Lyla users and their pets

I have a grey cat, adopted, well rescued him when he was a feral kitten. The humane society was going to try to adopt him, if he didn't get adopted they were going to fix him and return him to the feral colony he came from. Lucky for him I guess I came along. He prefers his warm apartment to the outdoors, in fact he hasn't even tried to go outdoors

But I have to disagree with you Cristy, my cat is a little thief. He sees a pen or pencil, he'll grab it an run off with it hiding it, either in my bed, in the spare room or behind the couch. He also runs off with papers and at night he's been known to steal my glasses (now I put them in the drawer in my bedside table)

But I do agree, they are worth more than their weight in gold. Non pet owners might not understand, but pets aren't animals, they are part of your family. And if I see any touring lady who has her dog or cat along, not a problem to bring to my hotel, I completely understand being a pet owner

RG

My cat Willie loves to take stuff and hide it too. He really isn't stealing it, he is playing hide and seek. He does the hiding, and expects me to do the seeking. He started this at about 6 months old, he will be 2 in September and is way better at the game than I am. I always know who will be waiting to greet me at the door when get home.

My old cat almost made a client of mine trip on my spiral staircase recently. I once tripped over him as a result and sprained my ankle. My other cat tries to bite my feet.

I found this picture from a few years ago...my orange tabby as a kitten getting into it with the neighbor's cat. He would often come to the door and I'd let him in to play. My cat ending beating on him and you can see the broken vent in the background. Nuff' said! lol.

cat_011.jpg?noCache=1377923805

Guest ChantalSummers

I just got a Bengal kitten a few days ago. I'm in love!! She's so adorable and playful!! She even the perfect little cuddler!! She'll cuddle for hours. I only have pics of her on my phone but this is what bengals look like ;):

tumblr_luggvtpShc1qmes7go1_400.jpg

My pet history has leaned to the somewhat exotic zone and because of discretionary needs I will not elaborate other than to say they have all been wonderful. My current little boys are sooo human centric! I have ever seen a pet so very attuned to its humans schedule. Truly an infatuation even though they drive me nuts.

Today was "patch" day at my house. I spent all day sewing patches on clothing and upholstery. With a 1-year-old puppy in the house, nothing's getting replaced or reupholstered for at least another year.

One of the cats I rescued is thriving and doing well. He is an old cat, and when I got him, he was lifeless and skin and bones. Got him neutered, blood work and regular food he is a different man all together now.

He is the most active of the cats, and is really a lunatic with toys (even pizza boxes will entertain him for hours). He is the king of the cats now, and chases off any "stray" cats that venture on my property. Quite the crazy guy but such a sweetheart.

Anyone's dog's getting old and feeble. I have too old dogs, one sheltie that has joint problems, a small yorki-poo that is 15, seems to be going deaf and blind. Either that, or she is just ignoring my commands now. Going to have to get her a seeing eye person soon lol.

It's sad to see them slow down after they grew up with my kids. The kids are all in university and have busy lives and spend less time with the dogs. they stay by the door waiting for my daughter to come home at night. Pretty sad, too see them grow old and feeble. Probably only another year or two for them. It's too bad :(

Nice pussy Chantal :icon_wink:

I just got a Bengal kitten a few days ago. I'm in love!! She's so adorable and playful!! She even the perfect little cuddler!! She'll cuddle for hours. I only have pics of her on my phone but this is what bengals look like ;):

tumblr_luggvtpShc1qmes7go1_400.jpg

When I first saw this thread,I thought it was a bit silly......pet people can be a bit strange.......ok my, my name is muncher and I have pets, 4 dogs and two cats. In mt defense I got "custody of the critters" when my wifr and I separated this spring. At times I find them annoying and feel tied down because no matter what I need to be there to take care of them. But you know....there is an upside to this as well....my welcome homes are incredibly high energy....there are good company for the most part(bad habits are part of the deal...they put up with mine with no problem)...I never go to sleep or wake up in an empty bed, and the responsibility of caring for them is probably a very good thing in my life right now. I have considered reduce my crew size, but I always don't follow through because, all in all, they are good company, and I don't to start making that kind of decision right now

Guest realnicehat

WTF Cleo? That is just wrong!

You can't have Sophia in a Return of the Jedi costume with A New Hope wig.

I'm calling the Humane Society ;)

Only had 2 dogs in my life. In my early years we had a fox terrier with a stubby tail and a mischievous streak. He would wake me up at 4am to tell me he had to go to the bathroom. I would wait (half awake) at the door until he came back to be let in. He would bark until I opened the door...stand there looking at me...then fuck off for a little romp. Repeat 4-5 times just for laughs. Extra funny in the Winter. I laughed until I stopped.

Second dog - American Eskimo-ish. This guy is still with us, but getting pretty ancient. In his younger years, he would have made a great used car salesman. I would teach him some tricks like rolling over, etc...then give him a treat. Well, he liked the treat part more than the trick. We would ask him to roll over, but if he didn't feel like it, he would just sort of turn around, smile as if to say: "Tah-Dah!!", hope we didn't notice then bug us for the treat.

Dad was a Veterinarian. He worked at OVC as a prof and took me on occasion to help out at the farm. One time, we had to round-up some turkeys, corral them & put them to bed. What a pain in the hiney. And you thought herding cats was difficult?? On the educational side, let me tell you, as a 7 yr old, I saw some really weird shit at the college. Did you know pigs will scream like bloody murder when you try to draw a blood sample from their ears?

Edited by Jabba

I am so sad right now. My big boy Vinny is in unexpected surgery right now after a trip to the emergency vet clinic for something that I thought wasn't going to be a big deal. He's pretty tough and resilient, so I have a lot of hope that he will be alright, but it still sucks. He's the friendliest cat I've ever met in my whole life, and a pile of playful fluffy cuddly sucky awesomeness. My animals are like my children, so when they are sick or sad, I feel it too. :(

Here's him cuddling with Milo:

tumblr_mvasa7Okby1s37j8no1_1280.jpg

And here he is playing it cool after he got stuck in a pair of my underwear while playing in the laundry:

tumblr_mvasa7Okby1s37j8no2_1280.jpg

And the infamous "Bros" photo:

tumblr_mmwiz6YiBZ1s37j8no2_r1_1280.jpg

Please send hugs our way for Vinny's successful surgery and speedy recovery. :)

• Like 6