I have been on cerb since June of this year and I have posted on my page that all recommendations are welcome. I have seen many people in the cerb community and several of them have been repeated visitors but I dont seem to be getting recommendations. A client of mine who referred me to this site said that he tried to post a recommendation for me but mod wouldnt allow him to do so?

I am just putting it out there to find out if there is a certain thing I need to do on this site to receive the recommendations. And to all previous clients , if u enjoyed urself , please feel free to write a recommendation!

• Like 2

Guest W***ledi*Time
... A client of mine who referred me to this site said that he tried to post a recommendation for me but mod wouldnt allow him to do so?...

In order to start a new reco thread, a client must have previously made a minimum of 5 posts on Cerb. (There is no minimum post-requirement if a client wishes to add to a lady's existing reco thread).

That's it!

dont despair, once you get one posted more will fallow. Keep your chin up:)

And then it may slow down again for a bit! But, I am confident in myself and I know that my service is top notch. Just remember, when someone comes back to see you, it's obvious he enjoyed himself and that is all of the satisfaction you need :)

• Like 1

Some people can be slow in writing recommendations

Some people may not like writing/posting to begin with, and may be uncomfortable writing a reco

Before I say this, I'm not saying you did this, but if a reco is requested by the lady, the gentleman may feel uncomfortable and unwilling to write a reco...and I emphasize again, I'm not saying this is what you did.

That's a few reasons I can think of

RG

Edited by r__m__g_uy

The first reco is always the hardest, and then others will follow.

For whatever reason, very few of my good regulars (CERB members) have posted recommendations. Most of the people who've recommended me have seen me once or twice. I'm not really sure why this is but I don't spend too much time contemplating it. It's nothing personal. Some guys just don't do the reco thing.

• Like 1

Honestly , its not the idea of having one .. I'm posting this mainly because the thread posted for discussion about myself , the majority of people said they haven't called me yet because they have not seen a recommendation , and the only people who have said positive things about me has been a new member .. I think people need to remember they were all new members at one point , and if EVERYONE was waiting for a recommendation to come see a SP , then how in the world would we get a recommendation in the first place ?

sometimes it hard for new members to get those first five post so they can make a reco. i think i was a month getting my first five so i could make a reco. just give your regulars time and im sure they will post a reco as soon as they are allow

Honestly , its not the idea of having one .. I'm posting this mainly because the thread posted for discussion about myself , the majority of people said they haven't called me yet because they have not seen a recommendation , and the only people who have said positive things about me has been a new member .. I think people need to remember they were all new members at one point , and if EVERYONE was waiting for a recommendation to come see a SP , then how in the world would we get a recommendation in the first place ?

It is a slow process and that can be good and bad. I have watched people join Cerb, take the board by storm only to fade away quickly.

If you take your time and eek away at growing your buisness it will happen. Its a combonation of you keeping your own personal standards high and then a little luck perhaps of getting a strong recommendation from a well known hobbiest. If you stick with it you will have many recco's before you know it.

This has been my experience at least.

The most important thing is to deliver the highest level of service you are able to and let the rest take care of itself.

All the best!

• Like 8

ladiitrill:

For the record, I would wholeheartedly recommend you, and have no problem telling the world. When I commented on you in one thread the reaction was "we don't know you, so your comment does not count."

I completely understand the desire to not be "taken in" or allow negative changes to the board's tone to happen by making it easy for someone to intentionally manipulate things. Blocking the instant results/instant gratification from attempts to deceive helps keep things in good order. So all in all I believe it to be good overall, but it does make it difficult for me to help you out.

I did not write you a recommendation even though I am allowed now because I was worried it would hurt your reputation by virtue of me not being one of "the guys". My worry is if my recommendation is the first, someone will point it out and then someone else will point out I am not one of the regular circle and then all of sudden suspicion is cast upon it and by extension you.

If you still want me to write one, I will. Otherwise I will wait and when once one of the accepted members writes a recommendation to get the ball rolling in a credible way, I will write one as well.

BTW, several people sent me private messages asking about you. I said good things and sent them your way.

• Like 3

The first reco is always the hardest' date=' and then others will follow.

