Lyla users and their pets

Guest N***he**Ont**y

I will have a new house mate in approximately two weeks named Pepper.He is a rescue 10 months old and is a Minature Schnauzer

check out this cute video

Bull Terrier Shiva the dog LOVES Baby Chicks "Exotic Massage"

Awww, thank you for sharing that sweet video, bull terriers are one of my favorite breeds.

I have two min pins, both senior ladies, one with disc issues, a past disc surgery and the other with eye issues, glaucoma and hemorrhaging in the other eye, to which we are trying to find the cause. If I may say for anyone with dogs with eye issues in the Maritimes Dr's Cullen and Webb in Moncton are fabulous, some of the best vets I've encountered.

Edited by cr**tyc***es
spelling
  • Like 1

Nice thread! I'm always curious about others and their pets.

I have a cat, dog, 5ft snake, hermit crabs, tarantula and a black trap door spider. And yes, I play with all of them. Except the trapdoor

I've noticed a lot of the women of Lyla are animals lovers. Most of them seem to have one or two pets, mostly dogs and cats. Some have snakes and other reptiles. But all of them really love their companions.

I seem to get along with most of them, as I've been living in a small zoo for the last 20 years because of my daughter's love of animals. Most of them are interesting, but there is nothing better then the love and loyalty of a dog. A cat isn't as loyal and most of them are pretty independent. Or maybe it is because they think I look like a dog. or could it be my long hanging tongue lol.

What kind of pets do you have?

• Like 1

This year we lost two dogs to old age:(. My daughter got a mutt who turned out to be a big dog that is handsome, but stubborn and chews everything. I just got a new puppy a couple of weeks ago, forgot about the puppy training. we are in the midst of replacing our floors with ceramic tiles. He keeps peeing and pooping in the house :(. My daughter always wanted a pony, Well she bought herself a miniature horse. It's less then 3 feet tall, but she can't ride it. But she is happy :) Anybody get any new pets lately?

The zoo is getting bigger. My daughter decided to get bigger horse that she can now ride.

But she got rid of her giant bird cage with some finches yesterday. :)

I've noticed that most of the women of Lyla are pet luvers.

Seems like most of them have dogs, mostly little ones.

Tell us about what pets you have ?

I won't post pics of my dogs and cats...That's for my personal Facebook. However, I am a lover of animal rescue, and will help any animal in need...

I support many rescue sites...I will give my last dollar to them. So, if anyone wishes to gift anything, please think about the animals that need help. There are so many.

I won't start downloading videos, as it gets my heart crying...However, if you can help JUST ONE ANIMAL...Please do. They need everyone's help.

It takes a village to stop the abuse and neglect. xo

• Like 5

You have a Golden Doodle wow i have a friend that has one they are such great dogs in every ways every time i go see my friend i bring a litle treat dont need to say that every time i go see him he is verry happy to se me lol

• Like 1

My cat literally took a chunk out of the palm of my hand biting me yesterday when I was petting him. Then he flew out of the house and climbed up a tree. lol... He is a fiesty little one... kind of like his owner. ;)

• Like 1

As far as 'funny' pets.. I had a Green Front Amazon Parrot who would literally steal chicken (yes... chicken!!) out of your hand.. off your plate.. and make growling noises when once back in his cage, tearing it all apart... freaky little monster that guy was ...and very creepy to watch/hear when he did that...;)

I also had an albino Leopard Gecko who, when she would hear the 'click' of a camera.. would turn her head, arch her back.. and 'pose' near the front of her tank.... if there was no camera noise.. she could care less if you were there watching her lol too funny

