Just heard a report on CBC.

Apparently the fire was malicious. Someone used a sledgehammer on the front door, and there were gas cans and such at the scene. The fire was contained to the front door area, but there is water damage in the rest of the club. I would speculate it'll be closed a little while.

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515a using Tapatalk

Looks like the sprinkler system saved them from more fire damage but again the water can leave a huge mess to sort through, expecially when frozen.

Hopefully the guy in cuffs is the perpetrator. My little knowledge of arsonists is they do like to visit their handiwork and I'm sure he would have been smelling of the propellant.

I gassed up my snowblower the other day and there is still a scent of it on my good Christmas gift gloves. Doh!

I actually wondered if the two were possibly related in some way, as an effort to force an early closure. Just speculation, though. If it was, it was pretty ineffective.

I actually wondered if the two were possibly related in some way, as an effort to force an early closure. Just speculation, though. If it was, it was pretty ineffective.

Or maybe it was the same individual (i.e. nutbar) who pepper-sprayed or Maced the 'Mate some time ago.

Edited by r__d

And the innocent victims in this are those amazing ladies making a living and those who enjoy them. Hope the disruption on their lives is minimal. Cub

Guest Me**

Glad the damage was minimal and more importantly nobody was injured. Plus they got the guy!

Anybody with firm info on when they might re-open please let us all know.

Guest Ni**t*****t

This is a sad event and can be related to many issues. It may be that developers that are tired of waiting to fill their wallets or it may be something totally diffewrent, who knows? Time will tell I hope.

I hope Barb's will not shut down too long though... what will we do without the amazing girls??? More so, what will the girls do? I like Barb's, love the girls, the atmosphere... great place to be and it is so laid back... much better than some other places.

Sad :(

I was just there last night! First time in almost two years. Am on vacation from New Brunswick.

I left about 1am. Nothing seemed out of the ordinary.

Spent a great time with Wendy. Hope this doesn't impact the girls too much.

Guest Ni**t*****t

I like Wendy... beautiful brunette and what a personality! She is so much fun to be with. I also hope this does not affect the girls too long but... I will ask one of the girls that I know well, she will tell me... PM me for more if you wish.

First rumours of closing due to condo development, now an arson attack.

What next?

http://www.ottawacitizen.com/news/Arson+blame+strip+club+fire+police/6001999/story.html

That is some PRIME downtown real estate. Not many buildings that small in the downtown office sector any more.

I was at a meeting this morning in the Delta Office Tower across the street overlooking the scene and the police presence was strong they were all over it, a couple of cruisers and some detectives along with Fire investigators.

The condo talk is not new it's been rumored for some time as it's one of the few parcels of land available for development left in that sector, it's only a matter of time. Imagine though the convenience of living in a condo with a strip club in the commercial space below, lol

I didn't hear of this until I got home tonight and checked CERB.

I am in shock as a frequent visitor and I hope friend. I can only imagine the feeling of shock and despair the staff and girls are feeling. My best wishes go out to the staff and young ladies that all of a sudden are facing a few days of forced leave; I fear the majority of them with no compensation.

I hope other clubs will be tolerant and open their doors to the ladies to allow for some sort of respite.

I also hope clean-up and repair crews can get in there and pick up the pieces as soon as possible.

• Like 1

Generally people are really twisted. Not sure of the motivation, but there should be no motivation that would prompt something like this.

Anyway, I hope the ladies find a place for the time that they out.

My best wishes to the dancers and staff. I hope this is resolved quickly and favourably for them.

Agreed as to the staff and dancers, didn't mean to imply otherwise.

When they did the renovations to the CR, that happened very quickly ... hopefully this will too.

• Like 1

A friend who works there told me they hope to re-open Thursday. Hard to imagine insurance assessors working so fast though. How long's it take to repair $150k damage?

Horrible to hear this sort of thing. Hope everyone who works there is OK and they get things turned around reasonably soon.

Stopped by and ran into someone who works at the club and he said the club may open Wednesday, probably Thursday. At least that is the plan.

Wow, that is quick, but great news! I don't get back to Otown until Friday, so now have another reason to celebrate!

Another contact said "couple of weeks until they re-open, if ever", which doesn't sound a bit like "this Thursday". Let's hope that it is sooner than later.

Do we still have dancers here? What's the insider news?