Best Restaurants in Canada...

I had the pleasure of enjoying a Japanese Restaurant in Toronto by the name of Ki with a very special lady this past February, the food, atmosphere was spectacular a evening never to be forgotten.

• Like 1

In Winnipeg my choice for a consistently amazing dining experience is Segovia. Beautiful tapas with a menu that changes frequently and is always top notch.

Bistro 7 1/4 does a wonderful moules-frites.

Deer + Almond varies a bit - some days it's amazing, some days is just quite good. Their cocktails menu is always interesting and delicious.

If you don't care about the experience but just want really good food for cheap, there's no shortage of little hole in the wall restaurants here. Some of my favourites are Shawarma Time, East Ocean (Chinese), Kimbaek (Korean), Punjab Sweet House (vegetarian Indian buffet), Burrito Del Rio, Thida's (Thai), Magic Thailand, Coconut Garden (Vietnamese), Pho No. 1 (Vietnamese), Nhu Quynh (Vietnamese), Double Greeting Snack House (Chinese), Oscar's Deli, Tropiki's (Caribbean).

• Like 2

In Ottawa have to say Navarra on Murray St, makes the best Mexican food ever(the owner/chef just won top chef Canada),

For sushi I would say Kochu sushi on Preston and Gladstone, yes sushi in lil italy lol.

For some good southern cooking hands down the Smoque Shack

and El Camino has the best tacos in the city.

• Like 2

In Ottawa, Tuckers MarketPlace, in the Market. Its buffet, service yourself, all you can eat and about $17. Obviously what I like is the ability to pick and choose EXACTLY what I want, be it a salad, bread, potatoes, desserts. Generally have a choice of 3 main meat dishes, like beef, pork, chicken.

• Like 1

Recently I stayed at the Eaton Chelsea in Toronto. I enjoyed a nice meal at the Adega, a Portuguese restaurant on Elm St, Mediterranean and seemed to specialize in seafood.

Very enjoyable dinner for two, including a bottle of wine, approximate damage $175.

• Like 2

I would like to recommend the The John Brown Grille Restaurant on Richmond Street, great food and atmosphere if anyone happens to be visiting Charlottetown.

• Like 2

Raymond's Restaurant in St. John's is just out of this world... Amazing. If you are ever in St. John's. NL, it is worth the visit! Just amazing... That is if you are a 'Cordon Bleu" lol

If you ever find yourself traveling in NL and are close to Upper Amherst Cove on the Bonavista Peninsula you have to swing by the "Bonavista Social Club" this is an amazing location... you can sit on the deck and eat amazing food while you watch the ocean and see the whales frolic and the icebergs float by... an exceptional spot.

While only open seasonally it is not to be missed if you are in the area. http://bonavistasocialclub.com/

Toronto-

- Canoe -Very creative cuisine and a nice atmosphere

- Harbor Sixty is a long time fav of mine for steak and seafood.

- Barberian's steak house- extensive wine list. Amazing french onion soup and steak. It's like taking a walk back in time where atmosphere is concerned.

Vancouver - Blue Water Cafe - Will never forget a celebrity asking me to fish her cell phone out of the toilet in the ladies room for $100. lol.

Ottawa -

- E18hteen - great steak and seafood. I also like the historic atmosphere there.

Another nice place in Ottawa to dine is Social.

• Like 1

Toronto-

- Canoe -Very creative cuisine and a nice atmosphere

- Harbor Sixty is a long time fav of mine for steak and seafood.

- Barberian's steak house- extensive wine list. Amazing french onion soup and steak. It's like taking a walk back in time where atmosphere is concerned.

Vancouver - Blue Water Cafe - Will never forget a celebrity asking me to fish her cell phone out of the toilet in the ladies room for $100. lol.

Ottawa -

- E18hteen - great steak and seafood. I also like the historic atmosphere there.

Another nice place in Ottawa to dine is Social.

Yes! Harbor Sixty is my all time fav!

Honestly, I really miss Wah Too's in Toronto (a hole in the wall place in Toronto with some plates $6.00). Soooo good. Yummy!

• Like 2

Guest N***he**Ont**y

I really recommend Barberians...for the steaks. I look forward to another visit there in late Feb.

Another thumbs up for Beckta from me.

My other Ottawa favs:

Allium (I've only been at lunch times)

Wellington gastro pub (a must try - AND they have the record club! Any fans of LPs among us? ;) )

Atelier (tasting menu)

Play food and wine (from the Beckta folks)

• Like 3

Nick's Chicken & Pizza in Pembroke

Best chicken in the world. Seriously.

And it's been there in the same spot for forty years!

• Like 2

Its gone now but an institution while it was here best smoke meat and fries came with( if you wanted)an ice cold beer the roast beef was equally good

Never had better

Ten times better than Schwartzes especially since Celine took over

• Like 1

Does anyone remember the Pink Poodle restaurant in St. John's? I've heard about this place from time to time.

Lol... yes i do... been gone for a while but i was there as a child lololol... now that is a walk down memory lane... what's your connection to St. John's Nicolette?

Lol... yes i do... been gone for a while but i was there as a child lololol... now that is a walk down memory lane... what's your connection to St. John's Nicolette?

I had some relatives who lived there but have since passed on. One of my relative had Alzheimer's and kept talking about the Pink Poodle restaurant and asked to take them there which was kind of sad.. I looked it up. It used to be a high end restaurant before it went downhill.

I still like The Keg for steak and lobster with a shrimp cocktail as an appetizer, the shrimp are as big as my .................., the Keg, anywhere, everywhere. Good meal but expensive. My meal with two Keg size rums run about $80 plus tip. Not too bad.

Oh ya, I always take a handful of their candies at the door on the way out.

• Like 2

Guest jake_cdn

A couple in Montreal...

Smoked meat ?

Everyone raves over Schwartz but the best smoked meat and deli is the Snowdon Deli

Traditional Québec ?

La Biniere - homemade baked beans, pea soup, steak hache