!00% agree! To copy and paste ads is very disrespectful and shows no integrity from the provider! Our ads are to show people our creative, seductive selves. Of course we will use some of the same words...as there are only so many that is common, but to use it in your own unique ad design is much more fun anyways:)

Edited by Studio 110 by Sophia
spell check

Guest f***2f***

I do agree somewhat but I'll play the devil's advocate perhaps a little. There are ladies who want to advertise in English or French and perhaps their first language is neither of these and they don't have anyone to translate for them. They may feel that the hobbyist won't call or understand the ad if it is not written properly.

I think plagiarism is wrong but perhaps that is what's happening for some ladies.

There are ladies who want to advertise in English or French and perhaps their first language is neither of these and they don't have anyone to translate for them. They may feel that the hobbyist won't call or understand the ad if it is not written properly.

I think plagiarism is wrong but perhaps that is what's happening for some ladies.

If they don't understand the language and don't have anyone to translate for them how would they even know what they are posting?

I do agree somewhat but I'll play the devil's advocate perhaps a little. There are ladies who want to advertise in English or French and perhaps their first language is neither of these and they don't have anyone to translate for them. They may feel that the hobbyist won't call or understand the ad if it is not written properly.

I agree with F2F, it is likely a language issue when this happens.

Imitation is the greatest form of flattery!

In cases like this, I would prefer not to be flattered :)

I personaly know some ladies who have had there text stolen flattery was not the words they were using lol

Guest K***e D****ls

I agree with megforfun: I would rather not be flattered.

I frequently find out that my website (especially my intro and FAQs) were literally copied and pasted on other girls sites. I find it more violating than someone stealing my pictures because you're stealing a part of ME. That's my personality and words. I was creative enough to come up with my own text on my site that depicts ME and most certainly don't want someone taking that and playing it off as if it were their own.

I actually put a little note in my FAQs about it because it happens so often that I discover my website copied and pasted and my photos used on other girls and agency ads and sites. Ridiculous.

Guest **cely***r***ne

This offends me when I see words taken from another ladies adds. Immensely!

When I create my advertisements it takes me an hour sometimes! I like to tell a story, create a visualization of the things I would like to experience, or things that I like to do. It IS very personal.

Granted, because it takes me hours to write, I sometimes do not have this time to write a new one every time. So I use some ones Ive written previously, copied and pasted from my notebook on my computer...but NEVER in a million years would I take someone else's words and pretend they are mine! That's just ridiculous. How in the world do these people think that it will help them? Especially seeing as they are taking text from (ie) ladies who have been posting for a long while...do they not realize that a ladies personality shows through in her writing and that an intelligent person would not take notice? Or that they are using words from an established SP whom has had their websites/adds viewed a zillion times?

Like, if you cannot come up with an original idea, why bother writing anything at all.

And Gabriella is right, there is websites dedicated to translating ANY language into another language, (ive used them for english to francais) as well as a spell checker.

Edited by **cely***r***ne

Back in 2009, there was a particular sp, from another site, she was never a cerb member..used to make it a point to cut & paste from MY AD every single day for like a month straight....

The frustration I endured from this was rather stressful, because I would always take the time to create text that would REPRESENT ME AND TO INDICATE all the positive's of spending time WITH a lady such as myself...then some lazy chick wakes up, scrolls through the ads and just cuts & pastes it into hers, BTW I find that to be a very strong indication of the type of service you will be in for , IMO.

For example, first thing I always indicate is just how busty I am :boobies:...so when she would copy and paste from my ads, ( she was a B-cup ) nothing wrong with a beautiful :boobies: b-cup, but sorta silly to introduce yourself as super busty, IMO>

Anyways, finally made it a point to make a little note in one of my ads, addressed to my follower, saying this:

"Hey so & so ( WON'T NAME HER on here, but did so in my ad ;)) from the (her area of town), did you get all that??? Now hurry up and cut & paste my text like your illiterate & simple minded self has been doing for the past month!!!!!! ""

And it worked!!!! I guess I embarrassed her.... Harsh perhaps...But the shaming worked :biggrin:

I then noticed she moved on to other ladies from other cities,,,,,she was so off on her game that she would copy & paste from ads that were in an area in CALIFORNIA!!!!!! AND she would leave the dam area in her ad, in OTTAWA, AND SHE WOULD LEAVE THE ORIGINAL LADY'S NAME IN IT TOO :bigclap:

• Like 2

I think everyone has their text stolen from time to time, I can currently name 4 websites and ladies ads with various versions of my home page, philosophy or a few of my ads. Only once did I let it stress me and that was one of the first times someone took my ad posted it as their own and actually got credit for it - someone posted on the board an inquiry about her and people said she sounded interesting based on her ads. Anyway it took almost a month but she was found out to not be the lady she claimed and I was happy I didn't get involved in it at all.

I figure this industry is hard, for some people it's likely impossible to navigate and some may not have had the work opportunities and training I've been fortunate to have so their skill set may not include marketing, web development, etc. I may not approve of their tactics but in all businesses and across all industries there are people without integrity and people without the experience to put together a business plan, the difference is in this industry when you are new you often don't know where to go for help or don't know you can even get help.

