Guys, guys, guys.... You've heard it all before.

Please, if you tell a lady you are close-by when you confirm, be honest! If you say you have a GPS, then use it. I don't understand the need to tell little fibs like that.

I am expecting you at a certain time, and I ask that a phone call be made when you are running late. (In fact, there's a little blurb about punctuality protocol on my website).

Do: be honest with me. If you're not in the area, tell me and let me know you may be late.

Don't: tell me you're close, and have a GPS, then somehow manage to be late.

Do: call or text if you are having trouble finding the place.

Don't: waste my time.

End rant.

Posted via Mobile Device

• Like 2

errrr I do get lost even with a GPS. Its a signature trait.

• Like 1

Agree with you Emerald. But as for gps, as etasman says, sometimes they are wrong. Just for a couple examples. Heading to the 401 from the 400. GPS told me to get in the right lane to the off ramp, exit and go on the 40.

I'm in the right lane, guess where the off ramp to the 401 is, the left lane

A second example heading to Ottawa on Hwy 7, just near the off ramp to the Queensway. Well the road has changed, construction. I'm still on the new portion of Hwy 7, but my gps shows me as way off Hwy 7, in a farmers field

And yes, I had a current map and ran the updates on my computer

GPS is good, but not infallable

And for me, when booking with a lady, I try to err on the side of arriving too early, find a spot a few blocks away to park, and then when it's time, arrive and call...mind you that's when I do incalls. Most of my encounters are outcalls

RG

Guys, guys, guys.... You've heard it all before.

Please, if you tell a lady you are close-by when you confirm, be honest! If you say you have a GPS, then use it. I don't understand the need to tell little fibs like that.

I am expecting you at a certain time, and I ask that a phone call be made when you are running late. (In fact, there's a little blurb about punctuality protocol on my website).

Do: be honest with me. If you're not in the area, tell me and let me know you may be late.

Do: call or text if you are having trouble finding the place.

Don't: waste my time.

End rant.

Posted via Mobile Device

Was this person a no show?

If so I can definatley understand your frustration.

If he showed up late and gave you the full donation for the time requested that is his time loss.

I suppose after a certain time period that you do say a timewaster and I truly hope this was not the case as you could have filled that time with a genuine respectable gentleman.

And for me, when booking with a lady, I try to err on the side of arriving too early, find a spot a few blocks away to park, and then when it's time, arrive and call...

I did this too for my first time. But in my sheer excitement I didn't hear the street name, or maybe she didn't say it. I was looking for a building that just didn't exist!

Thankfully I was there 10 minutes early, so no time lost. But like with all clients that I have, I make it a point to aim to be early, and I hope that everyone, client or SP does the same (extenuating circumstances aside)

I don't rely on my GPS, but Google the location in advance. I usually arrive in the area five to 10 minutes early and park close by until the set time. One other comment, it's also not a good idea to arrive early.

I don't rely on my GPS, but Google the location in advance. I usually arrive in the area five to 10 minutes early and park close by until the set time. One other comment, it's also not a good idea to arrive early.

Arriving early at the lady's place not a good idea agreed, but arriving early, a few blocks away, is not going to arouse suspicion...case in point, I was 30 minutes early once, there was a shopping centre a few blocks away, I parked there, went inside the mall for a few minutes, showed up at the lady's place on time

RG

Was this person a no show?

If so I can definatley understand your frustration.

If he showed up late and gave you the full donation for the time requested that is his time loss.

I suppose after a certain time period that you do say a timewaster and I truly hope this was not the case as you could have filled that time with a genuine respectable gentleman.

This happens often, actually. Definitely not a one time event, by one person, on rare occasions lol. While this happened to Emerald yesterday (I am guessing) the same thing happened to me yesterday as well.

The person is 30 minutes away, makes an appt, and is asked to call from some cross streets here for the address. They call to say they are there, they get the full address, and directions, and they say they have GPS. NOW they tell me they are going to pop into the store there to use the ATM.

