highlights of the day

This afternoon I had the chance to be with a woman who has been very special to me for over three years now - someone I hadn't seen that way for a long, long time. It felt very good! To be together - to enjoy warm physical contact and to talk and laugh, like we always seem to do. It made a cold day in Ottawa very, very warm ;)

bellafan

• Like 2

Guest st*****ens**ors

A hug from munchkins 1 and 2 when they got home from school. Made my day.

My apologies in advance. My post is long and a bit heavy, but a highlight for me today, nevertheless.

I finally understand how important it was for me to spend a couple of weeks with my grandfather in Laura, Saskatchewan over fifty years ago. My grandmother had to go somewhere. My grandfather had suffered a stroke and needed someone to stay with him, just in case. We were living in Saskatoon, not far away. It was summer - a beautiful warm, dry Saskatchewan summer. I was twelve or thirteen, I think.

I was the one who would be with my grandfather.

I didn't understand then how important my presence could be.

My grandfather had four children, including my mother, the eldest, and one son, Joseph (Joe), the youngest.

Joe was very talented but quite wild around the edges - spoiled rotten, drank too much, chased skirts and ended up in the St. Lawrence River in his early thirties, with a wife and many children in St. John's, NL.

I resembled Joe a lot. I would guess that my being with my grandfather comforted him greatly. We very much enjoyed being together. We exchanged very few words, but lots of connection. We would go for walks and collect beer bottles and mushrooms, which he would cook in butter. Yummy! In the afternoon he would smoke his pipe in his den, and take a nap. Beautiful, peaceful times!

A lovely man, of few words, who lies buried now in Laura, with his wife, not far from where my mother and my father also rest in peace.

Only tonight did I realize fully how good that time was for me, and probably for him :)

bellafan

• Like 8

My apologies in advance. My post is long and a bit heavy, but a highlight for me today, nevertheless.

I finally understand how important it was for me to spend a couple of weeks with my grandfather in Laura, Saskatchewan over fifty years ago. My grandmother had to go somewhere. My grandfather had suffered a stroke and needed someone to stay with him, just in case. We were living in Saskatoon, not far away. It was summer, a beautiful warm, dry Saskatchewan summer. I was twelve or thirteen, I think.

I was the one who would be with my grandfather.

I didn't understand then how important my presence could be.

My grandfather had four children, including my mother, the eldest, and one son, Joseph (Joe), the youngest.

Joe was very talented but quite wild around the edges - spoiled rotten, drank too much, chased skirts and ended up in the St. Lawrence River in his early thirties, with a wife and many children in St. John's, NL.

I resembled Joe a lot. I would guess that my being with my grandfather comforted him greatly. We very much enjoyed being together. We exchanged very few words, but lots of connection. We would go for walks and collect beer bottles and mushrooms, which he would cook in butter. Yummy! In the afternoon he would smoke his pipe in his den, and take a nap. Beautiful, peaceful times!

A lovely man, of few words, who lies buried now in Laura, with his wife, along with my mother and my father.

Only tonight did I realize fully how good that time was for me, and probably for him :)

bellafan

Good for you!

It is good to honor those who have gone before us by keeping them in your mind and heart. Even if you only remember now and then, they like it, I'm sure. :)

• Like 2

Finding out the adjective Frisky goes really well with Friday

when I had the privilege of a visit with Carley, a great way to

begin a weekend :)

Guest n*gu**6

Having a lovely lunch with an even lovelier lady. I just love the feeling I get when I see her smile. I could spend all day with her I think and I would still miss her the very second she left. :)

Can it be highlight of the month? Hehe

Finding someone you feel you have a connection to that can mske you smile and feel loved

• Like 1

Guest n*gu**6

Sometimes something as simple as a genuine and caring hug from someone who cares can turn around your day. That was mine.

Guest st*****ens**ors

Grocery shopping when I was Really hungry!

#iboughtallthewrongthingsandspenttoomuch

Guest n*gu**6

Had just an awesome day which I really needed. I couldnt be happier right now.

When you get all bundled up to go clean the driveway etc and you discovered 2 gentlemen shoveling it for you .. and ten you remember you pay a premuim to the executive suites for snow removal lol

• Like 1

My heart's starting to pound a little harder, beginning to get butterflies in my stomach and my knees getting a little weak...and it's going to intensify for the upcoming week because next week (a week from Saturday) I have a date with a Goddess

RG

Guest st*****ens**ors

Trimming this year's Christmas Tree with the munchkins and friends, fuelled with hot chocolate and cookies. A lovely evening!