Would you reveal your private info?

I have given various types of information in the past and I have always understood the need for this in the interest of screening and safety for the ladies. Unfortunately I find myself rethinking my comfort level in light of the looming legislation. In my opinion, this cuts to the heart of why this bill is so dangerous for the ladies. It will make requesting any information taboo and a hindrance to her business. Screening processes will become increasingly difficult to implement. Inevitably, this will lead to riskier situations. I'm not sure what the future holds but I do know that I will be far more cautious in all respects if and when this bill becomes law.

Edited by Mikeyboy

If some of you don't care to provide certain types of personal information, so be it, but there is no need to be condescending.

I read the entire thread after I read this comment, I don't think anyone was being condescending.

Unfortunately I find myself rethinking my comfort level in light of the looming legislation. In my opinion, this cuts to the heart of why this bill is so dangerous for the ladies. It will make requesting any information taboo and a hindrance to her business. Screening processed will become increasingly difficult to implement. Inevitably, this will lead to riskier situations. I'm not sure what the future holds but I do know that I will be far more cautious in all respects if and when this bill becomes law.

Unfortunately I have to agree with Mikeyboy as he expressed his thoughts here.

In the past I have never had any concern with being fully open in providing information to women that I have requested a meeting with. Real name, phone number, email address were all provided because for me there was never a reason, either moral or legal as to why that should not be shared.

As of December that will not be the case. No one will ever get my name, phone # or personal information again. That probably means that I am done, not because I want to be but because I will not be able to assure women of their safety with me. Using other providers that I trust and have met as references will constitute multiple illegal communication offences on my part, and I believe on their part as well.

I have not seen this mentioned before, but neither will I be able to assure my safety with SP's. I fully expect to wake one day with Cerb having disappeared overnight as it will be an illegal advertising site. There will go MY ability to read and evaluate and screen women as based on their reputations and writing and words.

Thank you Mr Harper and all Conservatives for taking away MY right to have safe, respectful consensual encounters with amazing women.

• Like 4

Guest N***he**Ont**y

With the use of BBM for communication for my circle of regulars I am feeling confident that all such communication will remain private as I do not share my pin with others outside my circle.

I don't want to hijack this thread more than necessary, and I'm sure this will be discussed to death over the next couple of months, but I do feel that a dissent from the pessimism is necessary...

As of December that will not be the case. No one will ever get my name, phone # or personal information again. That probably means that I am done, not because I want to be but because I will not be able to assure women of their safety with me. Using other providers that I trust and have met as references will constitute multiple illegal communication offences on my part, and I believe on their part as well.

I see no reason to stop seeing well-known providers with good reputations. I consider this to be like doing 110 on the highway: technically illegal, but nobody cares.

I have not seen this mentioned before, but neither will I be able to assure my safety with SP's. I fully expect to wake one day with Cerb having disappeared overnight as it will be an illegal advertising site. There will go MY ability to read and evaluate and screen women as based on their reputations and writing and words.

It's not clear what will happen here. Some boards have already moved to the Cocos/Keeling islands (bonus points for anyone who knows where they are without looking it up). It's not clear that this is entirely necessary, and it's not hard to do if it becomes necessary. I don't think CERB or any other board needs to shut down.

I've said this before, and I'll say it again: look at the US. It's a far more hostile environment than what's heading our way, and yet the oldest profession continues to thrive, as do the boards and everything else.

Thank you Mr Harper and all Conservatives for taking away MY right to have safe, respectful consensual encounters with amazing women.

They won't manage that. Oh, yes, they'd love to, and they're trying to - but they'll fail. And I will take great pleasure in contributing to their failure.

OK, end of thread-hijack!

• Like 7

Quick answer is No. I withhold my private information for reasons of high discretion. It has cost me in seeing a lady once who wanted my real name, work name and work phone number. I thought that was too much.

Now once I've met someone a few times and we've built a relationship which also builds trust...then for sure they come to learn more about me. And usually me about them too. I'm much more comfortable with this level of building rapport, trust, and sharing personal information.

Edited by Winnipegcub
  • Like 2

Guest *Ste***cque**

Hi Maddie,

Some will, some won't. With your limited frequency and thus a need for fewer gents I think you could find a few people willing to give you their personal info. Though it will get tougher after the proposed legislation becomes law.

My phone and email have my real name on them so I've been providing this from day one. Part of it is trusting the women (I stick with CERB) and partly I just don't care and would tell anyone who found out about my hobby and questioned me that it was none of their goddamn business! I don't like being judged by self righteous people and I tell them, with both barrels.

After C-36 it becomes more than just telling some self righteous friend to fuck off. It can come with serious legal complications if you're caught. If I stay it will be with women I have a history with and they already know my name. I may also just stay with one, maybe two women, and see them regularly. I hope you find what you want because why should you have to reign in your sexuality to conform to "societies" chaste values?

Steve

@ Phaedrus

"I see no reason to stop seeing well-known providers with good reputations. I consider this to be like doing 110 on the highway: technically illegal, but nobody cares."

True - unless its a road where they just changed the limit and the police have a new type of speed gun they are itching to try out.

I suspect you are right that in the long run things will settle down to a status quo that is probably not much different from now. The new law might also end up being gotten rid of by the supreme court - in the long run.

But my guess is that in the short run police will feel a renewed sense of vigour once the new law passes, and it will only reach the Supreme Court again after people get prosecuted under it. I don't want to be one of those people.

• Like 2

With the use of BBM for communication for my circle of regulars I am feeling confident that all such communication will remain private as I do not share my pin with others outside my circle.

Hate to burst your bubble but the reality is RIM has given the key to CSEC and the NSA.

Hate to burst your bubble but the reality is RIM has given the key to CSEC and the NSA.

Yea but I am not worried about the CSEC or the NSA.

Yea but I am not worried about the CSEC or the NSA.

I agree with Ice4fun, I have a feeling it's a massive waste of resources if CSEC and NSA spend their time looking for Johns instead of their whole anti-terrorist purpose.

• Like 2

As for NSA and CSEC, I'm with ice and others, let's not go overboard with the paranoia here. They have much more important shit to deal with in a world on the verge of total destruction.

Yes, LE will be a little more vigilant for awhile after the new legislation comes in and will want to "make an example" of some "pervert" out here. I'll tell you what, I'll fall on my sword if need be and publicize my info. Let them come and get me and try to prove anything in a court of law. They have to prove I am purchasing sex (I never talk about money with an SP, ever and never mention sex in email or text or PM or whatever). As I said before in my earlier post, I already give the ladies more info without being asked. I don't care if they know who I really am and how to reach me.

• Like 4

I am not paranoid and would appreciate it if others did not imply as such.

Many people have a misguided idea that BBM is totally secure. It is not. That is all I said.

I am not paranoid and would appreciate it if others did not imply as such.

Many people have a misguided idea that BBM is totally secure. It is not. That is all I said.

Obviously, nothing out in cyberspace is "totally secure" but you brought up NSA and CSEC so that is why the response. Sorry if it offends, didn't mean to. It's just when mentioning stuff like that, paranoia is the first thought that comes to mind. Conspiracy theories and all that stuff, right. Maybe just say BBM isn't totally secure and leave it at that and you won't get the response you did. Again, my apologies if offense taken.

• Like 1