.....as a rather huge animal fanatic, at one point... all at the same time.. I had; a 87lb puppy (Akita), a female cat with 5 kittens, a male cat from previous litter.... a parrot, a chinchilla, 27 rats (yes.. you read right.. I bred them for pet stores)...and in a few very large custom tanks I had 40-something fish....8 frogs, 20 shrimp and an eel.... and one daughter had a pink-kneed tarantula hehe ours was the most frequented house in the neighborhood hehe most of my children's friends wouldn't believe we had that many pets.... <grin>

of course... when you walked in, you couldn't tell.. my home and all my babies were very well taken care of.. spoiled.. to a point hehe and very much doted upon/loved :)

• Like 2

Pet lovers are such a concerned group of people. I recently found out that my dog had run away from the dog sitter that my daughter had hired. She had gone away for a week vacation and wanted the dogs to be looked after instead of being in a crate for most of the day. The dog sitter told me on tuesday that my dog had escaped. But he did not tell me that he had escaped on Sunday. I guess he was hoping to find him first. My daughter was upset and using facebook and websites organized search parties. when she got back we wondered in neighbour hoods where there were possible sightings. People who heard us calling his name. Came up to us immediatedly and asked us if we were looking for a cat or dog. And said they would keep their eyes out for him.

Short story after 7 days and a big search party we found our dog safe and sound. A bit cold and hungry. But thanks to friends and a network of people who look for lost animals on facebook. We were able to find our lost pet :)

• Like 2

3 cats. One is 16. The other two are under a year old. I foster stray cats on the regular and habilitated them and get them the homes they deserve.

Guess I'm a crazy cat lady.

• Like 1

Have always been a dog owner except for a brief time while dating a crazy cat lady. I enjoyed my cat at that time but have since had two rescue dogs. My current one is a loveable knucklehead, she plays the part of a big dumb dog really well while all the time is fully aware of what she is doing. I am pretty sure she could be in M.E.N.S.A, probably has a Iq of 150+.

I have had or fostered everything from turtles, hamsters, rats (my favorite so smart and affectionate), fish, parrot, spiders, a sheep, cow, horses and a very angry and disgruntled llama ( was so happy to see him go as he would spit, bite and kick you any chance he got)

Way, way back while working at a pet store we initiated the first collaboration between the Humane Society and a pet store to offer pets up for adoption instead of pushing dogs and cats for profit from sketchy breeders. It was pretty hard to convince both parties it would be mutually beneficial for us to do but thankfully in the end it worked.

There is nothing better than being woken up by your dog licking your face until the time you wake up to see them vigorously cleaning their backside the try to greet you for the morning.

• Like 1

I love all animals and have a dog. He's not what I ever pictured myself having, as he is a poodle (18 lbs) and I tend to gravitate towards bigger to mi-sized dogs.

He's a rescue who pretty much fell into my lap 10 years ago and I just celebrated his 14th birthday In November. He's a real diva sometimes and too smart for his own good.

He's not just a pet to me though, he's part of my family and I love the little bugger!

• Like 3

any more interesting pets or pet related stories to tell. I know that most of the providers here seem to be pet lovers :)

My handsome. I found him as a kitten. He appeared to be in good health but looked as though someone simply dumped him. Found him one Sunday morning near the Ottawa River and took him home. The rest is history. My two older cats at the time HATED him! Lol

IMG_4711.jpg

Total tomcat in every way. Lol. He loves the outdoors.

• Like 1

Seems like my Dog vs Cat thread is getting popular again. But people are talking about birds and rabbit son it. lol. So thought I would bump this thread so that you can talk about your other pet experiences.

Guest lydiahardwood

With all the negativity going on at the moment, I feel like this thread needs a bit of a revival. So here's a picture of my kitty, Mazakeen, or Maze for short. Yes, I named her after a demon. 😉 

WhatsApp Image 2020-04-14 at 19.00.46.jpeg

Beatrix test driving her gift from Amazon

And caused the toilet paper shortage in town

Yes she was a rescued cat (kitten) from a shelter...just no one has said when I get saved

from her LOL

RG

easterbeatrix2.jpg

thumbnail_20191102_103915.jpg

• Like 3