Tattoos - Love them or Hate them

Me personally I don't have any tattoos. I grew up in an era that tattoos were worn by soldiers, sailors and inmates. And I almost had one back in my army days, not by choice, I was drunk, and a couple buddies were going to chip in and get me tattooed. Thank god they didn't have enough money. Now it is commonplace.

If I put one on it just would be for the sake of having one put on, it wouldn't hold any special meaning.

But I have been with some ladies who do have tattoos, and I find it compliments their beauty.

I would say I love tattoos on a lady who wants them. But body art is personal, and no one should pressure someone into wearing a tattoo, nor should someone sit in judgement of those have tattoos, or don't have tattoos. It is a personal decision, not for me to sit in judgement of. But that said, I do find on those ladies who have them, it compliments their beauty.

A rambling

RG

• Like 2

....But body art is personal, and no one should pressure someone into wearing a tattoo, nor should someone sit in judgement of those have tattoos....

This is exactly how I feel.

I'm not a fan of Tattoos, personally. Small(ish) ones on certain parts of the body, yes, I actually find attractive and sexy on a woman. But, more heavily tattooed isn't generally something I like personally. But, I've grown to appreciate them more lately, if that makes sense.

But, as RG said, Tattoos are very personal and just one part of the whole of a person. So to judge someone based on body art, or fail to see other beauty beyond is something I'm careful not to do.

Like RG, I am also former military and I have no tattoos. I grew up in an era that viewed tattoos as something questionable people did.

I tend to go for ladies without tattoos and piercings. With pale or milky white skin... Now I am getting sidetracked...

I have seen one lady - a MP with tattoos and I was pleasantly surprised that she was a soft sweet gentle lady. That lovely lady was Jessica Massage.

As the saying goes - "Don't Judge a Book by Its Cover", you may be surprised what you find among it's pages.

In fact there are several other lovely ladies here on Cerb (with tattoos) I would like to meet some day. I think their ink-work warrants a closer inspection. ;)

Guest **sh****he***ac***th

I have a couple of tasteful tattoos that are very meaningful to me. They are not readily visible however unless I take my shirt off. I enjoy looking at well done body art on ladies but whether she has tattoos or not isn't an issue for me. I have seen some lovely tattoos on some very beautiful ladies over the years and have seen some very beautiful non-tattooed ladies over the years as well. Thus, both with and without are just fine by me.

Missed the era completely I only new one person with one and he got his while in basic training in the US. I don't mind them, obviously some work is better than others and also it seems some people suit them more than others but that's just my opinion.

At 60 I do wonder if I'd ever had some art done where it might be now :)

Peace

MG

Guest P**aq

When I was younger I had no interest in tattoos as they were a guy thing; as some others above mentioned, it was the sailor-thing or inmate-thing "back in the day". Then, once upon a recent time, women started to get them, then, hmmm, tattoos, I'm kind of liking this thing :)

I was involved with a woman about a decade ago who had some tattoos strategically placed to cover some self cuttings she had made on her arms and legs in her teenage years. Sometimes a little art on something that was once something personally painful to someone can become something of beauty.

Just a few weeks ago ago I watched a restoration show on History Channel where the restoration team made an awesome painted "tattoo" on a prosthetic leg of a female amputee. It was gorgeous and almost brought a tear to my eye when they placed the prothesis on her leg.

Love 'em or leave 'em, to me they are awesome!

I am an older guy now, in my 60's. I don't have any tatoos, and in many ways I don't understand how a beautiful woman would want tatoos. What could be better than a beautiful woman's natural skin?

The wonderful woman I see most often does not have any tatoos. I find her so attractive ;)

And yet, someone she knows, and likes, and respects - Cleo Catra - has a couple (lol) of tatoos/catoos. I find Cleo Catra's tatoos very attractive :) I mean, Cleo Catra is clearly a very beautiful woman!

And when I was down in Florida recently and met a lovely, classy, very attactive young woman who had beautiful, very colourful tatoos on perhaps half of her body, from what I could see, I found her very desirable. I complimented her on her tatoos and her beauty, and she was perfectly charming.

So, I guess I have a lot to learn ;) Maybe it is more about a particular woman's charm and beauty shining through rather than anything else.

Edited by bellafan
  • Like 3

Love love love them. What I don't like is how people are still judged by them, especially in today's day and age. If your not going to judge a person based on sex race religion or sexual preference, why should you base your judment by if they have tattoos? Some of the most beautiful on cerb are inked (no offence to the ones who aren't). There is a very long history of tattooing and the reasons behind it, look it up.

