PM etiquette on cerb

I get a lot of pm's from members requesting information, opinions, etc., and I'm happy to help as far as I can. I'm glad to be considered a useful and trustworthy resource! I never of course provide information that's better requested of the sp herself, like specific services, locations, or rates, and things like that, but I've had some good exchanges with members on their expectations and experiences. That more private side of cerb communication is something I enjoy.

The reason I'm posting this is to say how much I appreciate it when members get back to me after I've responded, even with a simple thank you. It's good to be acknowledged, and I'm grateful to my correspondents who take the time to do this, and to let me know afterwards how things went, or just in general to share their own thoughts. But that 'thank you' is the important part.

• Like 8

Well said, Cato. You are an invaluable source of knowledge and wisdom here at CERB, and probably elsewhere.

:-)

I agree with you Cato. I guess these people do not realize they discourage the ones that like to contribute and help others.

In my particular case I now give it a thought before contacting someone. Not long ago a guy posted asking for places to visit and things to do in a particular city since he was going there for vacation. Having been there I decided to send some information in what I remembered and invited him to PM me back with any questions. Needless to say I never heard back from him. Oh well, I guess some people don't know what common courtesy/gratitude means.

Edited by Isabella Gia (Banned)

To be thanked is nice, but it does not always happen. My inbox is always full of pm's with questions and seeking out advice. I do my best to give the best advice or suggestions. I always ask the requester to "let me know how it goes" not just a saying but truly because I'd like to know if I was truly helpful. For the most part clients and providers do get back to me but often others don't. I'm not sure if it's because I gave them bad advice or they just didn't want to share or didn't think I really cared... but i do!!

I too have had conversations that end with "let me know" and unfortunately I have yet to hear back from these people. I believe that if you are going to participate in a conversation with people either via pm, email, etc. than you should respond to that person if a question is asked. If the time is taken to initiate a conversation, of any type, and the person you contact asks a question in return don't you think you should respond?

I'll join in and reiterate that the thank you note is much appreciated.

Cato and Cowboy Kenny are among the wisest and most helpful cerbites.

toine

Edited by toine

Guest Ou**or**n

Excellent point Cato. A little courtesy goes a long way. Your contribution both public and private are highly valued on this board.

Dear Cato you are such a gentleman!!!!

it happens the same with us ladies....we love to help each other but not always we get a thank you for it. Not that we do it to be thanked but it is only manners and appreciation for ones' time!

Nice thread

LoraLee:roll:

There are a small handfull of people here that I suspect are inundated with pms for advice, suggestions and information on a daily basis. They are the ones who have shown themselves to be thoughtful, and somewhat wise in their almost endless lists of posts. (You all know who you are!) On behalf of the rest of us schmucks, Thank you. :smile:

Nice to have someone take the time to answer when you PM them. A thank you is ALWAYS the best route.

A "Thank you" is always welcomed when you helped someone, but when someone as been misinterpreted should there be a "sorry" pm'ed to that member?

I did not mean to hijack this thread but it just seemed appropriate at the time, great thread by the way CATO.

A "Thank you" is always welcomed when you helped someone, but when someone as been misinterpreted should there be a "sorry" pm'ed to that member?

I did not mean to hijack this thread but it just seemed appropriate at the time, great thread by the way CATO.

Hijacker!

:sm185:

A simple thank you or acknowledgement to a PM or a signature to a guestbook would be welcome. Even if you are simply a lurker....

A simple thank you or acknowledgement to a PM or a signature to a guestbook would be welcome. Even if you are simply a lurker....

I enjoy visiting your profile Meg and of course your place :) shall I send you another pm? :mrgreen: :twisted:

I think a gentle reminder about pm etiquette is in order.

A thank you for requested information is always appreciated.

Newbies, especially, ask me for specific information, and while I try to be as helpful as I can while staying within the bounds of discretion, I often never hear from them again.

Just a reminder.

Edited by Cato

i recieved a pm asking about a certain sp, the way it was written I felt it was rude towards the sp in mention.

I have given this sp reviews. i believe in being respectful towards the sp when asking another person about her.

If the questions are done in a respectful manner i will answer the questions.

If 1 get questions about dancers who give extras I will not answer. I will tell you if they are hot and dance sensual.

Do not forget with all these ladies it is YMMV.

Chemistry and comfort with each other are important in having a great time.

So if you can't get it, you have two hands.

Edited by E.D. man
  • Like 1

I too have a very hard time responding to rude and/or abrupt PMs. If you are thinking about contacting someone here on Cerb, either male or female, please take an extra thirty seconds and include the words please and thank you. A slight introduction or lead in would also be appreciated. I think you will find that a PM that doesn't read like you are sending a text message to your high school buddies will get you a lot further with the members (both male and female) here on Cerb...and in everyday life as well.