Fake Lyla accounts ?

39 minutes ago, Phantom said:

Just a few comments from a VERY long term member with practically no posts on the boards.

1. Some of us read, but dont openly comment.  Someone with a lot of posts is less likely a fake as it would be a long time building a rep and not worth the effort unless you were an agent with multiple girls spanning years.  But having little post count is perhaps a yellow flag... not a red one.

2. A relatively new account always posting  / relying about the same SP is not a true indication of a fake account.  Many members start out, find this site, find an SP, have a good time and return to the same SP rather than risk a new one.  If they dont go often they could easily go a year+, only knowing that one SP.  Thus any comments / experience wise would be about her.  This would not be a rare scenario.

3. Faking accounts would not require mutiple PCs  / ISPs to go undetected from the "accounts from same computer" tracking.  A simple VPN service which many people use would be all you need.

Very good points! I myself have a few clients that only ever see me, who do not post at all. And if they are not seeing me they will meet with a trusted friend of mine. Some really prefer to keep a small circle of friends. 

However, there are shill recos and fake accounts. Hard to prove or pin down with out the multi detect being visiable as it once was. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Studio 110 by Sophia said:

Very good points! I myself have a few clients that only ever see me, who do not post at all. And if they are not seeing me they will meet with a trusted friend of mine. Some really prefer to keep a small circle of friends. 

However, there are shill recos and fake accounts. Hard to prove or pin down with out the multi detect being visiable as it once was. 

Flags are raised when someone with few recos only get from new or barely active members. When someone already has multiple solid recos, a few extras from less active members won't change much in term of reputation.

OK, I'm coming rather late to this thread (but Katie, looks like your bump worked :) ).

I believe automated tools to detect duplicate accounts exist, but they also seem possible to work around, as other folks have said. Bear in mind that the mods really don't have time to read everything on the board, and they rely a lot on the community to help out by reporting stuff that needs attention - it's why every post has that "Report post" link at the top. Feel free to use it!

On the topic of shilling... yes it happens, either with providers and 'managers' creating fake accounts or genuine clients writing glowing reviews in return for kickbacks. Some of this is unavoidable. But if people think that a recommendation isn't legit for some reason... reporting it is the right thing to do. Just remember to say *why* you think it's not a legitimate review, and bear in mind that we all started out as newbies at some point so the fact that someone doesn't have a lot of posts is not - on its own - proof of anything much.

On 2/10/2019 at 10:11 PM, Nicolette Vaughn said:

Mods,

Please bring back the multiple account notifications for elite members to see. This makes everyone accountable whether it’s clients who are banned or harass women here creating new accounts or SPs writing fake recommendations. This worked very well in the past weeding out the undesirables or shill recommendations.  Allowomg people to have anonymous accounts without having to be a member is going to turn into a circus and further drive down the integrity of the board. It’s in everyone’s best interest. Thank you.

I've asked Cerbmod about this in the past. We lost it when the board cut over to the new software last year. Bear in mind that the folks running things around here have a lot on their plates... but they do respond to what we have to say, and if a few people PM Cerbmod and ask for this it'll probably move up the list.

• Thanks 2