanting to attend but it is closed to the public so this won't be an issue at all for those who were concerned about this.

No silly nametags will be used either. This way it is more discrete and also an icebreaker by getting to socialize with other Cerb members. I'm looking forward to seeing some new and familiar faces at the next event! :)

We thought it might raise eyebrows with wait staff. For example "Old Dog" (sorry, I had to use you as an example) goes up to the waitress to order a drink and she notices his name tag. Okay, then....

Yes, Nicki is right. We keep it discrete. Just a meet and greet of ladies and gents. Good food, drink, music and conversation!

Hope to see you there.

so , its like a club , but " invite " only , granted i am taking liberties with the word invited .

Yes, it is a private invitation for registered for Cerb members only. No outsiders allowed. No one outside of Cerb will have access to this party and no one can just walk in as someone will be there to check invited guests in and make sure they are on the list. It's very discrete and private. Everyone will be required to pay for their ticket beforehand in person through Angela or by email transfer. No one will know the location until they have paid for a ticket.

Guest **cely***r***ne

Yes! I cant wait! I am going to try my very hardest to be there :D

Oh I forgot to mention that the ladies admission is free. Tickets for the gents are $30. Like the last time, there will be some very good doors prizes for ladies and gents.

We need to find a way to post a 'countdown clock'....this is like X-MAS in September!!

So I'm guessing this is a decent way to adjust to this sort of community... :-) I'm new to CERB (only my 2nd day on the site) and new to the world of SP's (which is why I joined CERB).

I run a 1/2 marathon the week before, might be a good present to reward myself with :-)

I am thinking Karaoke!

Is that possible/realistic/appealing in the space we have?

xoxo

Sky

bwahahaha you want to hear me massacre songs again right?

Karaoke could be fun:)

I am thinking Karaoke!

Is that possible/realistic/appealing in the space we have?

xoxo

Sky

Sorry, no karaoke. But it's something to consider for another event, though.

Please count me in :rolleyes: I am also new to CERB and SP - And love it already :boobeyes: I think I am getting addicted....

I'm going to try my best to attend the social. I'm so excited about meeting everyone and visiting Ottawa again. It's been too many years.

• Like 1

I want to go, but I don't think I'll be able too :(

I have to do my paper route that morning, and then I probably will have homework since school will be starting since it is September.

I'll maybe be able to go to the social in March, if you guys have one during March Break!

You have to go! We will make you if we have to!

I want to go, but I don't think I'll be able too :(

I have to do my paper route that morning, and then I probably will have homework since school will be starting since it is September.

I'll maybe be able to go to the social in March, if you guys have one during March Break!

I'm very much so looking forward to this event, I officially gave my "yes I'm coming" msg this evening.

Thanks for all the hard work that goes into planning it

I'm going to try my best to attend the social. I'm so excited about meeting everyone and visiting Ottawa again. It's been too many years.

A good excuse to combine a long anticipated visit from you to tour here as well. Anyone else agree, we should encourage Lexy to visit?

Remember, ticket sales for the gents and agency owners are not on sale until sometime during the middle to end of August. If you want to be put on the guest list, to be notified then, please pm Nicolette Vaughn.

Ladies, this event is free for you to attend and I will reminding everyone as we get closer to the date, but feel free to pm me if you plan to come the numbers will be limited to a maxium of 60 people (hopefully 30 gents and 30 ladies to make it even).

Ladies, this event is free for you to attend and I will reminding everyone as we get closer to the date, but feel free to pm me if you plan to come the numbers will be limited to a maxium of 60 people (hopefully 30 gents and 30 ladies to make it even).

sooooooo.... it won't be me and 59 ladies?

A good excuse to combine a long anticipated visit from you to tour here as well. Anyone else agree, we should encourage Lexy to visit?

Remember, ticket sales for the gents and agency owners are not on sale until sometime during the middle to end of August. If you want to be put on the guest list, to be notified then, please pm Nicolette Vaughn.

Thank you so much Angela!! My name is on the list and it is looking really good that I will be able to visit and attend!!:icon_biggrin:

Big Hugs,

Lexy