What is the reason you refrain from booking for these events?  

116 members have voted

1. 1. What is the reason you refrain from booking for these events?

• nerves
    • cost
    • time/date
    • other - please elaborate in thread

As some of you already know, I do TRY to host gang bang parties on a monthly basis...I used the term TRY simply because most of the time, the events fizzle out and don't work out. I am curious as to why! I'd like to know if the reasons for these failed parties are within my control or not...Should I continue trying or not bother? I have 75+ cerb users on my mailing list for these events, yet I can barely organize one.... and even the ones that do happen have only 3 of the intended 5 members show up.

I ask those who are interested to please partake in this poll so that I may have a better insight as to how to make these events successful.

If you are not interested in gang bangs, have no intention of ever going to one, I ask that you please refrain from partaking in the poll... but please do feel free to comment in the thread with any feedback/comments/opinions you may have.

• Like 5

hosting a GB event is easier said than done.Not everyone is comfortable with a group setting which means one would have to target the "lifestyle community " which based on experience they would seldom pay for such an event.

The 2nd point I would like to stress is that the "no show" which is very common and anyone who has hosted one such event would know that 100 persons say they will attend and on the day for the event one or 2 shows up.Which means one would have collect the fees way before the event and have a minimum of 6 to hold such an event.So to make a long story short hosting such an event by an SP is stress..

• Like 2

Guest realnicehat

Hi Alexxxis,

my hat is off to you for even trying to organize an event of this kind. Finding 5 individuals looking for that service who are available at the same time must be a logistical nightmare.

While I'm not personally interested in this type of experience I think it is great that you're being proactive and trying to find a way to make it a success rather than just giving up.

Being a guy I can kind of understand how someone could talk themselves out of this at the last minute. We are fragile creatures with big egos and none of us want to be the smallest dick in the room ;)

I'm curious to see the results of your poll. I hope it helps you figure things out.

For me I like a GFE, and part of a GFE is the intimacy and privacy such an encounter entails. To me there would be no intimacy (intimacy in the broadest sense of the word) in a gang bang. The purpose of such an encounter. It seems to me, it is strictly the lady having sex with as many gentlemen as she is comfortable seeing during that encounter

There wouldn't be social time (such as conversation over drinks) nor would the atmosphere of such an encounter be conducive to social time

Now don't misunderstand me, I'm not criticizing the idea of gang bangs, as long as it is all consenting adults. This lifestyle allows for different activities and interests. It's just this sort of activity doesn't interest me

But for those that do enjoy it, have fun

RG

• Like 1

While I appreciate your opinion RG, I want to point out that I am running this poll specifically for the people who ARE interested in this sort of encounter. As I said in my OP, I have 75+ cerb handles on the mailing list for these events, so there are some interested folks out there. For the record, these folks aren't looking for a GFE...I am well aware that this type of play is not for everyone, hence the reason it was posted in the fetish section. And there is time for socializing, not everyone arrives in the same minute! The eager ones who show up first get all kinds of talk-time! See redbeard's reco of one of these encounters for more info!

:)

• Like 5

I had the same problem whenever I tried to organize gangbangs. I think the key is to book more guys than you normally would, knowing that a bunch won't show up.

• Like 2

Guest ****ven

Interesting poll for sure! I too have had some difficulties in this area- I think that just happens in any social setting with a bunch of people! Someone is bound to bail.

hosting a GB event is easier said than done.Not everyone is comfortable with a group setting which means one would have to target the "lifestyle community " which based on experience they would seldom pay for such an event.

I do target the appropriate people, the "lifestyle community" you spoke of, the issue isn't finding those interested in these events, it's getting them to BOOK for the event. I get TONS of messages of people who seem interested, but they do not RSVP a spot for the party. This is the reason for my poll, to see if there is anything I can do (or not) to increase the success rate for these events. I have had a few successful ones, but the number of events cancelled surpasses that of events that took place.

• Like 1

Then the best way I assume would be to have interested members make a deposit then when you have your target you can proceed with your event that way you can be assured the number of turn outs on target.

