Why do some SPs not post their rate in their ad?

I've noticed that many SPs do not post rates in their ad. Some will have multiple paragraphs and hundreds of words but no rate posted.

Even more odd is that some of the ads will mention a discount but not the normal price.

Am I the only one that finds this frustrating?

My ad, allows a brief introduction to me. I then ask you view my website for additional information. Its much easier to keep all the details in one place - Donations, photos, email, booking form,etc)

• Like 8

Thanks ladies. I have no issue with ads that post no rate BUT have a link to a website that does. I'll gladly check out the website. In fact I typically prefer this as I get a better sense of the SP from the website.

However, many ads have no website an only a phone number that is txt only. It's very hard to get a sense of somebody through text and hard to be discrete when a text reply comes back with a rate and some acronyms and pops up on your phone. Of course I erase texts of this nature (just in case) and my memory isn't so good so I soon forget the rate or who the number belongs to that I received the text from.

I think the lesson for me at least, is to just avoid ads with no rate or no link to a website.

• Like 1

I think the lesson for me at least, is to just avoid ads with no rate AND no link to a website.

I suggest you don't bother with the providers who don't readily provide a rate if that is a concern for you. Additionally you may wish to only solicit pricing from the providers one at a time in order to keep track!

I sometimes don't add rates to my ads and I never publish my website, on purpose. I haven't published my website url at any point, it's only available for those who email me an inquiry because it doesn't feel right to me to put it out there. I prefer to have an idea of who is looking at my site; I'm not sure why but it's worked for me so far. Most of my ads have prices now but when I don't, I receive less responses but those that do respond are a much better fit for me. It really depends on the providers intentions. I'm never looking for same day or even same week appointments and having a guest contact me that is willing to explore who I am and what I offer seems to precludes a more satisfying experience for the both of us...

cat

• Like 4

I'm sure it varies, but I only post my rates on my site. I prefer that a client gets to know me first before considering an appointment. I think that works better for everybody.

Brooklyn

• Like 2

I've not seriously considered this question from the provider's point of view. So, every reason stated here makes absolute sense.

Just from my point of view as a client, I'm typically shy upon first contact and asking for rates is something still new and a little uncomfortable for me. That said, I have no issues if someone doesn't do so.: You know, I gotta be a man sometimes and just ask. ;)

However, simply because of my nature, I'm VERY appreciative of those who do and even more appreciative of those who take the time to maintain a great website. It makes first contact much smoother. So, thanks. :)

Anyway....

• Like 4

I also find that not having readily-available rates is somewhat... off-putting. I don't care whether they're in the ad, or on the SP's profile, or her website... but I like to know what I'm getting into before I make contact.

I must admit, I struggle to put my finger on *why* this is the case. I think this is because I just don't like showing interest, and then backing out, and not wanting to come across as a... tire-kicker? Time-waster? Cheap? I'm not quite sure what it is I'm uneasy about... but I know I'm definitely uneasy about it.

• Like 5

I don't ever mention donations in my ad but of course its always clear on my site.

If gentleman take the time to view my website its only courteous to have my donation known. Why it could be $200 or $500 and that is a big window. As an advertiser I believe we should all have out rates clear on our websites.

Some will differ but I like the straight forward approach.

• Like 5

Sorry Penguin2 but not all ladies have a website and might have their reasons for not posting their rates and hey a PM, text or email is pretty easy if U found the ad exciting enough or better the pics in her profile or her profile in as such don't U think so?!

• Like 1

I don't get it.

With the number of ads placed every day, literally hundreds... surely if you see one that doesn't provide the info you require you can just move past it to the next ad until you find the ones that do and select from among them?

Why is it necessary to question those who don't provide what you require, when there are plenty that do?

As I said, for me I think I will typically take a pass on those that don't post a rate as I find it sometimes takes too much time to find out the rate. SPs I hope should understand that time has value. The reason I asked was in case I was missing something. I didn't want to condemn without understanding. Almost of the responders in this thread either post rates or have a website that has rates.

For those that make it easy for me to enjoy their services, thank you. For the others, understand that the way that you operate may not be a fit for me so we will agree to disagree. I would think that posting rates acts as a filter so that you don't get as many calls from less than serious clients as they already know that you are out beyond their budget.

JessicaLee, It's not necessary to question however this is a free exchangeof ideas. If you don't question how will you learn?

Example: The world is flat right? Don't question it. ;-)

I would think that posting rates acts as a filter so that you don't get as many calls from less than serious clients as they already know that you are out beyond their budget.

Indeed!

Or miss out on great patrons because they assume you are way above their budget (when in fact you are not) and as a result, do not contact you because of it.

So.... to recap.... like most other businesses the business person does what is right for their business.... I'm guessing but that independence to do whatever you think is right for your business has got to be nice.

Just my opinion

• Like 2

Well this is a standard sales tactic. Now i don't meant the word "tactic" in a negative way at all. You see this is a business and like all business sales representation is important :)

DoM ;)

I sometimes don't add rates to my ads and I never publish my website, on purpose. I haven't published my website url at any point, it's only available for those who email me an inquiry because it doesn't feel right to me to put it out there. I prefer to have an idea of who is looking at my site; I'm not sure why but it's worked for me so far.

cat

I myself have a couple of reasons, but one is similar to the above. I want to know who I am talking to, and who i am giving the info to. This is also why i won't 'put it in writing' so to speak, so not in pms, texts or emails. Gender, sobriety, and sincerity are far more obvious in a phone conversation, to me, and is how i screen. If the person doesn't sound right, there is no need to proceed. Not having $$ in the ads means they have to call, and that gives me insight into them.

Also, many many many ad posting sites prohibit posting services, therefore there is no point in posting rates that are based on those services. Maybe the sp can post 'rates start at 100" but typically, according to the rules of the majority of ad sites out there, they can't post rates for FS, bjs, half hour FS GFE, or whatever combination of things. The fact that some sps do post all that info is neither here nor there if the sp in question is a rule follower, and/or has had ads deleted (paid for ads) due to breaking the rules. she is unlikely to continue to break the rules, she would rather have the ad up, and risk someone being too nervous to contact her for the info.

And if you are too nervous to contact just to ask about a rate, then are you going to be too nervous to show up after booking an appt? Because skittish clients are not fun if they don't show up lol.

So don't dismiss the ones who don't post a rate. Let's face it, there are a lot of rates posted in ads. Rates do NOT vary significantly, not enough that it matters that much if someone you call is not going to be more than 20-50 different than the ad rates you've already seen.

Don't let a price decide for you who to see either, there are a lot of factors that make one sp more attractive than another, but personally to me if someone is only choosing me because my rate is 20 less than the other 10 sps ads he's seen, then that is not the guy I want to see. I want the guy who sees the ad, talks to me, and then decides that even tho my rate is 20 higher than the other 10 ads he saw, he still wants to take a chance on coming to see me. Based on who i am and what i offer, and our conversation.

• Like 5

Sometimes an SP doesn't have a site especially if catering to a specific clientele, well established or discretion for an SP is an absolute! If I hand out my tel # it's because I do not have a problem talking directly to a potential client, explaining my services and rates. As the options and requests are so varied, many SP's prefer to 'tailor' their appointments to the specific needs of a client and together establish what a session will entail and what fits the budget of both SP and client. Just my 2 cents worth.

• Like 1