SP who Contact Clients On their Own

I know this has been addressed in the past but does anyone think that a SP should be entitled to contact previous clients on her own accord when she comes to town?

Unless the client specifically told the sp to let him know when she is going to be back in town, and then ONLY by the method of communication he specified - the answer is always NO.

Lots of threads on this too. Not too many things everyone on this board agrees with, but this is the one thing everyone seems to agree with.

• Like 4

Generally speaking, no. However if the lady is a touring lady for example, who you have an established relationship with, and you are a touring gentleman LOL (I live in smalltown Ontario and need to travel to see a companion) contact by the lady telling you of her touring dates so you can make travel arrangements is welcome...at least by this guy. Of course I add this caveat, that the client has told the lady that it would be welcome if she could contact him in advance of her announcing tour dates.

I've had this happen with three ladies but their contact was welcome, it couldn't at all be taken as soliciting. And they didn't try to solicit me, just let me know when they were going to be in Toronto, Kingston, Ottawa. It allowed me to schedule encounters with them, since it gave me time to free up a weekend, book a hotel and best of all, see them. Otherwise, if I found out when they posted their travel dates I wouldn't have enough time to schedule an encounter

But out of the blue soliciting by a companion is a faux pas and not welcome. If a client/potential client wants to see a companion he will contact her

RG

• Like 1

If you told them it is fine then Yup. If you didn't then Nope.

Every lady that knows me or is in contact with me ....whether they have met me or not knows they can contact me 24/7 but that was because of my Okey Dokey. I wouldn't expect it otherwise.

There are unwritten rules that are not always followed or are missed because they need to be read between the lines. This is one of them. It is very important to have clarity one on one with each provider and client relationship in my humble opinion.

• Like 2

I would suggest the means of communication would be a big deciding factor. I think you would have had to have seen the provider previously, and expressed some kind of interest in seeing them again. Or, you have exchanged other communications and have some sort of relationship. In that case, I don't think that a quick "Hi I am in your town next week for three days, if you are interested." type PM on CERB would be out of line.

If the person said contact me using another means, and let me know when you are in town, then using that means would not be out of line either. (hobby e-mail, text to safe phone, whatever)

I see these as informational messages rather than being a form of soliciting. You are letting someone know of an unusual availability.

• Like 5

Of course she can contact me anytime.... phone....text....bbm....drop by the house....after all communication is important.

But remember we need to consider my wife so:

• You are looking for Bond.... James Bond
  • The code words for your in town is "Congratulations you have won a Cruise"
  • to arrange a time to meet say "are you interested in a time share"
  • if you leave a number to call back add one number to every digit of real number.
  • if its about the Duo we were trying to setup just say "there are 3 options for the time share"

Wait..... as I think about this.... maybe it would be best to not contact me unless we have set it up in advance.

Additional Comments:

Of course she can contact me anytime.... phone....text....bbm....drop by the house....after all communication is important.

But remember we need to consider my wife so:

• You are looking for Bond.... James Bond
  • The code words for your in town is "Congratulations you have won a Cruise"
  • to arrange a time to meet say "are you interested in a time share"
  • if you leave a number to call back add one number to every digit of real number.
  • if its about the Duo we were trying to setup just say "there are 3 options for the time share"

Wait..... as I think about this.... maybe it would be best to not contact me unless we have set it up in advance.

• Like 7

I feel judged by this thread, which is making me slightly defensive. I apologize if that comes comes across in what I'm about to post.

I didn't realize contacting clients and mentioning I'll be touring was considered wrong by some folks on CERB. I've contacted clients in the past to provide them with my schedule before setting up and advertising for a tour.

The clients I've contacted have expressed an interest in seeing me again when I'm in town. Sometimes they're someone I've established more of a connection with and seen more than once, and sometimes not.

I disagree that it screams 'desperate for a booking'. It's just good business practice. I want to prioritize those I've met before and give them preferential treatment when deciding on when and if they would like to see me.