Now, do I have to tell everyone who calls, do NOT make an appt until/unless you already KNOW you have the funds to follow thru. I don't know if the ATM trip was successful or not. The guy did not show up, nor did he call to cancel, and these cross streets were about 8 blocks from my front door.

Yes, showing up early is better than late. But also not recommended, I know how long it takes me to get ready and I give myself just enough time to do so. So I am fresh and clean for our sessions. If you show up too early I may not be ready to play. Having clients showing up late is never fun. I try to space out my sessions keeping in mind that this happens. Having some clients showing up 15min late do to traffic or getting lost doesn't bug me as long as their intentions are to make it to the appointment. If they are 30min late I'm annoyed but still willing to see someone if the excuse sounds legitimate. Anything after that is a goodbye because I have better things to do than wait around for a no show.

I had this happen to me a few weeks ago where the person booked the appt and said they were at the intersection. 20 mins later, they call me and said they had no cell phone reception in the visitor parking and were now back at the intersection. It takes not even 3 minutes to go back to the intersection and they are calling 20 minutes later? First off, I ound it weird about no cell reception as all clients call me from there and they've had no problems. I told them it was too late and not to bother. I'm sure they probably weren't at the intersection initially on the first call or they were just playing games. |

If a guy is going to be late, just own up to it and give the SP a heads up. She will either keep the appt and the customer loses time or she may have other plans and cannot keep the appt because the guy is late. In this business time is money and sometimes SPs book appts back to back giving them enough time in between to get ready for the next client. If the first client is late, that fools things up with other clients. If a customer doesn't call to tell me he will be late, I will call him and tell him it's cancelled or tell him that I didn't appreciate him not calling me. I don't know if some guys ( not all) are under the impression that we have all day and we just lounge around looking pretty waiting for someone to show up and if they're late, it's no big deal to us. Actually it is.

Respect is a two way street. I'm not perfect. I've made my share of mistakes along the way when running my business but I always make it up to the customer or at least try if they will let me.

Someone was asking for more specific info here's the timeline:

Get a text at 1:53 saying he saw my website and wants to see me that afternoon. Okay, so if he's seen my website, he had the opportunity to read my etiquette. We booked for 2:45PM. I asked hiim to call to confirm at 2:30, and to be at Bank & Walkley. (Which for those who have seen me know is less than 5 minutes away).

Confirmation call was punctual, he said he was at Bank & Heron. I asked if he had a pen & paper or a GPS. He said GPS. I gave him my address and directions. And offered to text the address to him so he could program his GPS. So after getting off the phone, I immediately texted my address. This was 2:33PM.

He texted me at 2:42PM saying he's on the way, and also he prefers jeans and a t-shirt, not lingerie.

2:45 rolls around and nothing. 2:50 and still nothing. So I texted him to inform him the appointment is cancelled.

If he really was at Bank & Heron when he called to confirm, he should have been on time. Furthermore, it states on my website that requests for attire should be made at the time of booking (not 3 minutes before the appointment).

I face the front of my building and I saw no cars driving around looking for parking.

He had absolutely no excuse for being tardy, IF he was being honest about being less than 10 minutes away when he confirmed 15 minutes before our appointment. (Yes, maybe my 5 minute rule is too severe, and I'm going to change it to 10 minutes. If after 10 minutes, you don't call to let me know you're running late, no appointment.)

It comes down to courtesy. He lacked it. Bigtime.

Posted via Mobile Device

Edited by Kate von Katz

Although I agree with the comment regarding letting the other party know that you are going to be late and courtesy... I don't think this thread should be directed towards the late client. Sounds to me he probably hesitated and ended up a no-show.

I said that because... Yes i have showed up to appt late :-/ traffic does happen and I do get lost sometime. I dont place call or receive call when im driving. Especially not texting... Saying that if i am 5mins late I usually just shows up. Figure the time i have to stop, text and wait for the response would be longer than 5mins.

If i do get lost then... I make a contact letting the other person know.

To be noted is for everyone to have some extra time allocated. Leave early, get ready early or something. Yes i also had to wait for 30 mins in the parking lot as the SP is not ready by the time of our appt before.