I get TONS of messages of people who seem interested, but they do not RSVP a spot for the party.

Guest webothscore
I had the same problem whenever I tried to organize gangbangs. I think the key is to book more guys than you normally would, knowing that a bunch won't show up.

But what if everyone shows up? And what if one of those is Lee? God help xxxaxxx ;) some mid day lightheartedness with a touch of seriousness.

Oh, btw xxxaxxx I did not partake in the pole, just my comment. Thanks.

I can understand the frustration, and for sure trying to organize that many people would be a nightmare. Im sure there are people who are interested but are just afraid to take the plunge. They toy with the idea but when it comes down to it get cold feet.

In my case I just have an unfortunately lame home town, which also happens to be 2 hours away :( Keep up the fight Alexxis! Im gonna do my damndest to make it out more often :)

• Like 1

Guest **m**y

I'd love to try this and have always been interest, but my main hold back is the chance of meeting someone I know there. So lack of discretion may be one of the reasons for others as well.

I would wager it's logistics. Even in the fetish scene this is a problem that comes up constantly. I cannot tell you how many times I've had friends try to organize these events on pages like fetlife just to have nobody show.

• Like 1

Speaking personally for myself, scheduling is the issue for me. I've wanted to attend a few times but it was time of day where I could not make it. I've attend a previous event of this type a while ago and enjoyed myself and would like to experience another event.

Again speaking for myself only, 6pm and later start times work best for me as it is hard to get away from the office before 5:30.

I hope these experiences don't discourage you from planning more events as I would like to attend.

Edited by Icebreaker
  • Like 1

I have wanted to try attending a gb for some time now. I suppose a gb scenario started by a service provider would probably be the best option.

My issue has been with the kink community gang bangs. I fully appreciate they are intended typically for the woman's pleasure. For whatever the reasons, it hasn't worked out for me joining in these little "clubs" so to speak. After enough rejections you tend to shy away from such things.

• Like 1

I am pleased to offer lots of atypical situations and fetishes. I have found that the more atypical the request, the higher the chance of a no show. The no shows are costly and discouraging. GBs are atypical and hence lead to a high rate of no shows. The solution is to charge deposits. Would anyone like to start a thread about deposits?

• Like 3

Sorry folks but for the most part deposits will not solve your issue. There used to be a very active Ottawa based Poly group on this board. For a bunch of reasons it is not as active on this board, but still very active. The people involved just use other means to stay in touch.

I think one of the reasons it is not on this board as much, is it seemed to attract a lot of tire-kickers and lookie-lous who were really not interested in the activity. They were just curious or had voyeuristic tendencies. Also some of the SP's and to a lesser extent hobbiests, experienced a backlash from some clients when it got out that they were participating. I think that may be part of what some of the SP's who try to organize these events are experiencing

There is usually some difficulty finding a time for some of these events that suits everyone. That is one of the most frequent problems. Most hobbiests don't book an hour for a gang bang in their Outlook calendar, or can't tell the SO what they are doing. So the larger the number of participants, the harder it is to get schedules to work and mesh.

The most successful ones in the Poly group generally had the logistics handled by a hobbiest. An SP would agree with a hobbiest on the type of event, the ground rules, number of participants etc. The hobbiest would then be the one who organized the client logistics. Recruiting them, telling them the ground rules, donations etc. Often they also secured the venue. That seemed to work the best.

Of course the other key is that many folks are uncomfortable in this group setting with strangers. The key factor of that Poly group, was that we ran Poly socials. In someways the forerunner of the CERB socials, but much smaller, and much more casual. Interested SP's would attend, and hobbiests as well, who were usually screened by the other hobbiests to make sure we didn't invite trouble. We would share a few drinks, a few laughs, make connections, and generally from that event, hobbiests would approach an SP to set something up. (Sometimes that very night, but not always) Although sometimes it would lead to one on one encounters, generally everyone there, were there for the same interest, and group events usually happened.