For whatever reason, very few of my good regulars (CERB members) have posted recommendations. Most of the people who've recommended me have seen me once or twice. I'm not really sure why this is but I don't spend too much time contemplating it. It's nothing personal. Some guys just don't do the reco thing.[/quote']

It is the same with me I see a number of CERB members who are true regulars and they haven't done a reco but the ones I've seen 1-3 times have.

To me a reco is like a thank you or a tip, never expected but appreciated. A reco really has had no impact on my business. If I receive one awesome, if not oh well.

Rassilon, I'm not sure if I'm one of "the guys" as you describe but let me share my opinion. Actually I've only been on this site for slightly longer than you but here is what I've learned. I say what I want to say and when I want to say it. (Within the rules) I'm never influenced by what more senior or active members say. I did have to learn and get comfortable with posting and then creating threads. But when it comes to recommendations - if I had an enjoyable experience than I post one. It doesn't matter if it is a lady well reviewed here or someone new. In cases if I see someone frequently then I might do a composite recommendation highlighting a series of meetings. As a reader of recommendations and as others have said I take it all with a grain of salt. And I would never take one recommendation in isolation and make any decision based on that. So your post will become part of the story which describes this lady. I've never posted a recommendation without sharing my text with the lady before...but I wouldn't ask the question the way you did: "if you still want me to write one". I think thats put an unfair onus on her. If you want to post, don't be misdirected by your opinion of your reputation on here. Just keep being positive and respectful and your reputation will follow. Then when we see your post of a great time with this lady we'll think that much more credible. I hope helpful. My thoughts. Cub

ladiitrill:

For the record, I would wholeheartedly recommend you, and have no problem telling the world. When I commented on you in one thread the reaction was "we don't know you, so your comment does not count."

I completely understand the desire to not be "taken in" or allow negative changes to the board's tone to happen by making it easy for someone to intentionally manipulate things. Blocking the instant results/instant gratification from attempts to deceive helps keep things in good order. So all in all I believe it to be good overall, but it does make it difficult for me to help you out.

I did not write you a recommendation even though I am allowed now because I was worried it would hurt your reputation by virtue of me not being one of "the guys". My worry is if my recommendation is the first, someone will point it out and then someone else will point out I am not one of the regular circle and then all of sudden suspicion is cast upon it and by extension you.

If you still want me to write one, I will. Otherwise I will wait and when once one of the accepted members writes a recommendation to get the ball rolling in a credible way, I will write one as well.

BTW, several people sent me private messages asking about you. I said good things and sent them your way.

Rassilon, I'm not sure if I'm one of "the guys" as you describe but let me share my opinion. Actually I've only been on this site for slightly longer than you but here is what I've learned. I say what I want to say and when I want to say it. (Within the rules) I'm never influenced by what more senior or active members say. I did have to learn and get comfortable with posting and then creating threads. But when it comes to recommendations - if I had an enjoyable experience than I post one. It doesn't matter if it is a lady well reviewed here or someone new. In cases if I see someone frequently then I might do a composite recommendation highlighting a series of meetings. As a reader of recommendations and as others have said I take it all with a grain of salt. And I would never take one recommendation in isolation and make any decision based on that. So your post will become part of the story which describes this lady. I've never posted a recommendation without sharing my text with the lady before...but I wouldn't ask the question the way you did: "if you still want me to write one". I think thats put an unfair onus on her. If you want to post, don't be misdirected by your opinion of your reputation on here. Just keep being positive and respectful and your reputation will follow. Then when we see your post of a great time with this lady we'll think that much more credible. I hope helpful. My thoughts. Cub

My thoughts exactly. Rassilon if you wish to be one of the guys simply be one of them. Start posting, become involved and there you are, in the middle of it all. Hopefully having a great time and enjoying yourself. :icon_smile:

• Like 3

Winnipegcub/Katherine:

My comment was meant more of an explanation and that I felt it takes awhile/requires jumping some hurdles. Did not mean to imply I thought there was no way to do it and sorry if it came across as me saying it was too difficult to do. I have been posting in the General Canada section and a little bit in the NS section. Not with as much forethought as either of you expressed, nor with as much confidence, but I have been doing what you said.

Winnipegcub: I would hate to think something was onerous for Candii because of me. Considering our verbal conversation when we last met I would not think what I said was a big deal. Looking for a recommendation, I am in. Just thought it was unfair not to warn that I thought it might not be good for me to do it. After reading your post though I do think it is a good idea for me to just go and do it.