There.... My rant from client perspective.

well i think a 5min rule is a tad harsh, lots of guys would be late i think...but these are your rules. I try to be on time and mostly am because i make a point of it.

In this situation, he texted you at the confirmed time and texted you a few mins before the time saying he was coming, so sounds like he was committed. Who knows what happened to him be late, things happen and ya he was pretty close, under 10mins on a perfect day, ie. no traffic. And like someone said, if he's late he loses on the time with you.

i just think 5mins is harsh on the guy especially when he was in constant contact with you...maybe 10 is better?

Someone was asking for more specific info here's the timeline:

Get a text at 1:53 saying he saw my website and wants to see me that afternoon. Okay, so if he's seen my website, he had the opportunity to read my etiquette. We booked for 2:45PM. I asked hiim to call to confirm at 2:30, and to be at Bank & Walkley. (Which for those who have seen me know is less than 5 minutes away).

Confirmation call was punctual, he said he was at Bank & Heron. I asked if he had a pen & paper or a GPS. He said GPS. I gave him my address and directions. And offered to text the address to him so he could program his GPS. So after getting off the phone, I immediately texted my address. This was 2:33PM.

He texted me at 2:42PM saying he's on the way, and also he prefers jeans and a t-shirt, not lingerie.

2:45 rolls around and nothing. 2:50 and still nothing. So I texted him to inform him the appointment is cancelled.

If he really was at Bank & Heron when he called to confirm, he should have been on time. Furthermore, it states on my website that requests for attire should be made at the time of booking (not 3 minutes before the appointment).

I face the front of my building and I saw no cars driving around looking for parking.

He had absolutely no excuse for being tardy, IF he was being honest about being less than 10 minutes away when he confirmed 15 minutes before our appointment. (Yes, maybe my 5 minute rule is too severe, and I'm going to change it to 10 minutes. If after 10 minutes, you don't call to let me know you're running late, no appointment.)

It comes down to courtesy. He lacked it. Bigtime.

Posted via Mobile Device

We all work differently. Our decisions about the information we give to new clients may depend on many things including where our incall location is--in an apartment tower, a townhouse complex, a house or a hotel--as well as parking and other considerations.

When meeting with a new guest for the first time, my biggest initial risk is when I tell him where I am. He needs to be able to find me. I need to be sure that he's actually going to arrive without any unpleasant surprises accompanying him. Usually, there's no problem making the connection.

But unfortunately, while rare, there are men out there who collect SPs' addresses. For some, addresses are trophies, of a kind. There are others who seem to think that having the address means that they're entitled to visit whenever they choose to do so. Most troubling of all are those who publish the addresses online, circulate them a little more privately, sell them to other men or use them to trump up a complaint to the police or landlord.

These shenanigans wouldn't even occur to most men, and that's a big relief. Nonetheless, we always have to be on our guard for the few who do have curious ideas about what they might be able to get away with.

Simply no-showing for a meeting is rude. Too many men aren't concerned about etiquette, though. I'm certain that the majority of the ladies have received return calls, e-mail or text messages from prospective clients who were irritated to have been asked what happened when they didn't keep an appointment. The most unpleasant fellows are those who say or imply that good manners aren't important when dealing with whores.

When a man has the companion's address, not showing up and not calling to say he won't be there is highly disconcerting for us.

Because I am in a quiet residential neighbourhood, I never give my address to anyone. Guests are asked to call me from a specific intersection three blocks away. I give them directions to my place from there. If they seem to be the least bit confused, I meet them outside the house. Sure, they could figure out what the street address is, but it won't be the easiest thing for them to do.

If I lived in a big apartment building, I would be less protective of the building address, but I wouldn't give out the suite or buzzer number until my visitor had arrived.

I'm not criticizing the way that Emerald handled things with her prospective client. She has her own reasons for what she does and the way she does it. Not hearing from the fellow within 5 minutes is likely quite reasonable in her particular circumstances. What's most telling, to me, is that he doesn't seem to have replied when she told him the meeting was off. If he'd been right outside her building, he probably would have called or texted her, apologizing for the delay and hoping that they could still meet, wouldn't he?