And not to hijack the thread I will respond to RG's comment on what he thinks it would be like. In fact that group of folks is actually pretty intimate, although the events are a bit of a walk on the wild side. Most of the folks involved also see each other for GFE sessions. The poly social aspect also meant we got to learn a lot about different folks in the hobby, in a respectful and friendly environment. There was probably more intimacy and camaraderie then I have experienced anywhere else in the hobby.

• Like 6

Thanks everyone for all the comments and feedback!

I do wanna clear something up though that some of you have missunderstood....the issue I have isn't no-shows, It's NO RSVPs!

Yes, no shows for this are a dissapointment, but when 4 of 5 guys show up I don't really think dissapointed is how I feel right there and then .:w.i.n.k:.

What I don't like is having to cancel the entire event because 2 guys were available in the a.m. only that day, 2 others only mid-day and one of em only late night....maybe not in that exact order but you get the picture.

I guess to sum it up is I'm just a little frustrated that within, let's say 100 men, I can't find 5 who are free on the same day/time? REALLY? I am really starting to feel like I'm being told day and time don't work as an easy escape route...they ask about, seem interested, want to stay on the mailing list etc....but can never make it....coincidence? I'm starting to think NOT.

This poll was to help me establish if the real reason is date/time or if it's more about nerves or hotel location etc....some things I can change, or alter in some way to suit the needs of those interested....some things I won't be able to....

Additional Comments:

....is it seemed to attract a lot of tire-kickers and lookie-lous who were really not interested in the activity. They were just curious or had voyeuristic tendencies. Also some of the SP's and to a lesser extent hobbiests, experienced a backlash from some clients when it got out that they were participating. I think that may be part of what some of the SP's who try to organize these events are experiencing

This is EXACTLY what I am feeling, it's not "may be part" of it! Well minus any "backlash" ...if anyone has a negative opinion of me in regards to my lifestyle I am glad they are smart enough to keep it to themselves.

I hope this poll and thread has helped, and as much as it sucks to have to cancel I hope it hasn't discouraged you from continuing to try in the future my dear. There are others out there as well who would love to share the experience, and hopefully sooner rather than later they'll come out of the woodwork and all be able to agree upon a date. Im keeping my fingers crossed!

• Like 1

As some of you already know, I do TRY to host gang bang parties on a monthly basis...

Well... that's the first I've heard of it :)

Admittedly, this isn't my scene, and so I'm not someone you'd be aiming your advertizing at, and so the fact that I was unaware of this may not be terribly relevant. But I am on CERB a fair bit, so things like this do cross my radar if they're widely advertized.

I can't really offer anything in the way of useful advice as to where you should advertize these events - maybe the Ottawa BDSM/fetish/dancers section? - but I can't help but feel that more advertizing may work.

• Like 1

Shit!

I voted before I read the rules of the thread. I guess that means I have to render an opinion or I'm..or ...I dunno, doing something I shouldn't be doing. Sorry xXxAxXx - I think I understand your confusion and frustration about bookings.

I think you asked a fair question. I don't have first hand GB experience to help you, but I think you have sufficient empirical data available for you to draw your own conclusions. GBs apparently don't work in the way you would like.

Just my simple minded opin.

• Like 1

Gangbangs = Awesome!!!

Alexxxis = Awesome!!!

Sign me up for more.

I personally would love more invites to a bunch of different gangbangs. I would also love to be slipped some more info on these "clubs".

Additional Comments:

Also on the fear of the smallest dick comment, that's bull shit. I had the smallest dick in the first gangbang I attended and I was the biggest guy, I was fine with it.

The other bull shit comment, I'm afraid of meeting someone I know there. Now you'll both have a smirk on your face when you see each other, not to mention, if he's there, you have as much dirt on him as he does on you.

• Like 1

Hi

Did you consider having guys and gals? I, for one, am very interested in group activities and it is always possible for women who love being "filled" to the max to take their turn at the "table" while the other women look or entertain themselves while waiting for their turn. I know other women who would enjoy the opportunity. Of course, time and place is more difficult to arrange specially that some of us are not as free as others, specially if, like me. they happen to be married or in a relationship with a partner who does not share our "lifestyle"