What is your favorite dog breed and why

Some know I'm an avid dog lover, and perhaps blab to much about them, but when you love something it can be consuming. Anyway for all the other dog lovers here, what is your favorite breed, pure or mixed and why?

Even though I own two of a different breed my favorite is the pit-or really any of the bully breeds, just love how they look and pits especially are so athletic, a contradiction of intimidating looks and such a friendly disposition, can't get enough of this breed.:icon_biggrin:

• Like 1

I like dogs in general, but I've had mutts, big and furry, that you can wrestle with and who are unconditionally loving. I can't have a dog right now because I travel so much, and a good friend on here consoled me the day my last one passed on. It was a very emotional meeting!

I like dogs in general, but I've had mutts, big and furry, that you can wrestle with and who are unconditionally loving. I can't have a dog right now because I travel so much, and a good friend on here consoled me the day my last one passed on. It was a very emotional meeting!

Mutts are wonderful hardy dogs, so sorry for your loss. But when we love something, the day will come when we have to say our goodbyes. I lost my last dog and my father, pretty much in the same time span, heartbreaking, but time does help with the healing and you love again.

Guest *ig*a**

My self I love Rotweillers as my Avatar shows they are dependable and very loyal also they are a good protector of the family

I'm not a fan of the really "girly" dogs, and I think it's gotta be difficult to have a really big dog like a Great Dane because of their limited lifespan. Hard enough to lose a companion after 15 or 17 years, let alone every 5 or 6.

I'm not a fan of the really "girly" dogs, and I think it's gotta be difficult to have a really big dog like a Great Dane because of their limited lifespan. Hard enough to lose a companion after 15 or 17 years, let alone every 5 or 6.

Oh now- "girly dogs" :icon_lol: really no such things as a dog is a dog is a dog. Any dog will and can be all you make it. Some of the smaller breeds have a reputation for being yappy, nippy and foo, fooey and some become like this because they are babied and treated wrong, not like a dog. But if you treat a small/med or big dog as it should be then it will be "a dog".:icon_biggrin: By the way I have met more than a few large breed owners/ of berners, mastiffs, danes who have been lucky to have their big loves for 9-11 yrs, with improved food andvet care these big guys and gals are living longer than ever.

Lookin to buy a Shiba Inu.

They are just so cute. If not one of those, then a pug. The SO wants one.. Lol.

I don't know much about the Shiba's but the pugs are wonderful, wonderful dogs, loved as much by guys and gals. They are shedders, so be prepared to be covered in hair,lol, but just a minor inconvenience for all you get. If you do decide to choose one of these wonerful dogs please select from a very reputable breeder, or rescue group. As their short noses can be quite a problem, especially in hot weather. Good luck, no matter what breed you choose it will be as good as you allow it to be.

Edited by cr**tyc***es

I have Sheltie, very smart loyal dog, easy to train. But looses hair easily. always cleaning up after him. but great with kids. Also have a yorkie poo. very small dog, cute :)

Additional Comments:

I have Sheltie, very smart loyal dog, easy to train. But looses hair easily. always cleaning up after him. but great with kids. Also have a yorkie poo. very small dog, cute :)

I never met a dog I didn't love. Currently, the love of my life is an old retired hunting beagle. We're not sure exactly how old. Hell, we're not even really sure who he is. Everybody calls him something different.

I call him "Dude," but recently, due to his skill in getting me to put out with the treats, that's sort of morphed into "Cube."

We have taken in rescued dogs for thirty years, and usually had four at a time. We just have the one fella now, but our house has become the favourite destination for dogggies of friends and neighbours when their families are out-of-town. Some weekends, we have several staying here. We love it! It reminds me of what people say about grandkids: we get to spoil them, enjoy them, and then send them home! Too easy! ;)

• Like 1

For me, it would be a Pomeranian

310_giggy_111011.jpg

Or

Bischon Frise

946356002.jpg

I swear.. I love all these types of small dogs..I treat pets as if they are my babies. I like to dress little dogs up, baby them and take them with me. When I was a young child, I had a white toy minature poodle. He was so cute and went everywhere with us!

• Like 1

I've never been much for yappy little lapdogs. I prefer large beasts.

If wolves were legal as pets I would totally dig that....but alas.

But really, my favorite breed is the Dogue De Bordeaux aka French Mastiff.

I know I probably will never be able to get one until after I retire, apparently they're very friendly but also require a lot of attention and training. It's not the type of dog I would be able to leave at home alone all day, unless I was willing to buy new furniture every week :p But I personally think they're just about the most adorable thing I've ever laid eyes on.

And as for why I want one? Because of this movie, and this scene in particular lol. When i first saw this I said to myself "Yup, I gotta get me one of those":

dogue_de_bordeaux_05a_puppies_for_sale.jpg

• Like 2

I always wanted a Siberian Husky

Siberian-Husky-20.jpg

Maybe if I get one I could dogsled to Ottawa this winter and try to see if it will fit in Nicki's and Meg's purse ;)

• Like 1

I always wanted a Siberian Husky

Siberian-Husky-20.jpg

Maybe if I get one I could dogsled to Ottawa this winter and try to see if it will fit in Nicki's and Meg's purse ;)

Haha. I will never forget the day my cat ran out of the house and saw a Siberian Husky lift his leg on my lawn while the owner was walking him. My cat went apeshit and ran right up to him and jumped him. And still once the owner regained her composure with the dog, my cat was still chasing him down the street! It was a sight to see that day. lol. The same cat also jumped a Rotweiller right in front of me when he was temporarily staying with someone I knew. He was crazy!

Well, as for me...

I love poodles. That was my first pet as little girl.

For my favourite pet name it would be "Georgie."

Although I have never owned a dog, I think if I had my choice, I'd probably get me one of these.

Shih Apso

ShihApso18monthsOldShihLhasaMix.JPG

I love big pups, like the Irish Wolfhound, a pony-sized breed, but is extremely gentle and docile, who like to cuddle!!

As some of you know, I also trained dogs for mobility assist to help out people with mobility issues. Labs (of course) a breed that wants to please its master all the time, German Shepherds are a breed that are very loyal, smart and also good protectors and oddly enough, Standard Poodles who are brilliant, easy to train, little or no fur flying around, and without the goofy hair cuts, are a pretty breed as well.

• Like 2

I am a big fan of the terrier breeds. They are a lot of dog often wrapped up in a small package.

I have a Westie right now, and although she looks like a cute little pup, she is also 22 lbs of muscles, teeth and attitude. Of course you tend to forget that when she wants to curl up beside you, or decides it is time to wash your face with her tongue.

• Like 1

I am a big fan of the terrier breeds. They are a lot of dog often wrapped up in a small package.

I have a Westie right now, and although she looks like a cute little pup, she is also 22 lbs of muscles, teeth and attitude. Of course you tend to forget that when she wants to curl up beside you, or decides it is time to wash your face with her tongue.

My Westie picked my husband out for me. I was dating a lot of different guys, but she had no use for any of them. She'd always get between me and whatever guy was around, and try to get my attention.

Until the day she met the man who would become my husband. She was head over heels for him at first sight, and followed him everywhere. I figured, if he was good enough for Katie, he was good enough for me. She made an excellent choice for us.

• Like 2