An apology regarding rep points

Well, I have been a member here for a good amount of time but it was only today that I realized you could see who gave you rep points by using the User CP. (Never scrolled down to the bottom of the page lol)

It always puzzled me when people thanked me for giving them a rep. I thought to myself that perhaps I should spend more time viewing the posts that I made so that I could thank someone if they had given a rep to my post.

So, for anyone who have given me rep points and I didn't notice (and therefor did no thank you) a great big THANK YOU!!!

Blond moment (err couple of years) over for the day!

• Like 4

User Control Panel

Take a look at the top of the pages and you will find a row of options, the first is the user cp.

Go there to see the threads that you are subscribed to, and a recent list of your posts that have received rep points.

No need to apologize Meg. I used to send a thank you everytime I got a rep point or nomination. Then some CERBite's, in a friendly way, said no need to say thank you. One member and myself even had a little pact made up...no more thank you's LOL. And I slowly got out of the habit of saying thanks.

BUT TO ALL CERBite's OUT THERE WHO HAVE GIVEN ME, OR MAY IN THE FUTURE GIVE ME A REP POINT/NOMINATION, HERE IS A BIG

THANK YOU :-)

RG :-)

• Like 1

No need to apologize Meg. I used to send a thank you everytime I got a rep point or nomination. Then some CERBite's, in a friendly way, said no need to say thank you. One member and myself even had a little pact made up...no more thank you's LOL. And I slowly got out of the habit of saying thanks.

BUT TO ALL CERBite's OUT THERE WHO HAVE GIVEN ME, OR MAY IN THE FUTURE GIVE ME A REP POINT/NOMINATION, HERE IS A BIG

THANK YOU :-)

RG :-)

I was getting thankyous in my profile, but never reciprocating with my own thank yous and started to kind of feel bad about that. But after a while, it would be super hard to keep up, and where would it end?

Thank you for the rep and thank you for the thank you and so on and so forth.

This would be a good thread to just send out the blanket thankyou for everyone who appreciates my posts enough to click nominate or rep me.

graphics-thank-you-118740.gif

How do I give out rep points!?! By nominating the post!?

I just saw who gave me rep points. Awwwww...thanks!! :D *blushes*

How do I give out rep points!?! By nominating the post!?

I just saw who gave me rep points. Awwwww...thanks!! :D *blushes*

There is a little bar upper right hand corner. Underneath it says reputation for this post. Go to a post (not your own LOL) that you think is worthy of rep points, click on the bar, a pop up screen comes up, you can if you like put a comment in.

The other way to give rep points is to nominate a post

RG

Well, I have been a member here for a good amount of time but it was only today that I realized you could see who gave you rep points by using the User CP. (Never scrolled down to the bottom of the page lol)

It always puzzled me when people thanked me for giving them a rep. I thought to myself that perhaps I should spend more time viewing the posts that I made so that I could thank someone if they had given a rep to my post.

So, for anyone who have given me rep points and I didn't notice (and therefor did no thank you) a great big THANK YOU!!!

Blond moment (err couple of years) over for the day!

Wow. You learn something new everyday. I didn't know that one either. Thanks for the info. :icon_wink:

I just had to ask...but found it on my own. Maybe I should scroll down more pages here at CERB as Im sure there are places I've never been to. lol

Gone exploring....

I actually didn't really know where those rep points came from either (just the nominations) and I'm not blond... so its not a blond moment (maybe its a grey moment in my case).

Annnnnnnddddddd Plagarizing from the roamingguy sentiments...

Thanks to "ALL CERBite's OUT THERE WHO HAVE GIVEN ME, OR MAY IN THE FUTURE GIVE ME A REP POINT/NOMINATION, HERE IS A BIG

THANK YOU"

I've been a member since '06 and just found out about this last year.....so don't feel bad Meg. :p

I didn't know about this either and always wondered how people wrote in those little comments, lol. And I just found out a few people had given me rep points when I went to my CP..... it seems like this is a very helpful thread, Meg, even if you didn't intend it that way .... I think I'll give you some rep points

I have never thanked anyone either for my rep points. So thank you, thank you, thank you. I guess I never thought of thanking people for the rep points, So I'll give a big thanks here. Anything good is always appreciated.

If I haven't thanked someone, I'd like take this opportunity to right that wrong and thank them here (I don't think I missed many). Even if I don't post it on their profile page, I always appreciate a good deed. :)

If I can thank them in a creative way or add something to the post, I'm much more likely to post. Repeatedly saying "Thanks for the reputation points", seems a bit asinine and unoriginal, even though it is effective in expressing the gratitude. :D

Just my .02, carry on...

FR

It does seem silly to sign someone's guest book with a thank every single time they give you rep points. I don't think that was its intent, otherwise they would have called it something other than Guestbook.

But, I do think there's value in providing a thank you, so here's what I do:

- if the rep points are from someone I've not had contact with before, then I read their profile and sign their Guestbook, mentioning the post they liked. I might also send them a friend request.

- if it's someone I know, and someone that I find I'm also giving rep points to fairly often, then after awhile i'll send them a PM and suggest we stop the thnak you's

- otherwise, if their Guestbook already has recent thank you's on it I'll give it a rest for awhile.

• Like 1

Some people say thanks, other do not. I was raised to say thank-you for what you receive or if someone did something for you.

Rep points I continue to dish out more, and I hardly post anymore but always seem to get some back, which is cool,but I rather hand them out (and have been doing this especially to those crafty sexy ladies with their great ad's, plus I love flirting and making comments ;) ).

There is no real protocol, just play the game as it comes along and enjoy the points and comments, it is all good. :)

By the way THANK-YOU LADIES!!!! lately the advertisements on here are of top notch,classy,erotic,well written and some excellent photo's to lead the mind astray...(well especially mine lately :) )

Much love to you ladies and thanks!

Guest Por******tawa

I'd give everyone on this thread rep points if I could, but I can't as I've only arrived here a few days ago and have only four posts. So I'm sending you all good vibes instead...best I can do for now. I too believe in good manners and will always thank those who take the time to do anything for me.

Guest Por******tawa

According to the bottom of my CP, two kind folks have given me some points, however it doesn't say who them came from...sooo many thanks to them for the points. Most appreciated.