My 5000th and last Post

Let me start by saying I hope you have a happy holiday season, and I wish you the best of luck with whatever you choose to do!

I feel like I joined right around the time your posting started to slow down, I get the feeling I missed out on quite a bit!

Take care Pete

• Like 1

Well, I am new to this but I am finding it quite informative. All things change with time though and I am glad that you enjoyed yourself. I am sure that some of your advise has benefited many others.

Pete,

I certainly understand the reasons behind your decision. However, I hope you'll reconsider. You're a valued member of the community who, through your insightful and often humorous posts offers a wealth of knowledge to this community. I feel Cerb will not be the same without your input. I can't help but feel saddened by this news.

You welcomed me when I started on the board, and I was very thankful that anyone reached out at all!

I understand the backseat is more fun though ;)

There are hundreds of issues that affect our community and frankly this is the best and only place that we have to discuss these things civilly and openly with both sides of the business, provider and client sharing an equal voice. There is NO OTHER PLACE like CERB.

While I commend most of your post I have trouble agreeing with the above portion. Cerb has NEVER been a place for clients to have an equal voice, which is partly why several members have chose to modify their participation.

Not that this is new, it is the way it has always been. But it seems lately the inequalities have increased, prompting many to change their participation. Is that good or bad? Time will tell. That there is no other place like CERB, I agree. Good or bad? Again, time will tell.

I do agree with the many comments that all things evolve, it's always interesting to see where things lead. The only thing that stays the same is the world's oldest profession. How the business of it is conducted is what evolves and that's the key here. Cerb was yet another in the long list of new ways for it to evolve. How Cerb itself evolves will be interesting to watch.

Wow Pete!!

That is alot of key strokes made for that many posts!! I hope you do not give up posting, as I always enjoy reading what you have to say here. There will always be up and downs here, but I truly think it is the "ups" that really count! Stay true, as I know you will!

xoxoxo

Wow Pete!!

That is alot of key strokes made for that many posts!!

LOL ..... Pete has always been known for lots of strokes!!!!! Allegedly .... not that's there's anything wrong with that :)

For what it's worth Pete - you were one of the men who answered my very silly questions back before my first date and I really appreciated your time and advice!

It's sad to read that you will no longer be posting; and I'm hope the hostility here goes back to a minimum and that you some day re-appear as a poster.

Take care!

I think that this board has changed quite a bit over my time here. I agree that it isn't quite as positive as it used to be, I do not understand why. I find it to be quite a loss to this board and hope that he will not be a pointless marder.

DoM

There is no reason nor need for a martyr. Everyone's preoccupation should be that of positivity. Quite frankly, dwelling on the perceived notion of negativity only perpetuates the notion of its existence. Can we not just move on? :)

• Like 5

I am sorry for the surrounding ignorance to all of this drama here right now,

But from what I can see here, is an individual who feels " on the spot" for what he may feel or think about some of his relations here??

No matter if you are an SP or a hobbiest, you should be feel welcomed to express your point of view openly. As long as it is positive and in good spirit! If not then please feel free to not say anything at all!

Sometimes we as SP's may feel uber competitve, but when we can stand together it would be so much bettter then when we stand alone!

I for one will miss PP post.....

but will continue contact:) xoxo

• Like 2

Sometimes we as SP's may feel uber competitve, but when we can stand together it would be so much bettter then when we stand alone!

I for one will miss PP post.....

but will continue contact:) xoxo

As far as being competitive goes, I feel that there is really no need for it whatsoever. First, there is room for everyone on this board. Indeed, it's Cerb's hallmark feature - acceptance, non-judgement and the sharing of information is what makes it great.

In terms of the ladies, every single one of you are unique and bring your own special personality, attributes and knowledge to the community. I could never compare one to another; it just wouldn't be fair, or right for that matter. I feel we are blessed to have all of you here, and the sum total of Cerb is infinitely greater than all of its parts. That said, I have witnessed many ladies here go above and beyond in their efforts to help a new SP get acquainted with the board, offer business tips etc, and even recommend other ladies to clients! This demonstrates true class, in my opinion.

In the end, the track record of the ladies speaks for itself, so there is no need for pettiness or cattiness at all. It's really a moot point when we remember why we're all here in the first place, which is to enhance and enrich our community. Therefore, I prefer to focus on the positive.

