Have you watched any good movies lately?

I saw The Big Short recently and it was very good. I had been avoiding it for a while as I knew that it breaks down the economic crash and the link to the US housing market for the viewer... the sociopaths behind it and so on... so I knew it wasn't going to leave me feeling too great. I was therefor awaiting the right time to watch it. I finally did and it was really good in the way of being informative but also entertaining, which surprised me. I had been expecting more of a documentary style movie. (I do love Docs, don't get me wrong) Most importantly, they did their very best to balance out the depression and hopelessness it was sure to leave you with, with good satire and a ring of hope for change. Instead of leaving you slumped and thinking, 'Hurumph' it inspires you to do something about it. I was just impressed that they managed to make me laugh a little as they told me of how the entire world went to shit lol

Not a movie Id recommend for a date night or anything. Be careful of the timing, but do watch it. Being informed has little to do with being happy right?

Besides, you can always follow it up with The Incredible Bruce Wonderstone which is a great comedy featuring Steve Buccemi and Steve Carrel.

• Like 2

Manchester by the Sea. I'm not normally a fan of family trauma movies but went to this one on a whim yesterday. It's exceptionally well acted, intense, and moving. Not easy viewing in many ways but well done.

• Like 1

During my trip to TO I dropped in on some loved ones for a few days and watched Purge II and III. Very good sequels that escape The Curse of the Third Sequel. I usually am not that into slasher flicks as they don't remotely scare me. But these are so much more than the knives and blood. These flicks are a critique on society and the human condition and our sudden lack for empathy with mob mentality. I look forward to the future of the series as I believe they will branch off to the inclusion of other crimes, beyond good old fashioned murder. Definitely not for everyone. But imho, I loved them.

Guest Prufrock Cummings

I re-watched No Country for Old Men this past weekend. It is one of those rare films that is actually more enjoyable on a second viewing. I still loved the ending!

Guest Prufrock Cummings
Got to love it when you stumble across a movie you know nothing about, not even who is in it, and then start watching it only to get totally sucked in whereby you can't take your eyes off it come...

Hell or High Water

The Dude is phenomenal in this!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2582782/

Chris Pine said he has a huge man-crush on The Dude after working with him in that movie.

The Dude rules!

Guest n*gu**6

The Adjustment Bureau. Edge of your seat. Interesting concept and good acting, along with enough action to keep you engaged.

Re-watched "Sully". Enjoyed it even more the second time. Feel good story given the teamwork to save all 155 on board in mid-January.

• Like 1

I went to see that movie "Founder"... the story about Ray Kroc and how McDonalds was created. Michael Keaton played a great version of Ray. Although it was a great movie, I no longer have respect for the McDonald's Corporation.

Guest n*gu**6

Hachi - A fact based story about the relationship between a dog and his owner, starring Richard Gere

Guest Prufrock Cummings

Hiroshima mon amour. I saw it back in my university days and re-watched it yesterday. It is almost 60 years old now, and still mesmerizes me.

There' something about Mary , re-watched it, still funny, more cussing than I remember.

Manchester by the sea, sad movie, with all the hype I was expecting more but still good.

• Like 1

Guest n*gu**6

13 Hours - A somewhat fact-based account of the cluster at Benghazi.

Decently acted

Finally watched the 2009 movie "Dorian Gray" based on the classic novel. Interesting seeing how it was depicted on screen.