I believe if you act with integrity and have a clear professional approach to the industry and display maturity with your actions it speaks more about you than any ad you can post. When someone uses my text I think it's not the text that makes the ad but my response to the situation, as they say actions speak louder than words.

• Like 5

Stealing someone's entire ad is just sad and very unprofessional IMO. How can you say or post that you are that exact person and not advertise who you really are.

That would be like if I was to do that and put tiny busty DD redhead and didn't realize I forgot to change the hair colour and bust size, what would I say OOPS I stole this entire post and forgot to change somethings YUCK!! You have to be true to yourself and honest about you. As you are advertising yourself.

I can see that some ads do have similar words and of course they would we do the same type of work. Get creative and think about what you want people to know about you as a provider.

I have had this done to me on certain occasions or certain things taken and switched to look like it was their original idea but I just shake it off, I am usually very descriptive in who I am and if you can only copy and paste it's gonna take sometime to switch it all to suit the text thieves ads.

Thanks for starting a thread on this, redmachine. It's not really something I'd thought about, but kind of an obvious thing if you do think for a moment.

If using someone else's pics is stealing their looks, then using someone else's words is stealing their personality - and that's worse, I think. It's also more insidious; it's harder than it is with pics to work out who originally wrote the text. It's quite easy to say "you don't look like the pics, and she does, so you must have stolen them from her", but much harder with words.

Finally, I have no sympathy with the 'maybe she's not fluent in English/French" possibility. I'm in no position to criticize anyone's linguistic abilities (I'm not exactly multi-lingual myself) but I like to be able to have a conversation with whoever I go to see without there being too much of a language barrier to work around. If I end up in an awkward situation because of false advertizing... well, I'm not going to be happy about it.

Lol I noticed today that a lady on here stole my text from an ad I use somewhere else. I was a little pissed but noticed she didn't spell the main word right. Lol

Posted via Mobile Device

• Like 1

Plaigerism is unethical and unprofessional.

However, in these cases that is not what is happening.

This is a copyright issue, and is against the law. As are stealing pics to use in advertisement without owning them.

There is no flattery, no grey area, no just letting it go. IT is against international copyright laws to steal copy and pass it off as your own without acknowleding the author.

Your ads, the text on your site, even the words I am writing right now are published on the internet, and as soon as that happens, they are protected by copyright laws. It isn't even up for debate, it is what it is.

You can easily report the violators to wherever they place their ads, provide the proof, and any wise website admin will remove the text immediately. Otherwise they are participating in allowing a criminal act, altho likely you will only be able to sue them.

It is not acceptable that an advertising site, even cerb, would say that that is not a violation of rules. It is a violation of actual laws, and for that reason alone, it is enough reason to remove the text at least.

I am rather shocked that reporting these ads did not get results. If this was any other business advertising, it would not be acceptable. There is a restaurant in Vancouver under fire last year because its name includes the word "Olympic". Copyright protection and infringement is not a joke.

• Like 1

Guest W***ledi*Time
... Copyright protection and infringement is not a joke.

No, it's not a joke. But on the practical side of things, the effort and expense required for enforcement in the regular judicial system is often onerous, compared to the benefits received in defending one's copyright.

It's reasonable to flag a competitor's ad if it's been stolen from you. But should mod just take down a lady's ad based on such an accusation alone? I would think that he would need some sort of proof. And I would also think that claims and counterclaims about which lady might have written certain ad-copy first would be difficult to prove.

If lady A claims that lady B stole her copy from site X, and lady B, in response to this accusation, counter-claims that it is in fact the other way around, that she had even earlier published the words on site Y (which may not even be still up) can mod and Cerb be expected to have the resources available to investigate and adjudicate which lady, if either, is ultimately telling the truth?

I'm not sure how else Cerb should handle this situation other than the way it does, without making it possible for any lady to take down any other's lady ad maliciously, just by falsely flagging it as being plagiarized? Any thoughts?

Edited by W***ledi*Time
typo

I've noticed girls stealing other girls moves too! On numerous occasions I've had a girl put a condom on me with her mouth in this weird stripper/magician kinda way.....and then BOOM! another girl does it exactly the same! WTF?

I have been putting on condoms with my mouth for like 10 years....does this mean I stole it from someone? There are only so many descriptive words and activities, that eventually we will run these threw a circulation. Like how many of us has used the word " sensational" in our title? But to copy and paste word for word is just wrong. Take sometime and create your ad, and your true character will shine threw.

Guest C*****tte

I had my bio and faq stolen and used word for word to describe someone else. I contacted their hosting company and was able to have their account frozen as the person was breaking the hosting company's rules. I didn't know this lady. I believe it was a bait and switch site.

I agree with what the majority said. I could only imagine how much work goes into posting a good ad which really shows your personality in a few words. A good ad is as uniquely you as your photos are. All ladies ads are like this but for me personally a few who come to mind are Cleo Catra's, SaraMQ's and Angel Starr's. In each case I knew exactly who I was going to be meeting beforehand just from reading their ads. Obviously I'd seen their pics but I'm more referring to their personaility and demeanor. So yes, IMO stealing ads is no different then stealing pics. It's still a B & S in my books.

Posted via Mobile Device