what people collect

i'm hook on the tv show pawn stars on history channel. you see all these people coming in to sale the stuff they collect, and you see some pretty weird stuff. i got to wondering what the people of cerb collect?

mine are pretty basic, i collect:

hockey cards

blu-ray movie

music cd

I have a growing Angel/Cross collection! ;) A small collection of Keys- from jewelry to antique. As well as a weird habit of collecting new cups- travel coffee mugs, cold-drink cups- kids cups- ALL cups! .........ya know, before this thread I didnt even realize I had a collection of anything really. Thanks Shymale! :) xoxoxo

I collect souls!!!!!

No, just kidding!!! :D

I actually collect art work and have a nice little collection going here in Canada, and a damn sweet one going back home in London. Been trying to buy up works by young Canadian artists while I'm here.

• Like 1

I never thought of it as a collection either but I collect tools. I have so many I never use but will not part with.

8 axes, 4 adzes, bark spuds, cant hooks, drawknives, probably about a dozen hammers (not in a sack). Lots of stuff from Lee Valley that looks cool but I used once or twice.

One of these days I got's to get organazized.

• Like 1

I've always said that if I have 2 of anything it is a collection! :icon_lol:

But a few things that I go out of my way to collect.....

- shoes

- anything with a cat on it (crazy cat lady here ;) )

- bells (ding ding * service please)

Memories.......that is what I truly collect.....

You can be any where and close your eyes and remember the great times with beautiful ladies....friends....family.....

Memories do not require a space on a shelf or cabinet

Memories do not have to be seen to enjoy.....

Memories can be shared over and over and you never worry about some one dropping it and breaking it.........

People will remember you or your actions long after the trinket is gone........

So that is why I collect memories

Posted via Mobile Device

• Like 2

For myself, there are 2 things I collect:

* What is called Blue Mountain pottery (was very popular in the 1950's to 1970's)

* Religious items: crucifix, rosaries, cups and plates depicting churches, medals, wall plaques,... ...

In fact, I even have a church pew at home! :-)

Hmm if someone were to look in my dresser drawers, they would think I collect old underwear. Some are almost older than some SP's I visit, lol. Not to worry, I wear my new ones for any special occasions!

I collect pens and logo'd watches. And some Logo'd golf balls.

I dont seem to collect anything really. When I am asked what is my favorite color, or song, food, I never can answer it, as it changes almost everyday for me. So with that in mind, collecting would be difficult for as I could not stick to one thing, lol.

I suppose I can safely say....I think I collect shoes, hahahaha. It probably is the one item I have many of...lMAO

Guest **cely***r***ne

I love collecting! And Pawn Stars!

I collect stones, healing crystals and pens. I love pens...I always take them from the hotels I stay in.

When I was younger I used to collect Tansformer action figures...yes I am a geek....

Shooter glasses from everywhere I travel...as well as friends who travel bring them to me as well. I have over 300 now I believe from all over the world.

I still enjoy collecting hockey cards ... damn Ebay .... too easy to spend money

I collect little decorative containers and boxes. I used to collect dolphins and have a few nice figures.

My favourite thing to collect is $100 bills, but don't have as many of those as I would like.

• Like 1

I tend to accumulate journals and notebooks, buttons, and the paper detritus of my adventures- movie ticket stubs, boarding passes, and the like.

Oh and books. They're a pain in the ass when you have to pack up and move, but I find it very difficult to part with any of them. Magazines, too. I have all my back-issues of Philosophy Now.

Watches and cologne! I own way too many watches and almost as many bottles of cologne/after shave. Do I have a fetish...mmm maybe???

Books and CDs. And random things from all the places I've been.

And they, in turn, collect dust. I have a lot of dust....

I have every movie ticket stub for at least the past 4-5 years, and there are A LOT of them. Other than that I would say movies, and notes from university (I don't throw any of them out in case they might become useful in the future).

I like Pawn Stars, but like American Pickers and Canadian Pickers even better. That way rather than see one thing people have hung on to, you can see acres of stuff lol.

I used to collect small plates (saucer or dessert plate size) that were old china, interesting designs, often from the 20's or 30's, totally mismatched with other plates. Fun to find.

I don't really collect anything anymore, have enough stuff, more than I want or need lol.

I also collect poem books.

I'm not sure if this qualifies but I collect quotes. I have a word document that's filled with 8 pages of quotes.

Childhood memories.

I have found over the course of time that I find comfort in pieces that transport me back to a simpler time - not necessarily simpler times for the world, but simpler times in my life.

They don't have to be expensive or hard to find... but they mean something to me. I picked up a GI Joe that looked like the one I had as a kid, a set of glasses that were exactly the same as we drank cold milk from... a coffee cup that looked like the one my father drank from... a Beatles LP on vinyl... Led Zeppelin IV on vinyl... a couple of DVDs of really bad films that captivated me when I was a kid... an old radio like the one that sat on our counter... a pair of rabbit ears (not real ones, an antenna) to sit on an old TV... the piano stool that sat in my grandparents parlor... a couple of old TV guides... essentially anything tactile that can transport me back and make me smile....