Thanks Fishstick!!!

I heard from offspring number one already... offspring number two will probably remember at 11:50 tomorrow night......

To all of you fathers and lovers of fathers.... have a great day!!!!

• Like 3

Thanks Fishstick.

Father's Day is a day of reflection of what it took to make you a Dad. All the care, worries, recitals, sports, driving lessons, piano lessons, singing lessons, swimming lessons, teacher interviews, story telling, book reading, vacations, biking, dog walking, cuddling, conversations, arguments, consoling, prompting, stupid & fun stuff....Dad's are always guilty of something. Kids remember all the weird shit we did to them. It's called damaging your child's upbringing. At the same time, your kid probably remembers your good points - vaguely....maybe.

Meh, just gimme a beer & I'll cut the lawn....again. I think I'll hide-out in the garage.

Enjoy the day. It won't come again for another year.

• Like 3

Guest Be***iful****lah

I swear it's one of the sexiest things ever when I see or hear of a man who gets all soft hearted for his kids.

For all you fathers who have sacrificed so much for your kids, for all you fathers who have sleepless nights worrying for the well being of your children, for all you fathers who have to deal with the heart ache of missing your child/children for all of life's many circumstances ...,

For all you men who should have been fathers but didn't get a chance, the ones who play that role in the lives of other children....

For all you fathers ....

Happy Fathers Day....here is a big ass hug, kiss, and clinking of beer bottles in your honour.

You so deserve to be spoiled today.

Thanks for making this world a better place.

Often in life we confuse the things that are happening to us and around us with what is really important... we seek out distractions because life is hard and I know from personal experience that there is really nothing in life that is harder than being a parent.... however no matter how Hard being a dad is there is also nothing in life life that you can do that is more important. 

Biology allows pretty much anyone to become a father and perhaps that is one of nature's biggest flaws .... genetics, for better or worse, passes along the building blocks of life to another human. The X and Y chromosomes that we as parents contribute provide the DNA that will determine all the biological factors of this new person ... simple things like eye and hair color and more significant things like inherited genetic predispositions for medical condition. Right from the moment of conception the DNA that we contribute is silently determining if we have been a good father.

Once the child is born pretty much every decision we make.... will have an impact on the life of our children... biology may enable us to be a parent but it cannot prepare you to be a father.... conception and birth cast you into the role that ready or not means you become responsible for someone else's life and all too often we learn that role on the fly.... there is no Beta test... no dry run...if we fuck up, and we all to often do, we do it real time in someone else's life.

The role is all to often to much for many of us, especially men, who way to often make decisions that limit or remove themselves from the lives of their children... decision that are made in the moment but that have long term impacts both for the child who grows up with an absent dad and for the dad who may not realize the loss that will be in their life until they are much older and they regret the choices they have made.

I know I'm painting a pretty gloomy picture.... who in their right mind would sign up for this grief.... well I would.... Being a dad has brought me the greatest joy in my life and also the most pain....but it has been the most significant thing I have ever and will ever do. I'm 54 now with close to 30 years of experience as a dad....I look back every day at my failing as a dad... at the things I have fucked up and at the impacts I have had on my children and I am amazed that my children are as amazing as they are in spite of me being their father... in many ways I know they have deserved better and I wish with all my heart I could have been... that I could have been better at protecting them and loving them. But alas they have been stuck with me.

So on Father's Day rather than be thanked by my children I want to tell them how lucky I feel to be their Dad and to tell them that I know I have not always been there when they needed me the most but that....I love them more than life and will continue to be the best dad I can for them because they are Amazing and I can't believe how lucky I am to be their Dad.

• Like 6

Being a dad is awesome, my little girl woke me up this morning to have a treasure hunt to find my present... She made me homemade BBQ sauce. It was already an amazing father's day because I woke up and had her with me, now I have BBQ sauce... Just makes everything better.

Happy fathers day guys

• Like 2

Well I lost dad a year ago June 13, 2013 to cancer, but a friend wished me Happy Father's Day this morning...my cat being my child

And my child so appreciative of his dad, he wanted me to feed him LOL

Happy Father's Day everyone

RG

• Like 4

I too lost my father 2 years ago and not a day goes by that I don't think about him. I miss him so much.

Happy Father's Day to all the cerb fathers out there!! Xo

• Like 6

Guest N***he**Ont**y

Yesterday I spent the afternoon with my Dad in the Emergency unit of our local hospital because he fractured his wrist.I came out side finding him lying on the ground and drove him to the hospital. On the plus side we got to talk about old times and that he had only had a fractured wrist and had to wear a cast.HAPPY FATHER'S DAY Dad!

Once I spend a sober day with the spawned and my own spawner, I'll see what kind of trouble a bottle or two of wine can get me into this Sunday evening. I have a certain club in mind where I'm sure I'll get some late night congratulations from the ladies. I think I'll be buying a few rounds of Fireball tonight. Bad Dad. :P

• Like 1

I got up nice and early to call my father over the UK. Lucky enough to have ginger baby number 1 with me until tonight. He took me out for dinner and a few pints last night. Him and I spent most of the week out in Boise with ginger baby number 2 and she's already called me this morning. So all in all a fantastic Father's Day! :D

• Like 2

Guest N***he**Ont**y
I got up nice and early to call my father over the UK. Lucky enough to have ginger baby number 1 with me until tonight. He took me out for dinner and a few pints last night. Him and I spent most of the week out in Boise with ginger baby number 2 and she's already called me this morning. So all in all a fantastic Father's Day! :D

Aren't you glad you lifted your kilt a couple of times?

Went golfing with my son today, and grouped up with another Father/Son pairing. Couldn't ask for a nice day, and great company.

My daughter is way out of town, but heard from her too, so nice to be recognized, but we like that to happen everyday, but Father's day is special.

I hope all you fathers got the appreciation you deserve.

• Like 2

I got a phone call this morning from my stepson, he wanted to wish me a happy fathers day. What can I say, I have help raising him since the age of 7, he is now 25, boy they grow so fast.

Happy fathers day to all fathers and step fathers out there.