Edited by drlove
  • Like 2

I was cut off on my rep point Drlove. :)

When I first started here, not only was I welcomed by many Gentleman that directed me on this site, but also by many fine ladies I now consider friends. They went beyond themselves to welcome a new lady and that meant a great deal to me to stay focused no matter what threads went to the wayside. That is far from competitive if you ask me. I'm now able to help newcomers as well and see so much caring among the women here.

However, it's a public board and we're not always going to agree. It would be very sad to see people leave for that reason or the fact "competition" may be perceived. It's really not worth it. I enjoy this community too much to leave.

I think instead of constantly going over and over the negativity or rehashing the "uber competitive SP's", points made in this thread for the second time, why don't we just forgive and forget? Anything less is pretty immature.

I'm tired of it and want to continue making this place happy. Life is too short folks! :)

As far as being competitive goes, I feel that there is really no need for it whatsoever. First, there is room for everyone on this board. Indeed, it's Cerb's hallmark feature - acceptance, non-judgement and the sharing of information is what makes it great.

In terms of the ladies, every single one of you are unique and bring your own special personality, attributes and knowledge to the community. I could never compare one to another; it just wouldn't be fair, or right for that matter. I feel we are blessed to have all of you here, and the sum total of Cerb is infinitely greater than all of its parts. That said, I have witnessed many ladies here go above and beyond in their efforts to help a new SP get acquainted with the board, and offer business tips etc, and even recommend other ladies to clients! This demonstrates true class, in my opinion.

In the end, the track record of the ladies speaks for itself, so there is no need for pettiness or cattiness whatsoever. It's really a moot point when we remember why we're all here in the first place, which is to enhance and enrich our community. Therefore, I prefer to focus on the positive.

• Like 1

...why don't we just forgive and forget?

Exactly, Erin. I wish more people had this mindset.

I personally think its a damn shame to lose such a great member of Cerb.

Pete's hitting the nail on the head with what he is saying and so is the Mod.

To those of you that are trying to sweep this under the rug, I respectfully ask you review your position. Cerb has lost some very good ppl this year. This needs to be addressed properly.

Less posts, and reviews, makes this a less interesting environment. Less ppl come, less ppl see your ads, less traffic = less money for Cerb.

These kinds of attitudes, and cliques have to stop. (you know who you are) It's going to end up biting all of you guys that are responsible in the ass.

He is a regular contributor, and for all of you that have had him as a client will attest to, a gentlemen and what most ladies would look for in an ideal customer.

Time to wake up, seriously.

• Like 4

Check ! 66 times/posts now ! A huge shame to loss PP. At least for now.

The several thousand Cerb members must now learn from and act on what has been learned here. Onward and upward folks. We shouldn't sweep this under the rug.....but there is no positive way to "address this properly". Each and everyone of us must react to this and make Cerb what it should be in 2012.

Now a quote from a not so wise man :

"Let this post ... rest in Pete" "LeeRichards" ;)

HAPPY NEW YEARS FOLKS !! Cheers to a Happy and Horny 2012 :chug: !

• Like 4

Pete's hitting the nail on the head with what he is saying and so is the Mod.

To those of you that are trying to sweep this under the rug, I respectfully ask you review your position. Cerb has lost some very good ppl this year. This needs to be addressed properly.

Less posts, and reviews, makes this a less interesting environment. Less ppl come, less ppl see your ads, less traffic = less money for Cerb.

These kinds of attitudes, and cliques have to stop. (you know who you are) It's going to end up biting all of you guys that are responsible in the ass.

He is a regular contributor, and for all of you that have had him as a client will attest to, a gentlemen and what most ladies would look for in an ideal customer.

Time to wake up, seriously.

It is a shame that Pete chose to no longer post. And it may be a wake up call, reminding us why we are here. No one is trying to sweep things under any rug

Here is but an example of some of the positive threads. One is older, but is a ongoing positive thread, which is why I included it. If any other threads have been missed, my apologies, and feel free to add.

http://www.cerb.ca/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=75581

http://www.cerb.ca/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=75235

http://www.cerb.ca/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=75779

http://www.cerb.ca/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=58683

It's not sweeping under the carpet to want to return CERB to it's positive self. And as much as Pistol Pete will be missed (and he's always welcome back) dwelling on his departure will just feed into the negativity and accomplish nothing

It's time to move forward

RG

• Like 1

Simple solution... If you see someone being nasty, negative, killing the community vibe, etc.... Report them! Show the negative people that cerb is not the place for them. We (the mods) do not read every thread (far from it) so it is up to all of you to make cerb a place you all enjoy.