???? This has become the bane of my existence. I swear unconsciously and I'm always wondering why mothers are covering their small childrens' ears in my presence. I don't swear all the time, just occasionally. I used to swear at the law office where I worked, it just slipped out sometimes. Eg, 'how are we supposed to subpoena Andrew Carmichael if his fuckin address is listed as 'a tent in the woods?' It was bad.

BUT I believe a well-timed 'fuck' is vital to excellent and exciting sex. Does anyone have any advice on how to phase out swearing in everything but sex? Are there some better words for 'fuck'? I really enjoy a bit of dirty talk so life seems bleak at the moment :)

Happy Monday everybody

xoxoxo Amelia

Edited by A***ia Mi******n

I had an old buddy back in high school who too swore unconsciously. Each time he did this in front of his mom, she would wash his mouth with soap. It did work!

I don't suggest you to do the same each time you swear. If you don't have a taste for hot spicy food, you can take a bite off a hot pepper.

I would suggest that you're mouth is allowed to engage before your brain. Start to take a breath or count a couple of seconds off before you have something to say, just slow up a bit and maybe the problem will solve itself.

• Like 1

Personally I can't and dont swear. It was always frowned upon in my family and it's a habit I didn't pick up. Which is odd because my siblings swear like a sailor. Exception is when I'm a. really upset b. frustrated c. in the moment of passion.

I found this link with steps on how to stop. http://m.wikihow.com/Stop-Swearing

Hopefully some of the content is helpful.

JG

• Like 1

The first step in stopping your habit is to recognize that it may be a problem for you. Tell your friends and family that you want to stop/cut down on it and enlist their help.

Ask yourself the question "Why do I want to stop swearing?" and of course actually stopping is not going to happen overnight. It will take vigilance over a period of time.

Maybe you can start a "swear jar" and put money in for a good cause every time you let one slip. :) Some kind of punishment to give you incentive to reduce the incidents. But also reward yourself once in a while if you feel you've made a big improvement.

The use of swear words to shock or get across a stark point IMO has been severely curtailed, because it is in such wide use. The "most flexible, adaptable" word no longer means much. Finding less crass words in a wider vocabulary will express what you mean more efficiently and elegantly.

Best wishes!

FR

• Like 3

I do swear both consciously and unconsciously. When I think too much about it I start to speak as if I have tourettes.

Swearing has been an issue especially as my friend's kids got to certain ages.One friends kid would charge me 50 cents a swear, so I'd give her 5 bucks when I arrived which wasn't the best solution :) There are some swear words that are not as bad as others in my opinion.Using a foreign language seems more refined as well lol

Peace

MG

Edited by mrgreen760

I'll confess at work I'm more prone to swear, it's that sort of work environment (some ladies here know where I work)...not an excuse, but it is true.

However in the outside world, especially since I've been on leave, I've hardly ushered a word

But I must say, there is one lady I see, and during the course of our encounter she gets a smile on her face, and in a sweet sexy voice asks

"would you like to fuck me"

It's talking dirty in a very feminine sexy way

I'm looking forward to seeing her again too, a few months away now

Don't know if that contributes to the thread but what the heck...see, no swearing LOL

RG

Personally I don't damn well know where to begin trying to tell someone how to quit their frigging swearing because I don't f@%king swear...ever.

I swear too much so I am watching this thread with great (f@%king) anticipation. Ha Ha

• Like 2

This is something that`s been in the works for the past week. About halfway through the swear word I realize that I`m swearing so I end up saying alot of nonsense that starts with `f......`

Thus far I've said:

f.....arfing

fuckapedia

frouing

shi...shu

holy shirt

and godclamit

But the most successful swear replacement is 'oh curse word.'

Not too subtle and I'm not sure I can get away with saying 'curse word me' during a hot session but who knows?

Anybody want to curse word right now??

Thanks everyone for all the contributions. xoxo A

• Like 3

There are lots of alternatives.

http://tmapsey.hubpages.com/hub/101-Great-Cuss-Word-Alternatives

But to be honest I don't give a goddamn ... They are all fuckin useless!

More seriously, I like the Sci Fi alternatives:

Battlestar Galactica ... Frack

Farscape: Frel ... Frelling this, frel that, Frel off

Frack has that very satisfying hard consonant at the end.

But like RG, I love it when a particular favourite looks at me, smiles slyly, and says "I think you need to fuck me now!"

Porthos

This is something that`s been in the works for the past week. About halfway through the swear word I realize that I`m swearing so I end up saying alot of nonsense that starts with `f......`

Thus far I've said:

f.....arfing

fuckapedia

frouing

shi...shu

holy shirt

and godclamit

Not too subtle and I'm not sure I can get away with saying 'curse word me' during a hot session but who knows?

Years ago I really swore...like a sailor. What I did is I had a vacation coming up. So I set aside a jar, and everytime I swore, in went a dollar (pocket change) Well by the time I was ready to go on vacation I had over $400.00 for my vacation just from donations to the swearing jar. Not only did I get a little benefit for my holidays, I realized how bad my swearing became, and I cleaned up my language

RG

I swear.a lot. but to my defence I am in French.

