Happy Canada Day, we should all be thankful to live in a free country like Canada. I am off to Quebec A happy and Safe Summer to all the Beautiful Woman here !!!!

• Like 1

Agreed Happy Canada Day.... we might complain about the Stupid Laws the Harper Government Wants to impose but Canada is still the best place in the world to live.

A very Happy Canada Day to everyone. Since I'm not Canadian, I hope you all get a chance to get out a celebrate this wonderful country of yours. :D

Guest N***he**Ont**y

Happy Canada Cerbies. Enjoy our special day and remember we are all not perfect . At least in our country we can express ourselves and struggle to change bad legislation even if it takes time to change it.

Happy Canada Day. In case you cannot get to fireworks this evening, these are pretty amazing. So good I wonder if they are actually real. :)

Fireworks.

Yes, Happy Canada Day. And I agree, we don't always appreciate what we have, but we have it as good as anyone in the world. Despite the challenges of this country, there is no place better...... okay weather aside, but not this time of year. :-)

Happy Canada day everyone.... Hope it's a great one, agree with everyone about this country... It's a day were we can all share the same joy with everyone... Cheers

Guest **cely***r***ne

A very Happy Canada Day to all!

Enjoy the BBQ's and fun activities!

I cant wait for the fireworks!

I celebrated Canada Day today as I an a very proud Canadian.... not proud of Harper and McKay but proud to be a Canadian.

Many of you may not know this but in Newfoundland July 1st also has a second significance, I guess to be accurate July 1St in Newfoundland was significant long before it was selected as Canada Day. Prior to 1949 Newfoundland was a separate independent country and participated in the 1st and 2nd world wars as a separate country following the 1st world war a National War Memorial was built and July 1st was selected as Memorial Day (yes we still recognize November 11th) . July 1st was selected by the Country of Newfoundland because it was the day in which 800 solders from Newfoundland answered the call to battle in the first day of the Battle of the Somme during the 1st WW the following day less than 100 answered toll call. This huge loss of life impacted almost every community in Newfoundland.

For this reason the people if Newfoundland still mark July 1st as Memorial day.

So while a proud Canadian I an also a proud Newfoundlander and I celebrated July 1st as both Canada Day and Memorial Day.

• Like 4

I celebrated Canada Day today as I an a very proud Canadian.... not proud of Harper and McKay but proud to be a Canadian.

I hear you on this. I choose to celebrate the liberal (small l) thinking Canada that I grew up with. The one I have always been proud to be a part of and call my home. I don't know where we are going as a nation but I don't like the path that we are on.

Many of you may not know this but in Newfoundland July 1st also has a second significance, I guess to be accurate July 1St in Newfoundland was significant long before it was selected as Canada Day. Prior to 1949 Newfoundland was a separate independent country and participated in the 1st and 2nd world wars as a separate country following the 1st world war a National War Memorial was built and July 1st was selected as Memorial Day (yes we still recognize November 11th) . July 1st was selected by the Country of Newfoundland because it was the day in which 800 solders from Newfoundland answered the call to battle in the first day of the Battle of the Somme during the 1st WW the following day less than 100 answered toll call. This huge loss of life impacted almost every community in Newfoundland.

For this reason the people if Newfoundland still mark July 1st as Memorial day.

So while a proud Canadian I an also a proud Newfoundlander and I celebrated July 1st as both Canada Day and Memorial Day.

Thank you for sharing this. Happy Memorial day to all of my Newfoundland friends, and happy Canada Day to everyone.

Mikey

• Like 2

As Canada Day draws to a close here in the nation's capital, I also reflect on how blessed we are as a free nation. I look forward to the future and what the next generations will bring. Happy Canada Day.

• Like 1

Happy Canada Day to all, and to my friends from The Rock, I have paid my respects to the fallen at Beaumont Hamel, and Remembered them for a time today also.

• Like 2