Winnipegcub and Katherine again: Thanks to both of you for the encouragement to keep writing.

Candii: You still rock, beautiful.

Recommendations...ah recommendations! Do guys want 'em...yep. Are all guys willing to write 'em...nope. Are they needed...yes and no. When I first began on Cerb and with hobbying in general I relied heavily, perhaps too heavily on recommendations. Although this didn't lead me astray it did hinder my experiences in that I was relying on others to tell me what I liked and did not fully allow me to mature into the hobbyist I now am.

When I write a reco. it is like when I go to a restaurant...I fully expect to be willing and able to write one for the lady. Much like I fully expect to tip my server upon completion of my meal. Basically what I am saying is when I see a lady my intentions are to recommend her post date but this is not to say that a reco. is guaranteed. Much like the servers tip the date must be reco. worthy. Sadly, I have seen two ladies whom I have not recommended but every other lady whom I have met has a reco. written by me for her. It is a matter of personal policy I suppose.

It is also true (from my perspective) that newer ladies and hobbyists don't seem to be given the credit for either (A) providing a reco. worthy date or (B) the respect they probably deserve for writing a reco. Rassilons comments about being "one of the guys" re-enforces this to me. Having said that we have all seen shills and "friends" drumming up business so there is a basis for some trepidation. It is unfortunate that a harmonious balance can not be reached and maintained because be suspicious of members who are "not one of the guys" is no way to expand our self proclaimed community of respect. Rassilon should be able to write and post his recommendation and have it respected the same as any "Elite Member" does.

Ladiitril,

Your recommendations will come and as others have said all it takes is one and the rest will follow. Continue developing your business, skills and personality soundly and honestly and the rest will take care of itself!

There you have my two cents...

Rassilon should be able to write and post his recommendation and have it respected the same as any "Elite Member" does.

...yes i totally agree with this. Just because a member has written 4000 posts to someone who has written 5 posts, i will still take your word in the reco. For me, i don't care how much someone posts on the board but i do care about someone at least writing a reco.

Personally, i would rather see a reco than none at all. I usually base my decision on one, if i will see someone or not. I like having the assurance that someone as enjoyed the SP/MP services...this is my preference.

I made my first reco some months back on someone that didn't have a reco and other members followed up with additional recos, so i was happy for her...yes, i went away from my preference lol. Now, i've written only one but i've seen a few other ladies that i think the world of...Katherine :)...but due to not being on here all the time i haven't got around to doing them and forgetful at times.

I say, don't worry about what other people think and write the reco if you believe someone is deserving of one.

cheers.

Edited by conquistador

Rassilon

Don't worry about being "one of the boys" here on CERB

CERB isn't a boy's club, it's a community of SP's/Hobbiests (damn I hate that term) who share a common mutually beneficial lifestyle

And unlike some other boards, this isn't about us versus them, it's we're opposite sides of the same coin. CERB really is more than a board, it's a community

As long as you are respectful, and keep in the CERB guidelines of

"if you do not have anything nice to say...Please don't say anything at all", post away, including recommendations

If you want to post a recommendation after your encounter with ladiitrill, by all means do so, we are looking forward to reading it

Good luck

Look forward to reading more posts from you

RG

Thanks to all the comments over the last page or 2 or 3 or whatever it is up to now. Very encouraging.

Although this is very late (after all this thread started months ago, and my comments were related to events before it started), I did post the recommendation.

Winnipegcub, it was very thoughtful of you to point out how an SP may feel if one asks her about posting a recommendation, and it got me thinking, but it turns it is rule #3 under the posting rules for the recommendation section. You have to ask.

Well, I did, and she said she would like me to do so, I did. 12 views the first day. 200 the second. :-)

The real point of this follow up post so late is to express thanks to everyone who changed my perception of CERB to being much more encouraging.

• Like 1

As a hobbyist, I do value the recos and consult them in deciding whether or not to see a lady.

So far, I have had only good experiences and would've written recos for all the SPs I've seen, but one SP quit this line of work before I got around to writing her a reco. I'm pretty easy to please, so an SP would really have to be awful or rude or have a gross dirty incall location for me to not write her a reco. I'm happy to write them because I want these women to do well and stay in business. If I see an SP multiple times, I won't write a reco each time I see her. That just feels like overkill to me.

