What does "Open Minded" mean to you

Hi, just wanted to know what SP's or MA's mean by saying that they are open minded in their ad's. Is this a code word for maybe getting extra's?

What do you hobbyist expect when you see the words "open minded" in a MA or SP's ad?

Just wanted your opinion or any of your experiences where you have met a "open minded" woman.

• Like 4

Guest **cely***r***ne

Just like everything, I am going to guess it may be different for everyone.

What it means for me is that I am open minded to suggestion, that I do not judge you or your fantasies and your fetishes and kinks are welcome to be discussed with honesty.

tumblr_me5zqo49AT1r1ggmzo1_400.jpg

Hi, just wanted to know what SP's or MA's mean by saying that they are open minded in their ad's. Is this a code word for maybe getting extra's?

What do you hobbyist expect when you see the words "open minded" in a MA or SP's ad?

Just wanted your opinion or any of your experiences where you have met a "open minded" woman.

I believe it means that they are open minded to something you might like to do with them. It is just a matter of asking and finding out. If we don't ask we will not know, and perhaps miss out on a great experience.

I've always pondered this question too, and from my observation take it as a highly subjective term, being some girls advertise they are 'open minded' but don't even kiss!! ..while others swing from the chandeliers with reckless abandon ;-)

PS: Great answer as always Penny :-)

• Like 2

Some SP's may have a specific menu or routine and don't deviate from that, where as open minded is just that, they're open to discussing something you might want? It is going to be different for each provider. Best way is to ask her!

• Like 2

Open minded can mean many different things in this business. I would recommend getting in contact with the lady and getting some idea as to what may be on the menu. Remember though, just because it is on the menu does not mean it will be offered to you. It is always your millage may vary.

• Like 7

In my experience "open-minded" just like "GFE" means nothing. In this business many ladies will just use the "phrase of the day" in their ad's to catch a potential clients attention. NEVER make any assumptions in this business about what anything written in ad's mean. Always, communicate directly with the lady and express what you desire from your encounter and confirm that what you desire is what she provides and is comfortable with. If you choose to just take ad's at face value you might be setting yourself up for disappointment.

Just as an example, a while ago I visited with a lady, last minute, "spur of the moment" and she advertised as both "GFE and open-minded". When I go there she confirmed after we entered the room that, there was no kissing, no anal play, and the service was completely safe. I could live with that so we continued. It was a completely mechanical, detached, zero eye contact session. In fact she even seemed a little put out that I lasted so long and said, "can you just cum already". LOL.

Now I know for a fact that I am a fantastic client with a YMMV factor that is very high but in this case although she advertised as both open-minded and GFE I would classify my mileage factor as very low. Perhaps she was just having a bad day who knows. However, I learned that I'll never do "last minute" spur of the moment again. I'll always want to have ample opportunity to chat with the lady and convey to her what I like to experience in my sessions and have her explicitly confirm that she also enjoys all the same things from a session as I do.

Communicate, communicate, communicate!

FYI, you might be able to tell but I haven't had my morning coffee yet and I'm still a little short on the trigger.

• Like 6

Here is another thread on this for extra value...

http://www.cerb.ca/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=142785

As has been said, the best way to know what it specifically means to a provider is to ask. In general terms, to me (YMMV) open minded means that you are open to different aspects of sensuality and sexuality AND you are also open to discussing non mentioned aspects in a respectable non-judgmental way. Your discussions are safe and could potentially lead to more based on the specific SP.

• Like 7

Guest webothscore
I have always thought that "open minded" meant non-judgmental. So, you could be open in asking about something a little off the conventional, "vanilla" sexual map. It didn't guarantee she'd say yes, but it does mean she wouldn't give you a hard time about the request.

Lots of guys have quirks and fetishes and offbeat interests they might be yearning to pursue but nervous to ask about. To me, open-minded means "don't be afraid to ask".

I *don't* think open-minded means "willing to renegotiate my stated boundaries", or secretly open to doing something unsafe.

IMO, that was the perfect way of explaining it. If a guy wants to pole vault over the counter top and land his boner right in her kitty, she might very easily laugh it off and the situation is fulfilled by her listening to his fetish without making him feel bad ;)

IMO, that was the perfect way of explaining it. If a guy wants to pole vault over the counter top and land his boner right in her kitty, she might very easily laugh it off and the situation is fulfilled by her listening to his fetish without making him feel bad ;)

LOL...Or she just may want to sell tickets to that one! That would be some kind of a perfect landing while maintaining a boner, IMHO! ;)

• Like 1

I'd always thought "open-minded" meant "Greek is on the menu". Not so much in Canada, perhaps, since advertizing online isn't illegal, but far more so in the US where it's much more important to use euphemisms for everything, lest LE take you down...

But I could well be wrong.

• Like 1

It always seemed to me that "open minded" in an ad was a bit of a red flag, and can often be attached to B&S and other scams. OF course, I could be wrong, and am willing to reassess, since I'm, errrrr, open minded :D

• Like 1

To me, "open-minded" means

"I'm absolutely willing to hear some suggestions/instruction and discuss your fantasies without judgement, as long as it stays within my well-stated boundaries"

For example, I don't specifically advertise certain scenarios in my ads, say duo encounters, however I would be open to this with the right people.

