Halifax Social Rocked!!!

Just got home a few minutes ago...The Halifax Social rocked... it was an honour and a privilege to meet each of you... Thanks so much for coming out. For those of you whom we missed - NEXT TIME!!!

The after party at Sophia's was even better - keep up those dance moves! How's the ankle, btw...

Kudo's to Carrie Moon for the door prizes - I accidently left mine behind in Sophia's hotel room - damn it!

Oh, and Old Dog... we all had a drink for you.... you were there in spirit, brother.

Guest **cely***r***ne

I am sorry I missed it everyone :(

I had oral surgery and couldnt make it, I was very disappointed, But I am happy you all enjoyed yourselves!!

Glad to here the party rocked after all the effort everyone put in. Looking forward to hearing some interesting stories from the party :)

Guest W***ledi*Time

Yes, the first Halifax get-together turned out very well indeed!

The efforts of MN2 and Katherine (and anyone else who worked and contributed to it in any way, directly or indirectly) combined to produce a seamlessly fun and friendly gathering. I greatly enjoyed meeting each and every one of the participants. A wonderful group! To the best of my recollection, we had seven ladies and ten gents. I left at 11:40 when the music and dancing etc were really just getting into full swing, so if anyone else put in an appearance after that, I missed them - and the total of seventeen would have only grown.

Sometimes what we know is not what we know, but sometimes what we know isn't the half of it. I knew very well (and have stated it many times) that those who are involved in this pastime and business are normal folks. The ladies and gents who got together yesterday evening were naturally quite diverse in age, background, and personality - as you would expect in any group that size. Seeing this great gang all together, obviously having so much fun, talking and dancing with each other, really underlined for me how much we're just regular folks with a common interest.

It's no secret that I'm (to put it mildly) shy and reserved in groups of people, and it was only the day before the event that unexpected circumstances somehow conspired, along with temptation, to twist my own rubber arm to convince myself to attend. I'm very glad I did! When it comes to this thing that we share, so many of us are quite isolated on a daily, routine basis. To get together in one place and see the unity-in-diversity, and to celebrate each other, was really spiritually uplifting for me personally - old stick-in-the-mud though I am!

A big thanks again to everyone who attended, or who played a role in making this a reality!

I followed the build-up to this event with interest, and it would have been fun to meet (or re-connect with) some of our NS friends and colleagues. I'm glad it went well, and I'd love to be able to attend a future event in Halifax.

Congratulations to the organizers.

Oh wow! When I get home and get some sleep under my belt I will write a bit more, but for the moment, oh wow.

I am quite certain that every single person was comfortable with how it went and I hope that this was only the first of the Meet and Greets that will be held in the Maritimes.

I met some really fun people last night, so to all who attended thank you.

I DO need some rest though. For me, 1:30 in the morning is WAY past my bedtime and trying to keep up to Sophia and Katherine on the dance floor is no easy task.

Yes, Halifax rocks. :)

• Like 2

I am glad you had a great time... I knew that the social was in more than capable hands!!!

It's always good to hang around with like minded folks - and finally get a chance to put a face to a name. I may have to mosey down east one of these days myself.....

I'll tell you all the whole story some day, but the short version is I was a 2 hour motorbike ride to and from the gathering. Due to being a man, I managed to get lost going to and coming from the gathering (I don't know Halifax) and turned it into a 2.5 hour run.....including brekky at a service station at 2 am. Got refused admission to the venue (AFTER I finally found it) due to bike boots and helmet. Grrr, back to the bike, changed footwear, and back to the social. Had a great time with great people and pulled out for home at 12:30 (2 drinks all night). Unbelievably, my helmet was still on the bike and the bike was still there! Two close calls with cops on the way home and rain started 15 minutes before I got home at 3:05. I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

Kudos to the organizers and the attendees for making it a huge success. I cannot say enough good things about all the people that showed up......WONDERFUL people!

Glad it turned out to be a great social.

With all the positive feedback from all these socials, this December all things being equal, I'll be attending the Ottawa Christmas Social

Again, glad the Halifax Social rocked

RG

The first Halifax social was a awesome success. Thanks to everyone who came out and made the night fun and memorable.

I certainly enjoyed meeting everyone. As Mrrnice2 said before we had people from 5 provinces there. Quite an accomplishment for a first time effort.

Hope this is the start of more to come!

