Long time members, no posts

I am curious how active members of Cerb feel about members who never make a post. I know some are referred to as "Lurkers", but do you feel there is a certain obligation to contribute, that comes with being a member of Cerb.

I have no feeling either way. I was a lurker for a long time. Situation changed, I began to post. Would be interesting to look at how many longtime no-posters haven't even logged in for months or years. I'd wager there are many accounts that are totally dormant.

Guest *ig*a**

At one tome or another Iam sure we were all lurkers in one way or another but contributing is Iam guessing scary for some people but not contributing doesn't enhance ones experience here.

Posted via Mobile Device

I was also a lurker for a few weeks before piping up. I had originally signed up just to get access to the ladies' recommendations and pictures.

I suspect this may be the case for many members.

I then decided I wanted my cerb handle to have a person behind it, so that when I decided to contact a lady, there would be more than just the handle.

I don't actually know if an active cerb handle actually if has value in this manner, though.

since the main reason for joining is to find service providers, I do not see any thing wrong with simply reading the adverts and recommendations and perhaps lurking around the general discussion areas

• Like 1

I think it really depends on what you want from the site, and that's different for each member. I lurked or many years, but now I'm home with time on my hands, I've tried to contribute to the dialogue. I think too you can get more from a site like this if you do participate, but each to his own.

• Like 1

There is no obligation at all. For myself this has become a part of my daily routine and when I do choose to write it could be on something frivolous, something serious, something possibly helpful and usually something positive and those things ultimately all help me in some way.

What I do miss are the posts from some people who were prolific in the past, who always wrote so positively in the public forums and who have become only occasional posters or in some cases non-posters.

Each member has their own reason to post or for choosing not to, and for them the reasons are 100% valid.

I also miss the joke section, or if its here I cannot find it!

There is no obligation at all. For myself this has become a part of my daily routine and when I do choose to write it could be on something frivolous, something serious, something possibly helpful and usually something positive and those things ultimately all help me in some way.

What I do miss are the posts from some people who were prolific in the past, who always wrote so positively in the public forums and who have become only occasional posters or in some cases non-posters.

Each member has their own reason to post or for choosing not to, and for them the reasons are 100% valid.

I also miss the joke section, or if its here I cannot find it!

I found it

http://www.cerb.ca/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=73

• Like 1

Guest F***tyF**rari

Since I am just starting out I was concerned about possibly making dates with those long time members with no posts. I wasn't sure if that should be a red flag for me or not, thanks for this post it has relaxed me in that no posts does not necessarily mean anything bad about them.

Well, this is a recommendation board first and foremost. If people want to use this useful resource for this purpose only, it's ok with me. Of course it would be more fun with even more feedback in threads and on recos but hey, not everyone feels that they have something important to contribute to a discussion.

Oh yeah; there is also the caveat that "if you have nothing nice to say, say nothing at all". Just kidding lol.

• Like 1

I LOVE lurkers! They make up 90% of my client base and the other 10% isn't even online...

cat

• Like 1

I can say from speaking to more than a few of these "lurkers" I believe or so I have been told, it is about their discretion, some don't contribute because they want to keep a low profile(perhaps from a fear of being found out):icon_cool: and log in from time to time to check out and to pick from who is around at their time of interest. Makes sense to me and I guess it is their right, for the same reasons many of these men will not post reco's.

Really it is personal. Now I do think by posting you not only use the board, you do contribute to it as well.

And some ladies requiring as part of verification a board handle, want some posting history behind that handle. Someone who has a handle, but no posts, well his handle isn't going to count for much in the verification process. Something guys might wish to keep in mind

But you get out of a board what you put in, IMHO

RG

Guest C**Tra****er

It certainly comes down to personal preference and everyone's situation is different.

I didn't post on here nor was I active for a very long period. I rarely even lurked. Sometimes life gets in the way. My mother was very ill and lost her battle with cancer, I bought and renovated a house and my job with the federal government is very busy. On top of that one of my favorite ladies moved away and a year or so passes very quickly!

I've recently come back and have started to contribute again. I don't feel an obligation to post but I like the friendly and erotic conversations on cerb.

I have realized that it is impossible to look at boobs and bums all day and not post !!! ;) Its either that or talk to myself and that is no fun now is it.

