Dreadlocks ? thoughts?

I am very curious to what your thoughts are regarding providers with dreadlocks , hippie down to earth vibe going on?

( no I don't have them ... this was brought up in a convo recently)

Personally I think they can be very attractive on the right lady. Even considered getting dreads myself for a while lol. Not sure why but there is a certain "youthfulness" about them that I find appealing. I guess it reminds me of my school days when my whole social circle had the "punk/goth/hippie,etc" thing going on, many of which were girls I never got with because I was painfully shy. A lot of face palms and "missed opportunities" lol.

So for me there is that fantasy element to being with someone who has dreads and/or tattoos and/or piercings or who is just otherwise "alt" in some way.

Posted via Mobile Device

To each their own... if a lady thinks she is sexy with Dreadlocks then she should get them. I'm a kinda of the whole package guy so usually one specific feature will not sway me one way or the other.

Just my Opinion

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk

I know one young caucasian lady that sports dreads and I find this style of hair choice works for her and me. BOING! All I wonder is if the carpet matches the drapes. ;-)

Just my opinion: almost any black dude can look cool in dreads, some but not all black women can look good in dreads, very few white dudes can pull off dreads, and NO white women ever look good in dreads. When I was young I was a bit of a styist, and though I've given up fashion a long time ago, I still know what looks good.

Sometimes it's just No, just No:

sarahthomson7.jpg

Ugh! Just Ugh!

I'm with Malika on this. I think dreadlocks on a woman can be very sexy!!! Of course, I'm in to alt women so I find that look to be really hot! ;)

Personally, I'm not a big fan of dreads but hey, whatever you want to wear or do is entirely up to you. I don't judge or critique. However, some people can pull it off and others can't, just like lulus, if you know what I mean.

Honestly, for me at least, the only person that should have dreadlocks is the late, great Bob Marley. But honorable mention can be made for the alien dude in "Predator". lol

I don't mind looking at and admiring the dreadlocks of a beautiful lady. But I love to run my fingers through the silky smooth hair of my lovely companion... gently caressing and massaging her scalp. It is a wonderful feeling! :D

I do have a friend back in the UK who pulls off dreads to a T! She's an Aussie girl with the blondest hair imaginable. The woman had natural blonde dreadlocks, her hair just grows that way. Trust me, crystal blue eyes, blonde dreadlocks and one sexy body...it definitely works for her...and me for that matter ;)

From the Root:

"[Your] hair is going to scream "black," which is going to serve to emphasize [your] whiteness -- the whiteness that, perhaps, people previously just saw as neutral, or didn't consciously register. Once race is in the front of everyone's consciousness, all sorts of assumptions about [your] motivations and inclinations -- fair and unfair, reality-based and not, about [your] hair and [your] overall worldview -- will follow. Quickly."

http://www.theroot.com/articles/culture/2013/06/dreadlocks_should_white_people_have_them.2.html

Just be prepared for the extra scrutiny.

• Like 1

From the Root:

"[Your] hair is going to scream "black," which is going to serve to emphasize [your] whiteness -- the whiteness that, perhaps, people previously just saw as neutral, or didn't consciously register. Once race is in the front of everyone's consciousness, all sorts of assumptions about [your] motivations and inclinations -- fair and unfair, reality-based and not, about [your] hair and [your] overall worldview -- will follow. Quickly."

http://www.theroot.com/articles/culture/2013/06/dreadlocks_should_white_people_have_them.2.html

Just be prepared for the extra scrutiny.

I have family members who have dreaded it up for years, and they have not met much scrutiny based on race. They have been thought of as dirty and not wanting to wash, but surprisingly it has never been about race.

However, they are very hippie style as well and it flows naturally for them.

I think that there are many hair styles that I like that I know I could never personally pull off.

As for a companions having them - If I was a client, I would like to know a head of time as I think hair plays a role simply based on the femininity factor but since it is a very unique style, as the companion I may have privacy concerns. That would be a tough one to call.

As they say, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

predator.jpg

Also,

this is beautiful, though it has less to do with dreadlocks and more to do with her

being photogenic as hell and perfectly facially proportioned.

cSvxRJu.jpg

I would say if you value your privacy, having something that is extremely unusual won't help. If you advertise or are reviewed and the dreads are mentioned, that can lead to NCNS bookings where guys are getting your location, then lurking in the area because they know it will be super easy to figure out your real ID without ever having to commit to meet you face to face first. Which could lead to them hanging out where they can bump into you and try to hook up socially.

Extreme paranoia there, but let's not pretend that isn't happening with some small percentage of NCNS calls. Making yourself easy to identify won't help protect your privacy. It's why i don't put pics of my hair in my ads. it is distinctive.