And to be clear I mean "instruction" as in, if you don't like something I'm doing, or you want me to do a technique/position/etc I'm not doing, I am all ears so I can best please you.

Open-minded does not mean "ask me 15 times if I will offer Greek, when I clearly state that I don't".

(This is not a jab at your post Phaedrus, it was just the first example that popped into my head)

Edited by EvaAdore
Not jabbing!
  • Like 2

I'm with the guy who talks about 'open minded' being similar to using the term 'GFE' in an ad. It only means what the sp who posted the ad wants it to mean, nothing more and nothing less, and sometimes it is just a tag line meant to get the phone to ring, nothing more and nothing less.

And sometimes, shocker, the ad is simply copied from someone else in another city and has nothing to do with the sp you are calling, but ended up in the ad because she stole it from a US advertiser where the term actually meant something in code for that US sp lol.

Never overthink this stuff, outside of very specific acronyms, these things like 'all inclusive', 'GFE', 'PSE', "ymmv" and "open minded' among other things are not worth the time to examine and define to anyone's satisfaction, because the majority of clients and sps are not reading these definitions and will simply redefine them any way they wish. And some of them have no idea of what the original meaning of 'open minded' used to be, or some of them use it because they do know, but they aren't aware of what it is being used for now.

On one agency site, the term was used only for sps who didn't wish to have their actual services listed or defined as either GFE or PSE or FS only or any other label. They reserved the right to tell the client in person face to face what they did or didn't do, and sometimes that meant that one guy might get a kiss, while another one didn't. This way they couldn't be forced into a certain menu it gave them the freedom to decide for themselves at the time.

• Like 2

Open minded means whatever the lady advertising it wants it to mean. Like others have said, best to ask the lady before hand what she means.

RG

• Like 1

I have always thought that "open minded" meant non-judgmental. So, you could be open in asking about something a little off the conventional, "vanilla" sexual map. It didn't guarantee she'd say yes, but it does mean she wouldn't give you a hard time about the request.

Lots of guys have quirks and fetishes and offbeat interests they might be yearning to pursue but nervous to ask about. To me, open-minded means "don't be afraid to ask".

I *don't* think open-minded means "willing to renegotiate my stated boundaries", or secretly open to doing something unsafe.

Exactly! This is what I mean when I say open minded. I want anyone reading my ads to know they could approach and ask me anything without fear of "feeling stupid" or uninformed. Its not a "phrase of the day" as I only state what I mean and have been saying it for a while. I didn't think being open could be interpreted in so many ways but for those reading this know that I think it means I'm willing to hear any all of your polite suggestions and that you can be assured that when you ask me about any scenario I'll clearly and specifically explain my do's and don'ts:) and possibilities, because I'm open minded:)

• Like 3

Maybe it's because of the particular women I have seen but I don't see "open minded" with the same cynicism some others do. I mentally translate it to "let's talk".

If I'm in the mood for something she hasn't mentioned or specifically ruled out this is an encouragement to a discussion where she may agree or demure without judging me for asking.

• Like 2

Open Minded....the opposite of....Close Minded..... :) seriously really don't care about the line. Never has factor into anything in my time.

Although I agree with the majority about what open-minded is (non-judgmental, willing to talk openly, etc.), I also have to agree with what Fortunateone and a few others have expressed. I think the term has been abused by too many and as a result, took away any value it might have had at some point, if any.

I'm with the guy who talks about 'open minded' being similar to using the term 'GFE' in an ad. It only means what the sp who posted the ad wants it to mean, nothing more and nothing less, and sometimes it is just a tag line meant to get the phone to ring, nothing more and nothing less.

Yup!

It reminds me of the agencies or indies that use the term "no restrictions".

No restrictions? Really? Do you know what you are saying and understand the high risks it might potentially involve when read by the wrong people!?!

Anyway, that's another topic altogether.

• Like 4

All I can to add my two cents worth is that the term has become very confusing and I hate when I ask a SP if she does this and that and she says she does only to arrive and find out she doesn't! No restrictions is also bizarre? What is up with that?

• Like 1

I never use this term in my advertising, for one reason - without fail, when a man texts me and asks if I'm open-minded, his follow-up question is if I offer BBFS. I am serious in this, without fail.

So I hate this term, and will never, ever use it in my advertising. I am not saying that girls who use this term offer that service, I am NOT saying that at all - but just that to me personally, the term makes me get my back up and I don't like it.

I guess my post is mostly a tip to the gents, lol - I would refrain from asking a girl if she is open-minded. If you want something specific, just ask - I think most girls in this business ARE open-minded enough to listen to your request and answer without judgement.

• Like 9

I never use this term in my advertising, for one reason - without fail, when a man texts me and asks if I'm open-minded, his follow-up question is if I offer BBFS. I am serious in this, without fail.

So I hate this term, and will never, ever use it in my advertising. I am not saying that girls who use this term offer that service, I am NOT saying that at all - but just that to me personally, the term makes me get my back up and I don't like it.

I guess my post is mostly a tip to the gents, lol - I would refrain from asking a girl if she is open-minded. If you want something specific, just ask - I think most girls in this business ARE open-minded enough to listen to your request and answer without judgement.

Perfectly said - thank you.

• Like 2