I know for myself Nathalie, your type of approach is appreciated. Some of the ladies I see are touring ladies and myself, I have to tour too LOL...since I live in smalltown Ontario. Those ladies let me know their tour schedule well in advance of them posting their tour schedule. It allows me to free up a weekend, reserve a hotel, make travel arrangements etc etc etc.

It isn't a companion being desperate for a booking. Instead it is a companion who values her existing clients by letting them know of her availability, and very much welcomed by this client who enjoys the companionship this lady provided and would like it to continue with future encounters

If some of the ladies I have seen and enjoyed their companionship didn't contact me, and I had to wait for their tour schedule to be posted, well I would have seen them a lot less, and that would have been my loss. So and JMO but for those ladies who contact their clients letting them know of her availability, you are not being desperate, nor are you soliciting. You are instead valuing the clients you have, something a good companion does.

A rambling

RG

Edited by r__m__g_uy

To borrow a bit from Ice:

I'm single, so I especially like the "drop by the house" option - and if you do, bring a girlfriend or two with you -- we can all play twister!

I feel judged by this thread, which is making me slightly defensive. I apologize if that comes comes across in what I'm about to post.

I didn't realize contacting clients and mentioning I'll be touring was considered wrong by some folks on CERB. I've contacted clients in the past to provide them with my schedule before setting up and advertising for a tour.

The clients I've contacted have expressed an interest in seeing me again when I'm in town. Sometimes they're someone I've established a connection with and seen more than once, sometimes not.

I disagree that it screams 'desperate for a booking'. It's just good business practice. I want to prioritize those I've met before and give them preferential treatment when deciding on when and if they would like to see me.

I appreciate to be informed when a lady that I know will be available. Actually, when I made a connection with a lady that I want to see again, I ask her to be informed and I expect she will contact me; I would be disappojnted if she does not.

My own schedule is quite awkward, and I have to travel a lot, so I need to plan ahead my rendez-vous galants. And if I wait until she publishes her ads, most of the time, it's too late for me since my own schedule is already full. Ads are usually made for short term encounters; I'm the kind who prefer to plan ahead and be sure of the availability of the Lady and the moment when I will see her.

A "cold call", either by text messages or email, from a SP I've never met or never shown any interest in would be a "no-no" and I would consider it as an intrusion.

• Like 1

The clients I've contacted have expressed an interest in seeing me again when I'm in town. Sometimes they're someone I've established a connection with and seen more than once, sometimes not.

My reply was intended as tongue in cheek humour.... I fully understand that there will be times when a client and a lady will agree that they will meet again when she us next in town and an email or text is acceptable to both. in fact I have done this myself.... this was not the "cold call" that I was joking about.... in fact I hope if you come to St. John's I do hear from you.

• Like 1

I appreciate advance notice from a lady I've established a connection with if she is planning a visit to my area. I'm not a last minute guy and the sooner I can plan ahead, the better the chance we'll be able to meet. I'm also not a high volume, variety kind of client and it's nice to know that the lady's thinking of me when she's planning her schedule as well.

It really depends on the client and the SP, and the relationship between them.

I'd consider an unsolicited communication from someone I'd never had any interaction with to be a bit out of order. But it's great to keep in touch with people I've seen before, and I love getting mails from them even if it's just to say hi. For the ladies who visit occasionally, it's great to know that they're coming to visit. It doesn't always mean I'll be able to see them, but at least there's a chance.

The method of communication matters too. A PM here isn't the same as an email, which isn't the same as a text or a phone call. Different methods of communication may well be associated with different levels of discretion, or risk of discovery, or likelihood of being seen in a reasonable timeframe (you can text me if you like, but I won't see it until I next turn my phone on). Which method of communication is preferred will vary for different guys, too, just as it does for the ladies.

• Like 4

Guest Miss Jane TG
I know this has been addressed in the past but does anyone think that a SP should be entitled to contact previous clients on her own accord when she comes to town?

Answering your question: No, an SP should not be entitled to contact previous clients on "her own" accord.

