Lyla users and their pets

2 cats ... I've had two cats (different pairs) for pretty much the last 25 years.

Having said that, I really am much more of a dog person. I really would very much like a dog right now. But sadly that doesn't seem to be on the horizon.

Porthos

• Like 1

Guest N***he**Ont**y

Meet Cody Prince Of Thieves! Where there is food there is Cody.

BKEdyk-CMAApyx0.jpg

Guest Ot**w***og****n

One sweet ginger cat. I adopted her about five years ago about a month after my last cat had to be put down due to lymphoma at the age of 15 which broke my heart as she was a lovely little girl. I'm always happy having a nice cat in my home.

Difference between Dogs and Cats :)

dogs-vs-cats.jpg

So true ... so true, but I do find Bagheera (who is a cat) waiting to be fed while lounging by the door. I like to think she's most certainly awaiting my arrival with great anticipation. I dream BIG!

There seems to be a lot of kind animal lovers on cerb.

We have almost enough for a small petting zoo here :)

Note to self.

Cerb women love animals, they also love men.

But,

I'm not sure who comes first on the list?

Pet's or Hobbyist? LOL

• Like 3

There seems to be a lot of kind animal lovers on cerb.

We have almost enough for a small petting zoo here :)

Note to self.

Cerb women love animals, they also love men.

But,

I'm not sure who comes first on the list?

Pet's or Hobbyist? LOL

As Hobbyiests, aren't we their pets as well? Haha

• Like 4

Guest B**na***oy

I have the standard dog cat pair. I'll tell you, it takes a very confident man to walk down the street with a freshly groomed Shih tzu. LOL

Guest R**ee**ov***9

I have 4 dogs.. A mom (German shepherd - miniature retriever x pitbull) a dad(lab/Rottweiler x border collie) & 2 of their pups both males. Mom: Riley Rae looks like a brindle mini retriever Dad: Titan looks like a black lab Shadow/Cuddles: looks like a Rottweiler with long ears but black lab colours & Coast Guard/Smoochie: looks like a German shepherd with long ears but black lab colours.. Pups are 8 months ATM

I have the standard dog cat pair. I'll tell you, it takes a very confident man to walk down the street with a freshly groomed Shih tzu. LOL

I love it when I see a man walking with a fluffy little fur baby it always makes me smile, I'd rather see that than a man with a lab, that's so typical:)

• Like 1

Guest B**na***oy

I understand. That dog is a chick magnet. That's too bad, I'm only into meting MA/SPs, but if I ever need to get back in the market again, my dog is my secret weapon of Mass Attraction. ;-)

I love it when I see a man walking with a fluffy little fur baby it always makes me smile, I'd rather see that than a man with a lab, that's so typical:)

I currently have 2 puppies and have had a menagerie of dogs, cats, birds and fish over the years; but the one who's been with me the longest and has given his Mom the most trouble, is this little bugger. He used to pee in my bed when he was mad at me, but thankfully we've overcome a lot together (2 mattresses later). Pugs hate 2 things more than anything. Getting their teeth brushed and getting their nails cut. When going for a nail trim, you'd think someone was trying to murder him at the vet's, but they're used to it, he's 12! And since he refuses to let me brush his teeth, his breath smells like hot, funky garbage. In any case, some may think his is a face only a mother could love; and it must be, cuz I do!

th_photo.jpg

• Like 4

Its known that I'm an animal lover/advocate and love everything from mice to fish. I grew up having just about every pet one could have budgies, fish, turtles, guinea pigs, dogs, cats. I have rescued many cats/dogs, rehoming them and continue to help with many rescue groups buying supplies, vet care, volunteering. I currently have two dogs that I adore, one I took in last summer from a puppy mill in the states, who has caused me to cut back on some of my charity as her vet bills have been tremendous and continue to be as she is soon to have acl surgery.

I relate better to animals as their bond is really unexplainable, you have to experience it to understand it. They will never use you, steal from you, lie to you, intentionally hurt you, nor will they ever let you feel unappreciated, they are worth more then their weight in gold, more than words can describe and to me the best kind of love is the love you receive from a pet:)

After all when was the last time an animal started a war, polluted the planet, killed out of spite, destroyed nature, wasted anything. Nope those are all human traits, and yet we consider ourselves to be the superior species yet the only species destroying this planet, interesting!

I have a grey cat, adopted, well rescued him when he was a feral kitten. The humane society was going to try to adopt him, if he didn't get adopted they were going to fix him and return him to the feral colony he came from. Lucky for him I guess I came along. He prefers his warm apartment to the outdoors, in fact he hasn't even tried to go outdoors

But I have to disagree with you Cristy, my cat is a little thief. He sees a pen or pencil, he'll grab it an run off with it hiding it, either in my bed, in the spare room or behind the couch. He also runs off with papers and at night he's been known to steal my glasses (now I put them in the drawer in my bedside table)

But I do agree, they are worth more than their weight in gold. Non pet owners might not understand, but pets aren't animals, they are part of your family. And if I see any touring lady who has her dog or cat along, not a problem to bring to my hotel, I completely understand being a pet owner

RG

• Like 4

I have one dog ;a Lab-Shepherd mix.

she love to swim. she loves to cuddles but at the same time is very protective.

I love her so much she has helped me through so much.

She is a wonderful dog and I am so lucky to have her.

Edited by R***n R**n
  • Like 4

Guest R**ee**ov***9

I had a hard time attaching a photo so I just put my pups in a photo album on my profile..

Additional Comments:

I added a few pictures of my babies to the group FIDO

(Friendly Interactive Dog Owners)

Here's the link..

http://www.cerb.ca/vbulletin/group.php?groupid=82

I hope you love them and think they're as cute as I do.. :)

Take care and have a terrific day!!

<3. xoxoxox

Being a country girl I've always been surrounded by animals, now living in the city I have my Australian shepherd and 2 female rats. They're great companions :)

Wait, did someone say that a pet will never steal from you??? That has not been my experience. I live with dogs and cats. Unguarded food is not safe around either, and I've caught them making off with or holing away everything from glasses to emery boards to earbuds to cash and more. Shameless little thieves!

• Like 2