highlights of the day

Had a wonderful play date with my favourite pretty kitty, Cleo Catra. After we were finished playing, Cleo introduced me to a 10 year old rescue pug named Ziggy. Ziggy was as terrific as all pugs are. The combination of the quality time spent with Cleo and the cutest rescue pug surprise at the end make this my highlight of the day.

Well after dealing with the Passport Canada bureaucrat from hell who said I wasn't a Canadian citizen and tried to get rid of me, and that was on Dec 31st...I now just today received my passport.

Only thing, I was hoping to bump up my visit to see dad next week, but he goes to the Moffitt Centre (specializes in cancer treatment) in Tampa Florida on Monday so he asked if my original travel plans could be kept

On an upnote, he seems positive again, and maybe this centre can treat him...keeping my fingers crossed and praying

But all things considered, this seems like a highlight

RG

• Like 4

Tonight I brought my dad home from an extended hospital stay due to pneumonia. He is already suffering congestive heart failure, emphysema, hypertension, decreased kidney function, and an additional list as long as your arm. Also, he has 15 years on his quadruple bypass, so that's past it's life span and he's too old for another of those.

For the first time, he has a walker. I can't get used to seeing him struggle with that thing, but somehow he's in good spirits. I know he's tired, but not ready to let the Grim Reaper win yet. He dreads having to be on oxygen, if that happens it might finally make him give up. Tough old bastard.

Edited by crankF
cause i feel like it
  • Like 1

Yesterday was a pretty darn good day.

Plans fell into place and I have a couple very exciting meetings set up for this winter / early spring.

I took the plunge yesterday and booked a little trip to a 4 day intensive training seminar in March to finalize and gain my designation in the professional field my new side business is in....and hopefully my new full time career down the road. A business / pleasure trip perhaps ?? ;)

A gorgeous and sexy lady sent me an awesome pic yesterday that reallllly made my day :)

Okey dokey that's about it.... over and out.....

Decided after a few months of uncertainty, and just having got my passport (that hanging over my head at this time was enough) well I took a me day. Took the day off, drove to Toronto, and went to Bass Pro Shops. Was even good, first thing I did was a mall walk, and Vaughn Mills is a large mall so I got the longest walk in today since starting walking

All I bought was an Under Armour hoodie (warm, great to wear for ice fishing)

But it was a nice break after a bunch of stuff weighing on my shoulders.

Week from Monday, visit dad

RG

• Like 2

We have an absolutely fantastic standard poodle on a foster agreement with a fantastic breeder. She's been with us since she was a puppy. We've agreed that she may have two litters of puppies and then the breeder will have her spayed and she'll spend the rest of her life as a pet with us. She went into heat on Dec. 30 and went to the breeder the next day. She and the male dog have become great friends, apparently, and mated for the first time last night. They'll have another encounter or two and then she'll come home on Monday. She goes back to the breeder to have the pups and stays there until they're about 6 weeks old, and then she comes home until next time, in another year or so.

The breeder is very impressed with our dog, how well-socialized and easy-going she is. She asked me if we'd be interested in having one of the puppies if she decides to keep one for her breeding program later on.

Well, gosh.... who doesn't love puppies?

So, it looks like our girl will have her pups in the 2nd week of March and that we'll have a new puppy in our house in early-to-mid May.

I need to learn how to do the grooming myself... two shaggy poodles!

• Like 1

Today I spent some time with SweetShay, who has not been in Ottawa for almost 5 months. She is my favorite SP. She is as beautiful and sexy as ever. nice tan and healthy, spent a portion of our time catching up on life. Made my week to see her again. Was not expecting too see her for a while as she does not normally come to ottawa in the winter. Was lucky to get a spot to see her, as she usually books fast :)

I finally got my Xmas tree down today. It went up late ( a couple of days before Xmas) and down late. I dragged it outside and cleaned up the massive amount of pine needles that were left lying around. Until next year...

My renovation project is well underway and all of the ripping and tearing is done. The ripping and tearing are my favorite parts. :)

So, that's done, I am all cleaned up, and ready to sit back with a beer and a steak to watch NFL playoffs. Life is good!

Just a beautiful day today. My jacket was too heavy to wear, it was so warm out

Did a walk to the grocery store going the long way, enjoying what felt like a spring day

RG

Guest N***he**Ont**y

It was a rather spring like day in North Eastern Ontario today.Did some running around and fine tuned one of my Sat Dishes getting ready for SuperBowl. Enjoyed the sun this afternoon and cleared away some ice from both entrances to the house. Now I am ready for the rest of winter until its time for my trip to Cuba.

Guest K***e D****ls

A clean home, fresh laundry, full cupboards and a Sunday with no immediate plans = bliss

Perfect checkup at the dentist, no cavities. She gave me a toothbrush and pencil for being good. lol

My twelve year old just asked if he could please go shovel my neighbors driveway. (an older lady and her daughter live there). Some days I'm just so proud to be a dad.

• Like 1

My project to renovate a bedroom is now well on the way.

As is always the case with a 100 year+ old farmhouse it involved more than anticipated but as of this moment all of my ripping out and tearing out is complete and cleaned up, so the focus will be on putting it back together again. :)

Wish I could pay myself the going hourly wage!!!!! Go me. LOL

Today I am packing up my summer cloths for my Vacay to Cuba:) Ahhh cant wait' date=' toes in hot sand, drink in hand, the Cuban hospitality is the best![/quote']

Well let me re-phrase your plan Sophia

Cold drink in hand, hot toes in sand, hot sun on hot glistening bod, thong between hot bum cheeks, shades on and eye's on hot man Lee (I am a beach bartender part-time in Cuba) Then Lee gets you drunk (oops) and my hot hospitality hands are all over your hot glistening now naked bod ;) Sound like a plan ??? I apparently like the word hot !!

Haha Have an awesome time !!!! New photos in couple weeks I anticipate :)