highlights of the day

Actually yesterday's highlight, but became today's. Got a very nice PM late yesterday night after i logged off, so i only got to read it today.

It really really lifted my spirits to read it. To the sender of the PM, you know who you are :-)

• Like 1

An unexpected message from a friend I haven't heard from in ages, with the definite prospect of seeing her again. Very exciting!

Just got back from booking my winter holiday! Yippee! Haven't gone away in quite some time.

I am sooo excited! Does this mean that you are taking me to a secret destination? Surprises are always so much fun!

Additional Comments:

My highlight today was getting leaves mulched outside and a good chunk of my Christmas lights up outside, and I did not even freeze my fingers off! December the first they go on!

My highlight today was getting leaves mulched outside and a good chunk of my Christmas lights up outside, and I did not even freeze my fingers off! December the first they go on!

I see I'm not the only one getting an early start... I bought my sexy santa outfit today!

• Like 2

Being supported through a difficult isssue by my lovely lady friends on this board. Thank you one and all that responded and especially for my special PM's.

Its really appreciated and I love you all!

Katherine

xoxo

• Like 2

I was downtown this morning stopped at a red light.

I have a banana for breakfast every morning and eat it on the way to work in the car.

I always peel the skin flat and lay the inside facing up, on the center console break the banana into pieces and lay it on the skin, so I can eat it while I drive.

I got it all done before the red light changed so a grabbed the first piece and put it in my mouth. At the same time I turned my head to see a LE sitting in the next lane over at the same red light.

The officer had a very stern look on his face and his window start rolling down.

All of a sudden he bursts out laughing and same window starts rolling back up.

After couple of seconds, I smile back.

Once I figured out he thought I was looking down at my console to long , thinking I was texting until he saw me pop the banana in my mouth.

This was funny and way better than a ticket, it made my morning.

• Like 1

1) Not sure if its a highlight or something that sucks but I finally found the source of an offending odor in my house. I had a ton of family over for thanksgiving, including some young nieces. I shall assume that one of them decided she didn't want her piece of apple pie and hid it in the basement. My basement is huge and unfinished so we banished them down to play hockey. Yes, we allowed them to bring their deserts with them. Forgot what young kids were like!

2) got hit on at the LCBO :)

Getting a much need and very appreciated massage by a special person. Thank you, so much.

• Like 2

It's been a great week of warm weather and I continue getting my outside Christmas lights up at a time when I don't even have to wear gloves, and no frozen fingers for sure.

The only little hitch is that when I put up my new section this year I decided that the nice blue rope lights clashed with the red ones. So down came the red, off to get new blue ones, got them all up and last night when I tested them to see if I had it right, both of the new sets had outages right smack in the middle of the strands. So down they will come today to be returned, and the new ones will probably finish this outside labor of love for me. :)

December 1st is my outside lights startup evening.

• Like 1

I think this is a highlight. today is day 2 of being flu-free. last week was a complete right off (that part really sucked).

Porthos

After several weeks of very bad visits with my Mother, today we had an absolutely wonderful visit. She was lucid, knew who I was, and was able to carry on a conversation ... until she got tired and fell asleep. But still, I left the nursing home on top of the world, rather than feeling totally depressed.

I know she'll have good days and bad days. But there've been a lot of bad days lately. So hitting on a good day was simply wonderful.

Porthos

• Like 4

Been at work for 15 hours now.... not uncommon and blah blah....My highlight is !!!!! reading all of your highlights folks !! Always makes me smile :)

• Like 1

Hearing an unexpected knock at my door while I'm cooking dinner. And it's the hot single mom from downstairs. The one who always gives me "that" smile when we cross paths even though we've never shared words. She is with her kids and they are selling cookies. She looks surprised when I answer the door. I notice she's acting a little nervous and tripping over her words a little. "Is she actually flustered?" I ask myself. Surely not! But as the conversation continues it becomes apparent. She IS flustered! And blushing! Because of ME!

I must admit I am now walking with a certain spring in my step which was not there before. I still got "it"!! :D

• Like 3

Was down last month at bill time and somehow, blond moments erupted and I double paid a few of them. Hydro and gas came in today with credits showing. Woohoo!

Guest N***he**Ont**y

Went for an RMT session with my favorite RMT Katherine! Such magic hands! Got all the kinks out of me and I feel like a new person tonight!