I understand about getting cold feet. That certainly could be an explanation for what happened. I would hope, though, that if someone decides, at the last moment, that he's not able to go through with what he'd planned, he would say so before he has specific information about where I'm working. If he makes that decision after he knows where I am, I would hope he would tell me so, in person. And, of course, pay the feel for the meeting that he's cancelling.

• Like 2

...Guests are asked to call me from a specific intersection three blocks away. I give them directions to my place from there. If they seem to be the least bit confused, I meet them outside the house. Sure, they could figure out what the street address is, but it won't be the easiest thing for them to do.

That's all very understandable and wise but brings up a nagging question to me (any question I don't know the answer to is a "nagging" one to me I guess). Sometimes I have found myself in a city with a little (or a lot of) time to spare and I have to highly limit my choices to out call (and even extend my stay at the hotel to accommodate) when there are available in call ladies with a better reputation (no, not reputation, lets just say reviews and other information that are more to my personal tastes and liking) that have to be stricken from the list of possibilities as I understand this requirement and have no idea how to accomplish it discreetly when traveling to see her in a taxi.

Many years ago (when I was in high school actually) I used to drive taxi part time and we knew the addresses, (sometimes the fare didn't and we'd stop at a payphone and call ahead and see if we could make the arrangements for him) but it was not a large city at all.

Some cities I am really familiar with and have no problem renting a car (but if it's only for this purpose it's a bit of a hassle), other ones I haven't driven around in enough to be comfortable with that.

In any event, do you have a protocol to be able to accommodate a car less visitor to your in call location?

Here is a specific example that comes up quite often for me: I'm leaving Vancouver on a long haul flight that isn't available until 9 or 10 PM this evening but it's around noon and I just checked out of my hotel (or am about to). So I usually end up sitting around the airport for many hours (that seem like days). Oh, to visit SamanthaEvans and spend those many otherwise wasted hours with someone as wonderful as her, what a much better idea and I'll bet she has nice shower facilities available to freshen up when I get there and then again before my long journey too! Often I even know days ahead of time I'm going to be in airport hell for so many hours.

One concern is that even if I have the complete address before I begin my journey, the taxi driver may "know" the address :)

So your mission (should you choose to accept it) is to get me discreetly to your in call location luggage in tow and then back out to the airport in time to catch the red eye. We may "dine", watch a good movie or just hang out but it sure seems a lot more appealing than waiting for what seems like endless hours around an airport, oh how I hate that.

One concern is that even if I have the complete address before I begin my journey, the taxi driver may "know" the address :)

So your mission (should you choose to accept it) is to get me discreetly to your in call location luggage in tow and then back out to the airport in time to catch the red eye. We may "dine", watch a good movie or just hang out but it sure seems a lot more appealing than waiting for what seems like endless hours around an airport, oh how I hate that.

That happened to me in Winnipeg once. I was taking a cab to the incall of a lady I used to see quite often. She worked out of an apartment with another lady. I give the address (which I knew well) and off we went. Half way there the cabby asks "so, you going to see those playful ladies that work in that building". After I finished choking I made up something lame about visiting my aunt!

Several possible answers. I suppose texting and cell phones make it somewhat easier to be discrete from the back seat of a cab. If you explain the situation, and it's a lady you know from the board, you could probably phone for the address just before getting your cab. You could ask for an outcall to your hotel. There might be an additional cost but probably worth it.

I wouldn't worry about the cabby. I suspect cabbies are as aware of what's going on in the naked city as the hotel staff. And the likelihood of ever encountering that cabbie again are very slim.

Oops, I read this before I'd finished my first coffee ... You have luggage. That's even easier. You explain to the cabby you're going to your sister's, old college friend, etc. they've just moved and you're not 100% sure of the address, you can't find where you wrote it down, etc. you know it's near x intersection, head there and you'll ring her for directions. You can even be more up front ... " On a layover and going to visit a friend. Never been there before so I need to call for directions. Damn I wish I had someplace to leave this luggage."