There are many ways by which a client consent could be taken. An obvious example is the mailing list that clients/potential client(s) join through some of the SPs website.

Of course when the client mentions to the SP that he wants to be notified of her upcoming visits then he consented and the SP is entitled to contact such client. But, I presume this is not what your question is premised on.

The modes of communication (email/PM Vs texts/phone calls), while might reduce the client's risk are irrelevant when the client has never consented.

I think your case is much more specific than the OP's question implies, and I'd certainly be OK with it, especially if it's just a PM on CERB or is otherwise known to be discrete communication. Unsolicited contact is a different thing and does kinda scream "desperate for a booking" not to mention the possible discretion issues.

certainly that's entirely different and it wasn't my intent to offend. I apologize indeed if that was the result of my post. It's been mentioned, in this thread and others, that often gents ask for a message when a favourite lady is touring the area. Entirely different from "cold calling" ... which is what I thought this thread was discussing. I must have misunderstood the original post.

• Like 1

Although we have we have some true local gems here in St. John's a significant portion of the ladies we have are actually touring ladies. Personally because of my life situation, playtime for me involves some planning and I'm not usually able to run off to an encounter on a whim. So with the need for planning ahead I always love when I've got lots of advance notice that a lady I adore is coming to town. Because I do have to plan my encounters I tend to try to follow announcements and schedules pretty closely. However, there are some ladies that I would hate to miss so I have asked them to notify me when they start to even consider visiting to ensure that I get a chance to book out my time.

I've learned how to play this game in order to maintain proper discretion and have taken all the proper precautions that I should so I don't really mind being contacted. I prefer an email notification or a Cerb PM because I actually have to login to those accounts to get the message. A phone call or text would be ok for me but because those two methods of communication can be generally fraught with issues ladies should generally avoid sending anything unexpected by the client in those forms.

IMO a discrete friendly message sent by a lady you've seen before just to say, "hey I'm going to be visiting your area and wanted to let you know" is perfectly fine and appreciated. However, I personally would not like to receive a unsolicited personal message from a lady that I've never communicated with before. Although it might not actually be a solicitation as such, I would likely deem it unprofessional.

• Like 3

Guest *Ste***cque**

The only acceptable communication initiated by a SP is a pm on here. Maybe if a client has given you expressed permission along a specific line of communication it would be OK for them only. But what if his circumstances change and he forgot to notify you that it's no longer ok to email him next time you're in town? Oops! Now what?

When I'm booking the occasional encounter with a SP I am more discreet with my email and phone, but I shouldn't have to be discreet everytime I check my emails or look at my phone just to accommodate a touring SP's business practice. There have been a few times when I wanted to show my wife an email of a vacation spot or a friends email and when I check my emails to show her something I have seen a new unsolicited CERB email amongst the innocent ones. Not cool!

I don't think it should be the clients responsibility to be hyper vigilant around his SO anytime he opens his email box. Nor should I have to buy a separate phone or set up a different email. I don't like sneaking around and prefer to do as little of that as possible around my wife, except when I'M initiating an encounter.

No offense. I just don't want SP's thinking it's OK to initiate contact because a few hobbyists have said it's OK for their particular circumstances. Better to err on the side of caution, always.

The only acceptable communication initiated by a SP is a pm on here. Maybe if a client has given you expressed permission along a specific line of communication it would be OK for them only. But what if his circumstances change and he forgot to notify you that it's no longer ok to email him next time you're in town? Oops! Now what?

When I'm booking the occasional encounter with a SP I am more discreet with my email and phone, but I shouldn't have to be discreet everytime I check my emails or look at my phone just to accommodate a touring SP's business practice. There have been a few times when I wanted to show my wife an email of a vacation spot or a friends email and when I check my emails to show her something I have seen a new unsolicited CERB email amongst the innocent ones. Not cool!

I don't think it should be the clients responsibility to be hyper vigilant around his SO anytime he opens his email box. Nor should I have to buy a separate phone or set up a different email. I don't like sneaking around and prefer to do as little of that as possible around my wife, except when I'M initiating an encounter.

