How do you stay fit?

With my chosen career I rarely have time to go to the gym but I don't really need to as I get a workout at work. With the counterweight system for theatrical scenery and lighting, one of my duties is to load them. Climbing the ladder to 60 feet above the floor works out the legs, lifting each weight and loading them works the arms and chest. Then I get an whole body workout when "flying" people making them appear to float in the air. Also when loading and unloading the gear for Rock n Roll that's another workout altogether.

During the downtime with shows plenty of sex for cardio. ;) lol.

With my chosen career I rarely have time to go to the gym but I don't really need to as I get a workout at work. With the counterweight system for theatrical scenery and lighting, one of my duties is to load them. Climbing the ladder to 60 feet above the floor works out the legs, lifting each weight and loading them works the arms and chest. Then I get an whole body workout when "flying" people making them appear to float in the air. Also when loading and unloading the gear for Rock n Roll that's another workout altogether.

During the downtime with shows plenty of sex for cardio. ;) lol.

It definitely shows. :biggrin:

I do BodyPump at Goodlife 2-4 times a week, it's a 60 minute low-weight, high-rep class that is pretty killer

I also use the elliptical for cardio 30-60 minutes on most days, and occasionally I use handweights/kettlebells at home, and do yoga. I need to do those last two things more often.

• Like 1

I am certainly not in the shape Cleo is in, that is for sure!!!

I am working at trying to get into shape for the past few years with a medical interruption along the way. I've dropped from 260 to 202 which is like a small person. When you are only 5'3 1/2" at 260 you are as round as you are tall. I couldn't bend over to tie my shoes. Putting socks on was an effort.

I've seen a really big improvement in my self. Thanks to my Personal Trainer at Good Life Fitness here in Halifax. I work out with him 3-4 times a week. It probably saved my life!

• Like 1

I love picking heavy things up... The putting them down, then repeating it for 2-3 hours a day.

When I'm not doing that ill try and play sports. Basketball. Soccer other things like that.

Even though I am no poster child for fitness, I have always felt that staying fit starts with a healthy diet. For me, I take a good multi-vitamin as well as other supplements such as a good thermogenic as well as use a good whey isolate protein powder and use that in conjunction with daily exercise. What I can say is, even if you have the best diet in the world and are very active, a good multi-vitamin will definitely balance everything out and make a huge difference.

Guest c**io**m7

I used to hobby to stay fit but now, I guess I should think about joining a gym. ;-)

Guest **cely***r***ne

I eat horrible. Cake, pie and tonight I had a pint of ice cream. Will it motivate me to do that extra little bit...maybe. I am constantly picking my son up, putting him on my hip, in the air and playing with him, and at the moment he is my set of weights LOL He laughs and has fun, and I get a silly work out. But when I get serious...I have my P90X core and synergistic's. I do the warm up and I'm pooped.... I think I just need some motivation and a buddy...

Update:

2 months of rowing on the Concept 2 has really got me toned up. loss body fat and muscle definition is showing. My wife who doesn't like to exercise, rows 4 to 5 times a week and has started loosing weight also. Her old pants are starting to fit better. This is encouraging her to keep up the routine. She likes to row.

I like to row, also, it is easy on the joints.

for those who don't know what the Concept 2 is:

http://www.concept2.com/

Well just started Atkins and am walking (mile a day)

Already seen some signs, pants a little loser in the waist, and shirts fitting a little loser too...but still a ways to go

Hope my motivation keeps up, I want to be less of a man ;-) when I have my next encounters which is in January.

RG

Well just started Atkins and am walking (mile a day)

Already seen some signs, pants a little loser in the waist, and shirts fitting a little loser too...but still a ways to go

Hope my motivation keeps up, I want to be less of a man ;-) when I have my next encounters which is in January.

RG

Oh.... I thought you were gonna say "I fish alotta " :P Personally I get fatter when I fish. Wouldn't have anything to do with the coolers of beer and rum tho ! no no no no

I do golf lots. That keeps me in shape !! Foot on the gas pedal of the cart. All that walking to the tee box and stuff ! and of course once again a cooler of beer ......

• Like 1

Another Good One Someguy!

Lots Of Sex! Would Be A Good Answer! LOL Hehe!

But For Me...

Ever Since I Have Had My Son I Have Noticed I Have Been Eating A Lot Healthier Than I Use Too...

But For Exercise, He Keeps Me Busy As Is Being A Very Energetic 3yr Old!

Other Than That Lots Of Walking,Running,Rollerblading, Sit-Ups/Crunches & Weights.

A daily exercise of some sort, rowing, walking, treadmill, dumbells every second day. and a sauna once a week helps me stay in shape and lose weight. If I could diet I would lose more, but I enjoy eating :)

So I just exercise more;)

It's 2015, a new year and I bet many of you have started a new fitness routine to loose weight. How is it going so far? Have you managed to stick with it. I started 5 years ago and I am still on it. Seeing major progress in the last year, so I am motivated to stick with it. As I get older, I would like to be the best shape I can be in. Also helps with the hobbying :) So what kind of fitness routines are you currently doing. Is it effective?

I maintain I regular fitness routine.... I see an amazing lady every week and omg what a workout..lol

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk

I play the occasional sport, but I think it's my job that keeps me fit. Not this job, but my regular one. I have never had a job where I was required to sit in one place, so always moving around helps. Also, because I don't have a desk keeping food at work is impossible. So eating only tends to occur when I can feel my stomach begging for something..

This and I do not have children. I think children play a big role in overeating and taking care of oneself less. If I had to provide 3 square meals for my children a day, plus snacks and treats, ... I would not stay fit. I commend anyone who does.

• Like 1

Guest A**aTo**h

I've been trying to stay loyal to my gym 5 times a week. I love how it makes me feel, and food tastes awesome!

As it is 2018. Most of us are going to spend the next month or two trying to get into shape. I have been consistent with this and have been doing more weights then cardio. Also with some low carb eating and Intermittent fasting. I am in the best shape of my life. 20 lbs lighter and more muscular. Still improving and plan on doing this well into my old age.

As it is 2018. Most of us are going to spend the next month or two trying to get into shape. I have been consistent with this and have been doing more weights then cardio. Also with some low carb eating and Intermittent fasting. I am in the best shape of my life. 20 lbs lighter and more muscular. Still improving and plan on doing this well into my old age.

I'll be continue to workout, as well and like you, I usually more up to weights than cardio. However, in 2 days in 2018, I already did twice some treadmills, which is a good indication that I will keep up for that for a while...

Agree with the general idea that most of us will plan to spend the next month or two trying to get into shape. Unfortunately, here's what is usually happening:

26169203_564646793911807_369998773559671161_n.jpg?oh=f26651226f850f12f9e8c0e0af9b46c2&oe=5AB44C8F

• Like 1

I normally workout daily. Regardless of whether I'm on the road or not, I make the time to exercise. Right when I get up in the morning I start to stretch and then do a bit of yoga. At work my co-worker and I pretty much walk everyday I'm there together for about 30 minutes. Always take the stairs if I can. It's the simple little things that help to keep one in shape.

• Like 2