• Like 1

That happened to me in Winnipeg once. I was taking a cab to the incall of a lady I used to see quite often. She worked out of an apartment with another lady. I give the address (which I knew well) and off we went. Half way there the cabby asks "so, you going to see those playful ladies that work in that building".

Too funny! But yes, exactly what I am trying to avoid (because I know it wasn't funny for you at the time) and with a single residential address your quick thinking save wouldn't work.

I wouldn't worry about the cabby.... And the likelihood of ever encountering that cabbie again are very slim.

Well there is a certain cabby from India that is almost without fail waiting in Toronto at 3:00 AM (and if I call him on his cell phone a day or so ahead he'll be there for sure), he is an absolute hoot! Remember it's 3 AM and I just got off an international flight, my next hop isn't until 9 or 10 AM, so we throw the luggage in his cab (too early to check it in) and we go bar hoping (many times), he has a big smile when he sees me as he knows we just going to go kill time and wreck havoc on the city. What?!??! You can't find a bar that is open at 3 or 4 AM in Toronto? Well, no, not legally but yeah, he knows were they are and he's a blast. Of course in this case I only have 3 or 4 hours to kill and it's ok to have a few drinks and hear a few dirty jokes as I'm at least 8 or 10 hours from being anywhere near driving a car.

He reminds me of LeeRichards with an Indian accent (who I've never had the pleasure to meet but he is dam funny also). But as funny and fun as he is I'd rather see a lady :) and have a shower.

Point is I've run into the same cabby a number of times so much so that some of them are friends. Even the flight attendants used to know me by name and be curious were my final destination was today :)

But of course you are very right, we just have to relax the usual requirements or protocol, which the SP should be more than willing to do if I prepay?

Edited by backrubman
  • Like 1

backrubman, if you come to Vancouver and want to see me, I'm pretty sure we could make arrangements acceptable to both of us without any trouble. :icon_lol:

In any event, do you have a protocol to be able to accommodate a car less visitor to your in call location?
Of course. I can provide useful directions regardless of the means of transportation my guest may employ.

One concern is that even if I have the complete address before I begin my journey, the taxi driver may "know" the address :smile:
I don't worry about taxi drivers. We have zillions of them in Vancouver. I use taxis frequently, but I've never had the same one twice. In any case, not only can I not be concerned about drivers who gossip, I can't imagine what they would have to say about me in the first place. I don't operate a pleasure palace, but a very discrete, low-volume business in a quiet, up-scale neighbourhood.

No worries! Stowing a bit of luggage isn't a problem. Calling another cab to take someone to the airport is also a very simple matter.
  • Like 1

backrubman, if you come to Vancouver and want to see me, I'm pretty sure we could make arrangements acceptable to both of us without any trouble. :icon_lol:

Of course. I can provide useful directions regardless of the means of transportation my guest may employ.

... I can't imagine what they would have to say about me in the first place. I don't operate a pleasure palace, but a very discrete, low-volume business in a quiet, up-scale neighbourhood.

No worries! Stowing a bit of luggage isn't a problem. Calling another cab to take someone to the airport is also a very simple matter.

That's it, I'm convinced! No more waiting around airports for many hours that seem like days for me :)

In fact, how about this idea? I'd imagine if the appointment is pre-paid and an appropriate surcharge added for the trouble then no address required: A lovely lady such as yourself could meet and greet me at the airport and return me safely on time.... oh what decadence!

In fact it has all kinds of desirable aspects to it. Let's consider a simple international text message sent as I'm boarding my most boring and lengthy flight to let the lady know it's wheels up in a few minutes and then I have 8 or 10 hours in the air to "know" a very special lady will be waiting to whisk me away to a private oasis as an alternative to the deadly, ever so dreaded wait for the next flight... we've all been there, it's way too long of a wait and not long enough to bother getting a hotel room.

I can hardly wait!

• Like 2

Perhaps one way to curb no shows is to screen by employing verification. If a gentleman really wants to see you, he will be happy to provide verification information (real name, board handle verified by pm, email, phone and reference).

Someone just wanting to waste a lady's time, well he isn't going to provide that sort of information, and in all likelihood, probably doesn't have a lady who would provide a reference

A quick thought

RG