No offense. I just don't want SP's thinking it's OK to initiate contact because a few hobbyists have said it's OK for their particular circumstances. Better to err on the side of caution, always.

If a client has given a lady permission to contact him via email and his circumstances change and he no longer wishes for her to contact him, it is up to him to let her know that...not her fault for continuing contact with him via email if he hasn't told her to stop. He has options available to him. First, not give a lady permission to email him in the first place. Second, if his circumstances change, let the lady know. Third, adjust the settings on his email to block her email (and if SO asks why this email is blocked, say you are getting a lot of spam email from this address) and fourth, have a separate web based email devoted to just this lifestyle that your SO knows nothing about, and delete your browsing history after every time you log on your computer. The only acceptable way for a lady to contact a gentlemen is by his/her preferred method of contact, be it email, text, phone or PM...one person's preferred method of contact isn't going to be everyone's preferred method of contact

Now unsolicited contact by a SP, different story. But if a client has given permission to a lady to email him, it is up to the client to let her know if his circumstances have changed. We are all responsible for our own lives, our own decisions, and it's up to us to be hyper vigilant about our own lives when partaking in this lifestyle. Discretion is everyone's responsibility

My opinion

RG

• Like 2

Due to necessity, I usually plan ahead for my encounters. I have asked many ladies I have seen and whom I like to meet again to give me a heads-up when they are visiting Ottawa. Except calling on my phone ( which is a big no-no), I don't mind they contact me by text, email, PM or even message on my profile page. I do make sure however, that I have my alert turned off when a text comes in. One time, a touring SP with whom I have been communicating for a while on a friendly-basis texted me out of the blue and the alert sounded. It was not good timing-wise. Since then, I always have it off. I check my phone often, so, I can and do respond to my texts in a timely fashion.

If a client has given a lady permission to contact him via email and his circumstances change and he no longer wishes for her to contact him, it is up to him to let her know that...not her fault for continuing contact with him via email. He has options available to him. First, not give a lady permission to email him in the first place. Second, if his circumstances change, let the lady know. Third, adjust the settings on his email to block her email (and if SO asks why this email is blocked, say you are getting a lot of spam email from this address) and fourth, have a separate web based email devoted to just this lifestyle that your SO knows nothing about, and delete your browsing history after every time you log on your computer

Now unsolicited contact by a SP, different story. But if a client has given permission to a lady to email him, it is up to the client to let her know if his circumstances have changed. We are all responsible for our own lives, our own decisions, and it's up to us to be hyper vigilant about our own lives when partaking in this lifestyle. Discretion is everyone's responsibility

My opinion

RG

Agreed! I'm HUGE on everyone owning their own mistakes (including myself). If a guy chooses to partake in an activity that represents a risk to "his" life situation it is "his" responsibility to ensure that "he" has taken every effort to make sure that "his" two worlds don't collide. If a lady has been given permission to message a guy regarding future visits then it's up to "him" to ensure that she doesn't message him again.

RG provided some solid solutions to anyone choosing to avail of the company of companions and everyone should heed his advice. Using your own everyday phone and email account for communication with companions brings a HUGE risk and choosing to do so is not particularly prudent if keeping things secret is important to you. As a client pinning your failure to follow simple solutions on the lady is not cool!

• Like 3

If it's a lady I've seen before, I have no issues with it, so long as we had some agreement about mechanisms of communication. I tend to communicate via e-mail, and I use a separate and unique e-mail for hobby purposes. So receiving an e-mail, or a PM through this site, is no big deal. There are some ladies who have my phone number, but I've never been in a situation where they have ever used it other than with my agreement. Even then, I tend to say text rather than call.

I appreciate it when a lady I've seen and whose company I've enjoyed lets me know that she will be in town. As others have said, it is good business practice, and like others, I usually have to plan encounters in advance, so notice is nice. Having said all of that, unsolicited messages are never cool.

Much depends on context.