I don't have any tattos on myself perse, but I don't mind some strategically-placed arts on some of my favorite ladies. I must admit that I see them not because of their tattoos and that I will see them with or without the tattoos. When I caress their bodies and run my hands over their nicely-done tattoos, it does make me feel more appreciative of their work of arts.

That been said, like someone mentioned here, I am a bit intimitated by heavily-tattooed ladies. I don't know exactly the reason why. This feeling has prevented me to see a few of these beautiful ladies. I would guess that growing up in a era when a tattoo was generally frowned upon could be the reason.

P.S. See post #171 in the following thread for some beautiful work of arts -

http://www.cerb.ca/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=152676&page=18

I hate tattoos. I'm in my late 40's and a small tattoo would be fine but so many young women are covering their bodies with tattoos and I think it is horrible.

• Like 2

For me, tatoos are a major turn off. I like the clean, innocent look of an unmarked body. I seek out SPs without them.

That said, I have to say as a regular on the strip club scene I have had wonderful experiences with some inked up ladies. Personality has a lot to do with it - they win me over with their warmth and charm.

I only have one tattoo myself, not noticeable at all, and if I wasn't such a pussy lol I would definitely have more. Working on it :P

I love tattoos on women and men. Honestly, more the better. I find it so sexy and beautiful.

Like all pieces of art, there are bad or boring and stunning and thought provoking. To me, a bold piece of art on a woman can be the sexiest thing, both because it is beautiful, but moreso because it shows confidence and a woman who knows themself.

I personally love a lady with tattoos, super sexy in my opinion. Sadly I only have one but have always wanted more. Tattoo artists of today are truly talented and the quality of tattooing is much better than years ago when I had mine done. I hope to see some of you sexy tattooed ladies of CERB soon. You rock!

Poorly done body art is good for our amusement, though. :)

Personally, I'm ok with small and tasteful tattoos. A Japanese symbol that means something to you, absolutely.

I usually mentally categorize someone if I see (a) a barbed wire tat on a male, or (b) a tramp stamp.

Agreed, though, it has to be done well.

Mostly indifferent. I like a woman's bare skin as it is but if there are a few I don't mind. I don't ever look at the detail because I don't care but I do step back and judge based on overall macro "adornment" quality as if she's wearing nice scarves, lingerie or jewellery but, again, not the detail of the scarf or the jewellery. If there are too many it overpowers the look to me, in exactly the same way spices can be too much.

Don't have any myself, nothing against them, but simply if I got one I'd want it to be really meaningful to me since it is permanent. And I haven't been inspired yet.

As far as tattoos on other people... They're art, and therefore subjective. Certain tattoos just suit some people in my eyes, some don't. To me some tattoos are the works of amazing craftsmanship, some are just crude sketches on skin. Either way though, I don't think a tattoo influences my opinion of someone much.

I have what I consider some very tasteful flower tattoos . To me they are nothing and I have had them done in the last two years . Some people really hate them and some love them. Taste is intimately personal and what I find lovely some gents have told me they really hate . Totally up to choice and preference.

To me it was so natural I forgot to tell people soo,

Recently I had a very wonderful shoot showing my tats and my glowing red hair and my flower tats.

I am sure there may be further questions, objections but boys and girls please tune in to my last set of photos . Part of learning about me , please don't act shocked at my beautiful flower body art . Homework. homework.

Total openness on my part!

xo

There are tattoos and there are tattoos. Some are art. Some are graffiti. It's impossible to generalize.

Even with well done artistic tattoos, I prefer a sense of proportion, symmetry and consistency. I don't like the skin to be overwhelmed with multiple tattoos. For me the body is the work of art. The tattoo is just an embellishment.

• Like 1

As it was mentioned previously by many members, I also think that body art is a personal choice and one that the person is assuming and ready to live with.

Personally, I don't mind tattoos but to a certain limit.

Some tattoos are very tasteful and can be appreciated as a form of art, much like a painting.

But when there are too many, I find it gets fuzzy and the theme gets lost to a point where it may become some form of graffitti.

I don't have any but kudos to the people who like them and like to express themselves through this art form.

Additional Comments:

Reminds me of the joke where the guy is naked in front of the lady and she sees he has a tattoo on his member that reads 'GOODAY'.

She asks: 'What's with this tattoo?'

He replies:'Oh! Stroke it and it will read 'GOOD MORNING TO ALL MY FRIENDS AND HAVE AN AWESOME DAY'

Guest *t**e**x

I love tattoos, the more and the busy-er the better. I love when a woman arm or leg or whole body, is a canvass. I also love smooth beautiful un-tattooed skin. I guess I'm lucky because I love everything.