TV shows/series

Outlander is pretty good--stays pretty faithful to the books so far.

The Leftovers is interesting, if not depressing. Although, I hate the title. Also based on a book.

I just want more Orphan Black.

Been watching Turn: Washington's Spies on AMC. About a spy ring's operation against the British during the American Revolutionary War. Very well done.

Since I ve been having break with schooling (no tests to study for) a few weeks now I pass my time when at work watching tv shows on netflix lol... so lately I find myself hooked on Nip/ tuck... Although I must admit I am now on the 4th season and I enjoyed better the first three...

THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A GUILTY PLEASURE!!

In my world, pleasure is never a guilty thing :D

Has anyone seen the UK series Misfits? It's older now, and the series is done, but holy smokes is it good! Without giving too much away, it's about a group of people doing community service at a local community centre. Lightening storm hits, they get struck and get super powers. It's dark, hilarious and totally addicting! The first episode had me on the edge of my seat. The second episode made me cry. And the rest were a great ride!

Also really into Hannibal the series. Holy crap it's amazing!! I never knew gore could be so bloody elegant! The guy who plays Hannibal NAILS it! Sadly, there's a wait before the third series comes out. Oh, and Gillian Anderson is in it - though in a small supporting role. She's still bloody smokin' hot!

Ripper Street is a great period piece - also a UK show. It's a crime show that takes place in Whitechapel just after Jack the Ripper. I can't do it justice, but it's a great show.

QI - a freaking fantastic quiz show for my fellow knowledge lovers. Stephen Fry is the host (if only he wasn't gay! I am so in love with that man!) and he has four panelists each week who are all comedians. The questions are really hard so the comedians usually just crack wise and they get onto some hilarious and informative side-tangents. It's worth checking out if you like laughing yer butt off while learning totally obscure facts.

Here's a look at the typical hilarity that ensues on the show....

• Like 2

Orphan Black, Hannibal, Weeds... Many very good TV series nowadays. The golden era for (good) TV screenwriters :-)

There is a lot of good TV now, with some mainstream movie actors.

There is usually one show each season on HBO that I have enjoyed. Transporter, followed by Banshee, followed by Penny Dreadful, and just finished is The Leftovers.

Showcase,Bravo and FXC also have shows each season that i follow. Which i appreciate because i don't want to have 15 shows each week that i 'have' to watch, it's all broken up. So Defiance ends this week, and next week Haven will show up again. Before Definance i think it was Continuum.

I'm finding the more interesting tv is on those stations not regular network tv shows.

• Like 1

This is rather different from other posts in this thread. CNN just started a new series Sunday: This is Life with Lisa Ling. The first show was sort of light documentary "Lisa Ling takes us into the hidden world of sugar daddies - wealthy men who court much younger women, their sugar babies" Future shows seem to be on sex-related topics. Sunday nights 10pm ET and repeated 3 hours later. Many may like having a look...

• Like 1

Revenge. It keeps getting better.

Good opening show for the new season. who knew it would last this long with this premise?

I also looked forward to the opener of Once Upon a Time which didn't disappoint. I liked season 3 enough I will most likely get the set as an Xmas present for my mother who is a Wizard of Oz fan.

And as an HBO fan, i have to recommend The Knick to those who like Penny Dreadful, etc. set in a NYC hospital around 1907 or so, covers a variety of things for that area of that city, medical discoveries, opium dens, and so on.

Good opening show for the new season. who knew it would last this long with this premise?

I also looked forward to the opener of Once Upon a Time which didn't disappoint. I liked season 3 enough I will most likely get the set as an Xmas present for my mother who is a Wizard of Oz fan.

And as an HBO fan, i have to recommend The Knick to those who like Penny Dreadful, etc. set in a NYC hospital around 1907 or so, covers a variety of things for that area of that city, medical discoveries, opium dens, and so on.

Finished Penny dreadful and loved it. Halfway thrust the knick and love it even more!

Six Feet Under - I watched it a few years ago when it first came out. I find myself watching it again now in re-runs.

• Like 1

I love any show to do with the supernatural and/or apocalypse, even if it's terrible. With that in mind, here are a few I've been enjoying:

Witches of East End

Penny Dreadful

The Strain

Under the Dome

Falling Skies

(I obviously also love American Horror Story, the Walking Dead, True Blood, etc, but I'm pretty sure those have been mentioned).

I LOVE Penny Dreadful! That and Hannibal are probably my two favorite shows on right now. Eva Green never fails to blow my mind lol. I thought it was a travesty that she didn't get even nominated for an Emmy for PD. That séance scene.....insane performance!

Also really liking the Strain. I found the first couple of episodes to be duds but stuck with it because I had read the books....glad I did. It really picks up about a quarter of the way through the season.