• Like 2

I just have to echo the sentiment that we a great time and got a chance to meet the faceless members that we hear from everyday on the board. Kudos to Mr Nice and Katherine for the work they put into the event. I was a little bit sad that Taloon didn't make an appearance. To be noted, there were people representing five different provinces who attended.

Now it's up to some of the other local members to roll up their sleeves and organize a follow up event. It's the start of something, so hopefully it's not allowed to wither on the vine.

• Like 1

I just have to echo the sentiment that we a great time and got a chance to meet the faceless members that we hear from everyday on the board. Kudos to Mr Nice and Katherine for the work they put into the event. I was a little bit sad that Taloon didn't make an appearance. To be noted, there were people representing five different provinces who attended.

Now it's up to some of the other local members to roll up their sleeves and organize a follow up event. It's the start of something, so hopefully it's not allowed to wither on the vine.

Good point about Taloon.

Everyone asked about him and missed him. Hopefully, next time.

Guest W***ledi*Time

As we know from the previous thread, Taloon received a special invitation to this social, in recognition of his previous organizational efforts. He has everyone's goodwill. We would have been delighted if he had attended, and you can be sure he wouldn't have been allowed to buy his own drinks had he done so!

One of the reasons that this social rocked was that the ladies (and gents, too) were comfortable that safety and discretion had been properly arranged. Being familiar with the organizers, they were confident that they understood this business, and knew that they had a proven record to show they knew what they were doing - both in this regard, and others. The organizers were careful to doubly-demonstrate this all along, and at several different levels.

Everyone knows that safety and discretion are job one in this business. An error made on the side of caution does not carry anything like the potential consequences of an error made on the opposite side of the equation.

Yet another reason to celebrate this event, and to let the organizers know that we greatly appreciate their hard work!

Edited by W***ledi*Time

I am back home again after a really good trip to Halifax, with the social/Meet and Greet being the highlight.

The goal for the evening was to make it a comfortable get together for all those who could attend, and that goal I believe was met.

Yes perhaps we were cautious or maybe overcautious but we felt it important to have this first event be successful and therefore we did keep it small and it was attended by members who have pretty well established reputations. WIT covered the reasons for this in his post already.

So lets focus on the fact that this was good and everyone had a good time.

I left my wheelchair and crutches in my car and depended on good company and a few drinks to keep me up and mobile, and I had both of those, so I did more than OK. I even got a few dances in on the dance floor.

It was pretty cool to meet people face to face whose posts you have read and find that in some cases they were exactly as expected or envisioned and how in other cases they were different from what I expected. I'm not saying who fit into each category, but that was a really fun part of it.

Now I am ready to see who will be organizing the next Ottawa social - I will be there! After this one maybe there would be a big Maritime contingent along with me. :)

To all those who were able to be there a big thank you for making the evening the success that it was.

A special thanks to all those who brought door prizes, and also to Carrie Moon who sent along a number of things. They were very much appreciated!

Until our next Meet and Greet.................

• Like 5

I had a truly amazing time!! I don't think it could have gone any better or smoother. It was a true delight to be in such warm and welcoming company.

Cheers to June 22, 2012!! Great night in Halifax!!

A true joy to reconnect with friends I know, friends I finally had the opportunity to meet from afar and new friends that I have had the pleasure to finally meet.

Thank you to all who organized and helped and to those who so generously contributed some very awesome door prizes and drinks.

I am so looking forward to the next one!!

I'm still smiling, my face hurts lol!:icon_biggrin:

Big Hugs and All My Love,

Lexy

• Like 2

I was definitely looking forward to attending the Social , but unfortunately , only certain members were permitted to go and my join date did not classify under the "approved list."

I am pleased everyone had a good time and I will be waiting , anticipating for the next Social so I get the opportunity to meet such great people , clients aswell as SP's.

I know I'm a bit late to the party, but for those of you that may recall I had to leave the province the day following the social. I came back late last week and had to take care of some business. So finally, I just made time to write an extensive post!

As I mentioned, I had to leave early and missed out on most of the fun for the night... But still, I had a very enjoyable time meeting great people from all walks of life. A great thanks to the ladies that attended and made for especially pleasurable, and sexy company. I also want to mention the other gents that provided interesting and very entertaining conversation.

If there is another social in the future I'll be sure to attend and stay a lot longer this time!

Cheers!