The witch hunt and the worthy ones

I've even had personal conversations with workers who were worried that other workers would be tricking them into providing a menu or discussing 'activities' over text and whatnot and that this would be used as a way of thinning the ranks and getting them kicked off of boards like this. Paranoid? I think not, especially given all of the nasty talk and the fear and uncertainty that has transpired in recent weeks...

Anna, maybe I am blind or not understanding the new Cerb rules but I fail to see how a lady could possibly get kicked off Cerb for having a private exchange (detailed email or text) with a potential client, outside of Cerb. What she does off the board doesn't concern Cerb as long as she follows the new Cerb guidelines.

I can see that a fair share of people are overwhelmed with all this but taking a step back and looking at it with an objective eye might be more beneficial than letting fear take over and blurr our rational thinking.

Although somewhat frustrating at the moment, I am confident we will all adjust in due time and we'll be just fine :)

• Like 7

Let's do more on the end of keeping this a supportive space

^ This, we are all in this together, like it or not.

Everyone needs to watch what they write. Stop and think first.

Anna, maybe I am blind or not understanding the new Cerb rules but I fail to see how a lady could possibly get kicked off Cerb for having a private exchange (detailed email or text) with a potential client, outside of Cerb. What she does off the board doesn't concern Cerb as long as she follows the new Cerb guidelines.

I can see that a fair share of people are overwhelmed with all this but taking a step back and looking at it with an objective eye might be more beneficial than letting fear take over and blurr our rational thinking.

Although somewhat frustrating at the moment, I am confident we will all adjust in due time and we'll be just fine :)

My point was not what is objective, it is the fear mongering, the unneeded nastiness, and the uncertainty that has plagued us all over recent weeks, which left many SPs worried and paranoid about what was reigning down on them and leading to acting out in destructive ways toward others....that is the point of my post; not everything will be better if we are all 'sensible'....a person can come across as sensible and yet be seething with venom...the stigma and the nastiness is not a necessary part of being cautious on this Board, or of 'us being in it together'....but many who are parading themselves as cautious and looking out for the community are using that politic to sling their judgmental 'I am like legal Teflon' garbage around in a manner that is shitting on people and alienating the lived realities of people doing the work.

• Like 1

Every lady has the right to run their own business as they see fit. Including whether or not they wish to speak explicitly to clients. How will this get them kicked off Cerb unless they did not comply with Cerb rules? I think there's a lot of irrational fear going on. Cerb is not the only site a lady can advertise on.

Yes, you're right that this is a time of uncertainty and panic but those who will be able to adapt will adapt. I don't know about this witch hunt going on but people seem to be extremely sensitive and perhaps it's a fear of the unknown. And as for so called nastiness, supposed shaming and labeling, there is also A LOT of people splitting hairs at this point with other ladies taking words out of context and implying things that aren't necessarily true.

Follow the rules here, advertise other places as you wish which will be permitted. I think everyone needs to take a breather at this point. The world isn't going to end over this ridiculous law.

Let's not ruin a good sense of community here because the Conservative Government is clueless.

• Like 9

What happens off CERB, is no concern to the MOD, e.g. explicit conversations, etc. - unless you are linking back to web-sites or ads or blogs that contain explicit advertising, you don't have to worry if you follow the rules for advertising here.

I do not know of any witch hunt, and sorry if this sounds mean, but it's threads like this that further fuel the fear mongering currently going on.

Since it doesn't affect me personally, I won't buy into it. However I am concerned about newer or inexperienced companions who may not know who to believe or listen to.

• Like 8

I'll chime in with my two cents here...maybe not even worth that.

I've noticed some complaints about how CERB is dealing with the new laws

but nothing about CERBies against one another...but maybe I'm blind LOL

First CERB (Mod & Owners) are trying to navigate the legal minefield brought about by MacKay's Draconian legislation...bolded because lets remember who the enemy is here. With that said, we, each other aren't the enemy...it's that cpc moral minority that is the enemy

Two There is going to be a bit of a learning curve for everyone, better to learn than fight.

Three the adjustments CERB just made is so this community can continue

Four if there are some who are baiting others (not saying this is being done) something to remember. CERB metaphorically speaking isn't a lifeboat that can hold 10 survivors and there are 18 in the water, so 8 need to go...the lifeboats don't need to be deployed because the good ship CERB hasn't sunk...hope that metaphor makes sense

Finally, again remember the cpc is the enemy, one I'm going to remember at election time. But this community shouldn't get divided amongst each other because of the cpc

That is if I read this thread right

Time for a bike ride, then a coffee

RG

• Like 6

Anna, i think that if you had just been more direct, and not so roundabout hinting at this and that 'stuff', maybe the reactions would have been more acceptable for you? As it is, you jump onto one reply, one of the things you complain about others doing, i think?

So basically what i am getting from the OP is that you feel that some members are reporting ..'s ads or sending mod info about their ads on other sites, in order to get them banned from using cerb. In a malicious way, of course, and you want these people to mind their own business.

If that is what you are saying, i wholeheartedly agree. People are busybodies about other sps ads.

i don't know where you are seeing these digs about sps advertising extras elsewhere tho. is it possible you are reading more into what you see? for example we are discussing the whole topic of advertising and what to include, what to exclude. to do this we use examples. From time to time, we may use an example of a site that allows more graphic ads, and wonder why, or maybe explain why they do.

how do people know things if they don't discuss, and ask, and debate?

• Like 7

I personally really don't care what the owners of cerb decide to do or not do. It's their board, their choice at the end of the day, it's their business. I talked to MOD yesterday about changing my name to comply to the rules, there was no arguing and no debate about it .. I initiated the conversation .. I like the discussions here and that's why I partake on this board.

As for the maliciousness, I don't see it, maybe that's something you're privy to and the rest of us are not. I don't devalue anyone no matter their role in this industry as a sex worker. My niche is my selling point, which is going to change drastically for me, I'll just have to be a little more creative and discreet about it.. no big deal. As an advocate, I throw myself into the mix as it is and take heat from all sides, but I knew the risks when I decided to take that on.

I fully admit, I've told MOD to move offshore and keep fighting, but again it's a suggestion and it's their choice. Personally I wouldn't give in, but hey that's just me, my opinion is just like everyone else's, we all have one.

• Like 3

Some people feel the need to blame everyone else when things dont go the way they want. The laws change, we must comply bottom line. If you do not wish to do so leave cerb/lyla and find somewhere that will risk breaking the laws. No witch hunt no one else to blame if you refuse to comply when the rest of us are doing so. Very simple... and maybe if you read the rules here and see that VENTING threads and such are also NOT permitted on cerb then maybe you would have less of a hard time here. If you choose NOT to read and follow the rules you will be removed (or in this case whatever they do to witches who refuse to follow the rules).

• Like 3