I know some people call me on this, but it's a part of me, I couldn't live without swearing (especially in French...so I guess it is kinda hot ;))

I fucking love swearing like a motherfucking sailor:D and I assume it!

but good luck on finding alternative:)

Well my good gracious dear ! I don't swear but dag nabbit if I did I would :

Have sex every time I uttered such profanity :) You would perhaps be so gosh darn sexed out you will want to keep your clothes on !

Of course relapses perhaps can be frequent and this method deary can take 50 years of trying ;)

Good luck !!

This thread is really hitting home with me. My name is crankF, and I am a swearaholic.

I'm not offended by some vulgarity in most cases, I just try not to do it myself. Futileresistenz reminded me of my gran's swear jar when I was small, it didn't do me much good.

Backrubman reminded me how much I hate being called 'honey' by waitstaff and other teenagers in the workforce. I do however, like being called 'Hunny' by Cerb. ladies! But I digress.

Boomer's advice is spot on, I won't repeat it.

Amelia's replacement words are a great idea. As crazy as this seems, I was helped by watching the 1984 movie 'Johnny Dangerously', a 1930's gangster spoof with Michael Keaton and I as I recall, Joe Piscopo.

They called each other 'cork soakers', 'bastages',and 'fargin ice-holes'. I still say those under my breath if peed off. Alcohol can trip me up however, after a few drinks F-bombs fly. A favorite watering hole has a swear jar that I've enriched at times.

All that being said, I'd certainly like to hear Amelia's potty-mouth in person someday!

• Like 1

BUT I believe a well-timed 'fuck' is vital to excellent and exciting sex. Does anyone have any advice on how to phase out swearing in everything but sex? Are there some better words for 'fuck'? I really enjoy a bit of dirty talk so life seems bleak at the moment :)

Happy Monday everybody

xoxoxo Amelia

There is no better word for it because it's so raw. That's why it's a great word to use. I have no guilt about swearing in the happy of the moment. Mental and verbal stimulation are perfect ingredients for great sex aside from the physical aspect of it. I suppose there is a time and place for everything but then again I've always had a potty mouth.;)

• Like 1

562690_344795132263084_687915569_n.jpg

Seriously??? I drop F Bombs like there is no tomorrow. I do believe it comes from working in an environment that encourages frustration and the inability (and legal impediments) to punch someone in the face.

I think though it has become far more commonplace - when I was a kid, I would hear mom or dad using "damn" or "hell" and that was frowned upon; using the "God" before the "damn" was blasphemous.

Now my 81 year old, former rural school teacher, and formerly a devout church goer mom drops the occasional "F" bomb herself - and she is not afraid to say "shit" either.

It's a hard habit to break - but setting parameters of acceptability might work on diminishing the use. Set rules of engagement - when you can and can't swear. It will hurt but slowly it gets easier!!!

I`m so godclam grateful for all this blurghing advice, I`m gonna farfing cry. HA! Take that, civil society.

You guys are beyond funny. Thanks for making this easy.

But I must say, there is one lady I see, and during the course of our encounter she gets a smile on her face, and in a sweet sexy voice asks

"would you like to fuck me"

It's talking dirty in a very feminine sexy way

I love it when a favorite SP of mine says that to me. I remember another one would ask " Do you want to "-uck" me from behind? ". I find these swear words used at the right moment make things very sensual and memorable.

I swear.a lot. but to my defence I am in French.

I know some people call me on this, but it's a part of me, I couldn't live without swearing (especially in French...so I guess it is kinda hot ;))

I fucking love swearing like a motherfucking sailor:D and I assume it!

but good luck on finding alternative:)

I totally find French swear words hot, far more so than English. I don't know why! French, or english with a French accent, is gorgeous as it is, something about adding a few choice words makes it even more sexy. I know others who feel this way. I looooooove French girls :)

As a kid (around grade 7), it became for some reason acceptable among my classmates to swear, so I started to as well. It was exciting to say one of those adult words, like I was playing with fire (I was a kid in a very conservative society).

About a year later, in school among my friends I swore constantly. Instead of umm...I'd replace it with fuck. I learned how to swear in 4-5 different languages. And then it just kinda hit me that I was being quite stupid. I'm not saying that I don't swear any more, I just save it for when I really mean it. I started to be more angrier and aggressive just by the words I was using.

Anyhow, I don't care how someone speaks. I just tend to avoid those (subconsciously) or being turned of by those who seem to swear for no apparent reason. I stopped, by stopping completely. Catching myself, and just being more careful.

Of course, it's completely different when a girl says "Hey, wanna fuck?". That's just hot

So if nothing else, get it in the right context!

I'm not saying that I don't swear any more, I just save it for when I really mean it.

I do precisely the opposite. I swear all the time, and more-so when I'm pissed off. But if you ever see me stop swearing and get to the very polite stage... run :)

Thus far I've said:

f.....arfing

fuckapedia

frouing

shi...shu

holy shirt

and godclamit

When you are about to say the word F U C K and want to change it around quickly just say F(uck).... crying out loud. It saved me a couple of time.

• Like 1

I have the same problem. In my other job, curse words tends to be every second word. So when I'm back home and in the presence of friends and family I wear a small elastic band around my wrist. I catch myself swearing, I pull it and let it snap on my wrist a bit. It works!!!