To each his own....the more participation the better but it isn't for everyone.

I have over 2000 posts and probably didn't say anything relatively worthwile in there....the odd decent joke that brings a smile and that's about it

Anywhoooooo

King Notch Johnson had to leave his Fripple Kingdom in Ottawa for some business.

He was afraid that his only daughter would be taken advantage of by some of the guards because she was a very deep sleeper. So before he left, he slipped a razor blade between the lips of her vagina.

King Johnson left. That night, three of the guards did plan to shag the Princess rotten baby.

The first guard went into her room. From outside of the room, the other two guards listened. Suddenly, they heard the first guard scream. He came out. The other two guards asked why he screamed. Embarrassed, he said that it was so good that he couldn't control himself. This made the other two smile.

The second guard went in. After some time? Ahhhhh!!! The second guard came out. The third guard asked what happened. Just as embarrassed as the first guard, the second guard said that it felt so good that he couldn't control himself. The third guard smiled.

The third guard went into the room. He went up to the Princess and lifted her dress. Outside, the other two Guards listened. Mmmmmhhhh!?! The other two Guards took off!

The next morning, King Notch came back after his business trip. He suspected that his Guards tried to fuck his daughter. He told them to drop their pants. Each of them did. Two of them had sliced dicks, but the third one didn't ?. Confused, King Notch asked the third guard why ?

He stuck his tongue out and said, "I neba pry fuk ur dahta, I wet lik ur dahta ! "

• Like 1

I too originally became a member to make a decision about seeing a provider. This was followed by an extended period where I was very busy and travelling quite a lot. I now find myself at home for extended periods of time and hope to become a contributing member.

However as stated above, the primary function of this 'recommendation' board is to recommend providers. If that is all some members use it for, that is fine with me.

It depends what you want to get out of being a member. As with most things, it seems you get out in proportion to what you put in.

I was a lurker for a few months because I had no or little experience in this lifestyle but after being on a few dates with wonderful ladies it gave me the knowledge to share with so many of you folks.

I'm happy to share my experience with you all and see what experience others had on here.

Guest N***he**Ont**y

Everyone who decides to post has to decide what he or she wants to post about and how much to disclose about the hobby. I chose to post Humor as it reflects on my sense of humor and I feel I can contribute that way. Posting recommendations is a different matter as I value my privacy: I did attempt to post a couple of recommendations but felt very uncomfortable doing it. Active participation is my choice but no one should feel obligated to post if they dont feel comfortable with it.

713 posts in 6 years likely makes me more of a lurker than a poster at least compared to some of the more prodigious posters who are in the thousands in far less time. In fact I find myself lurking more now than posting. I think cerb is like any other social media, at first it's new and shiny then the newness fades. Twitter is new and shiny for me these days.

Peace

MG

As a new member to CERB, I find imput on the site very intriguing.

Wide range of topics and info all in one place. With being a newly discovered hobbyist, i really enjoy it and will contribute to all the intelligent banter. Cheers.

I don't think you'd see as many members with no posts if it was easy or possible to search the site without joining the site. I think a lot of the time, membership (maybe this accounts for many member accounts that are dormant) is dependent on how a site is set up ?

If the zero posts guys knew that posts could be used as a screening tool for the sps who advertise here, they might do a bit more posts from time to time, but not all sps set up to screen that way anyway.

I do know if a zero post member wants to friend me, I'll just say no because I don't know them, they haven't sent me any kind of notes, and I don't know why they want to be my friend. That way too my friends list has some kind of meaning, because I 'know' who they are. :)

I am curious how active members of Cerb feel about members who never make a post. I know some are referred to as "Lurkers", but do you feel there is a certain obligation to contribute, that comes with being a member of Cerb.

I think they're missing out, but that's not my problem :) It would be nice if those who benefit from recos would post their own, but as far as the rest of the site goes... no, I don't think there's any obligation at all.

One thing that's worth saying is that lurkers vastly outnumber active members online, and that this applies to everything, everywhere. It's not even an 80/20 rule - the usual rule of thumb is that a 90/9/1 rule applies between lurkers/occasional contributors/regular contributors.

For those who are interested in this kind of stuff... this is worth a look. There's a lot more material out there for those inclined to google a bit.