I think SPs need to accept that lots of guys just aren't good with words. So don't take it personally that guys don't write them. They probably just aren't sure what to say. Writing a tasteful but helpful reco is a difficult line to walk.

As a hobbyist, I do value the recos and consult them in deciding whether or not to see a lady.

So far, I have had only good experiences and would've written recos for all the SPs I've seen, but one SP quit this line of work before I got around to writing her a reco. I'm pretty easy to please, so an SP would really have to be awful or rude or have a gross dirty incall location for me to not write her a reco. I'm happy to write them because I want these women to do well and stay in business. If I see an SP multiple times, I won't write a reco each time I see her. That just feels like overkill to me.

I think SPs need to accept that lots of guys just aren't good with words. So don't take it personally that guys don't write them. They probably just aren't sure what to say. Writing a tasteful but helpful reco is a difficult line to walk.

I think what gentlemen have to keep in mind is the fact that one doesn't need to write a novel type recommendation when he had a great experience with his lady of choice. A few simple positive words will be appreciated by both

the lady and the gentlemen of this community.

Guest C***ry Di+**

I have had the same issue but after reading over what everyone is saying I think it will just take time. I am always told by the wonderful men I spend time with will that they will write a reco but then I think life intervenes and that's ok too.

Buck up, you seem lovely, and I am sure the rec's will follow just like all these experienced smart ladies say.

Cherry

I think the honorable thing to do,is to write rec for the lady, that what this board is all about is to 'recommend a MA or SP' to other gents.

Personally I was really pissed off back in the summer when a statement was made in a thread, a gent thought the rec's were 'shit'. It took me a long time to get over that comment.

The best thing I think a guy can do is share his experience to others,in a format that can be short and sweet to the point or if you like lots of details and great reading material either way it is more beneficial to the ladies that are here on this board.If a gent did not enjoy his time, then he simply does not write a rec.

I understand that other gents may not take my advise or others that write rec's on ladies, but then what would you have left here on this board? Just a lot threads on other discussions and ad's.....right? And I simply write recommendations for the ladies I see, NOT always for the other guys but I don't mind sharing...I do it because it is my way of saying thank-you in a long version of a compliment.

Then again I know when I do write rec's I always get a dozen of pm's asking for further info on a lady, so I think the section is a excellent tool for all concerned, I just hope those that are on this board,and have been here for a while, or those that have just started, consider writing the recommendation,the ladies are always flattered and like I said it is good for business all around for everyone.

My two pennies on the subject.

• Like 4

This could be a rambling response, as recommendations for me have become an issue - a personal issue.

In the early days, I did not write reccos at all for the first number of encounters. I did not feel confident enough to do so as a new member, and wondered who would even read them much less take any stock in them.

As time went on, I realized that after a woman had taken my interest through her posts and contributions that I would then go on to look at the recommendations made for her. I am 100% confident that the reccos did not result in final decisions for me as to whether I would contact them or not, but having read them I am sure that it must have had at least some influence.

Influence however is the key word here for me with my personal dilemma about writing them. What 'works' for me might not necessarily work for someone else. I do not like being in a position of influencing others. Every person is different.

I realize that I am way more 'into' a personal connection than many CERB members are. When I have written reccos, for the most part they dwell on that personal connection and are written from the heart. I take that as a personal goal to present the lady in a respectful manner and to share some of the personal characteristics that I found so intriguing and amazing. To write with the "same format" each time for me would be meaningless.

At the same time, as I have said in previous threads, I have never ever had an encounter that was not pleasant, unique, or repeatable. But I have not written reccos for all of them. Why, I am not entirely sure.

Perhaps one that I delayed for so long was one that meant to me so very much on a purely personal level and I did not want to share it. That was wrong because every SP deserves recognition and if I as a client can help them be more successful, I do feel an obligation to them to do so.

Generally I feel that I am at least a decent writer, and a positive person, and most of my reccos reflect what I have spoken about above. I hate the idea of comparing one woman with another, and would never ever do that on paper. I do not like to do it even in my head. Every experience is and has been unique.

As I said I would do I know I have rambled, but for me reccos are a difficult aspect of the CERB experience.

• Like 2