highlights of the day

Guest n*gu**6

Laying here with my boy reading him a story after a long day working my but off. Needed some snuggles. And to have him fall asleep with his head on my shoulder.

Guest st*****ens**ors

Today was beautiful. A high, clear blue sky with cirrus clouds racing past, warm enough to make a coat optional...

I woke, worked out, drove in a swirl of music (thank you Christmas for new bands!) did meaningful work and drove home again.

There are stars at the window and a fire in the hearth. It's been the best day I've had in some time.

Guest n*gu**6

I have decided to grow a beard the other week and it's just starting fill in somewhat. Still a big scraggly. But when I got gas today the little one at the counter (maybe 22-23ish) who waits on me regularly mentioned the beard and said I looked sexy. Kinda put a skip in my step.

It's always a highlight when you see a new Ad from MsManda with a heading that includes the words New Pics.

Guest n*gu**6

Finding out my new business cards shipped. The ones that say "company President " WOOHOO

I am painting painting painting in the house and its going well. So far so good.

Being that it is winter I have been watching some TV that I recorded on my PVR in the fall. This next part I almost put in the Things That Suck thread but on reconsideration this is where it should go, That TV that I am watching includes commercials. and I see Stephen Harper's smug face spouting his hatred. The highlight is that I can fast forward right past that sucker. :)

• Like 1

Guest st*****ens**ors

Having the littles safely home on a stormy night, and playing a hilarious game with Doritos Roulette chips.

I like the hot ones. They do not ;)

Guest n*gu**6

Does the fact that it's almost over count as a highlight?

Snuggles with my boy then will be my highlight.

Receiving the best email ever from someone who is even more Special on

the inside then she looks on the outside which is pretty nice.

On a total roll in the social groups. I found awesome pics on the web and posted them in AW, redheads, spinners....Beautiful pics!

My house painting is coming along really well. I'm even putting things back together again.

I'm doing planning for an extended road trip that includes Halifax, NB and Ontario. Now to get weather to cooperate.

• Like 4

Guest st*****ens**ors

Photographing the strange blue half light of a January pre-dawn. Getting up early has an occasional perk!