highlights of the day

A long preamble to a highlight.

I got home last Sunday from a wonderful trip away. Great driving weather both ways, lovely visits with family, reconnecting with some old and new friends, and a very important life lesson began to take shape in my mind.

I was home for one day before receiving word of yet another death in my family, so I am back home again tonight after having been out of province yet again. I was sitting here just feeling blue and down when a good friend gave me the following simple reminder.

We can be thankful, at least in my case, that I have a home, I have heat and food, I have family and friends, and I am alive and well.

Thanks for that important reminder that puts things in perspective, and this is my highlight of the day.

• Like 1

No more rep points to give out tonight. That's what I get for being away for awhile. ): Good to see you here, bud, and having you here is a highlight for a bunch of us.

Guest K***e D****ls

Today is my Me-Day. Every week I try to set aside one day strictly for me. Today I'm going to mail my Christmas cards (and hope they arrive on time), do a little shopping for me, and watch Christmas movies later on tonight, all cozy in my home. :)

Back to my natural hair colour and a stupendous sexual romp!

I didn't know a stupendous sexual romp can change hair color ? Ya learn something new every day ! ;)

Anywhooooo......Yay for sex and Yay for blonde hair cause I am working on a blonde joke right now for ya Meg ;)

I didn't know a stupendous sexual romp can change hair color ? Ya learn something new every day ! ;)

Anywhooooo......Yay for sex and Yay for blonde hair cause I am working on a blonde joke right now for ya Meg ;)

I am more dirty blonde slash reddish now...too many blonde moments made me decide to change back lol

Being amazed at how your perspective changes with age:

A couple hours ago, I was in Byward Market, St-George St. My husband and I were there to get a young local man and his truck home safe after a night of clubbing. It was around closing time, so there were people and cops everywhere.

I couldn't help but notice that everywhere I looked were young women wearing very little on their lower bodies. Nothing but bare skin from the ankles to the asscheeks!! Brrr!!!!

On the other side of the coin, I noticed not a single young man wearing shorts.

Hmmmm....

• Like 1

I woke up this morning and needed to run some errands. I was dreading it... I looked outside and saw the rain and knew beyond a shadow of a doubt that my car would be frozen solid. I listened to the CBC news podcast, The Current, and then finally ventured into the kitchen to make myself some tea.

Upon entering the kitchen I was shocked, I looked outside to see my car completely cleaned of all ice, snow, and rain! My next door neighbour is such a sweetheart! He did this once last winter too. What a wonderful gesture! I baked banana bread for him and just knocked on his door a few moments ago. He said "Oh Nathalie, don't even worry about it!" but still, it was just so nice of him.

Definitely the highlight of my day!

• Like 4

Someone who doesn't know me well confused me with my friend's daughter and I for being sisters when we were shopping in the mall. Nice to know someone thinks I still look like I'm in my 20's. Great compliment.lol.

Edited by Nicolette Vaughn
typos

I spent a good part of the day today touching base with friends both inside and outside of Cerb, using email, PM's and the telephone.

I am absolutely delighted this evening to see Samantha Evans back with us and for many of us I am sure that it is like an early Christmas present. We missed you.

• Like 1

Today my day really perked up

Received a Christmas card from a very special lady.

What a pleasant surprise, just brightened my day

She knows who she is, here is a BIG THANK YOU

RG

Received a very thoughtful, and very sexy, gift today from a gentleman I haven't even yet had the pleasure to meet! Brought a huge smile to my day :D

Merry early Christmas to me....

Today, I was able to meet and spend an amazing time with the amazing and wonderful Evelyne Lemay.

Best Christmas ever :icon_biggrin:

I`ve got a real 7 foot Christmas tree in my house and it smells great! Now I just have to decorate it because I`ve been busy with work. I`m officially in the Christmas spirit! :)

• Like 1

Guest N***he**Ont**y

I am the proud owner of a six inch tree keeping up my tradition of putting it up along with one door knocker as I am not home for Christmas.

I dragged the tree off the top of my SUV 2 days ago when it was snowing and slushing and literally had water seeping all over my hardwood floor after I brought it in. It took about 10 towels to mop it all quickly. Daily water and a can of gingerale will keep this tree going for a while. I'll post pic when I'm done decorating. lol.

Guest K***e D****ls

Cozy blanket, a new highly recommended book, hot chocolate and a furbaby will take up my afternoon before tonight's rendezvous. :)