Jump to content

What happened to this board?

Recommended Posts

I am still in shock on how much this board has faded away compared to its glory days just a few years ago.  Any feedback as to what happened?  For us, I feel as though the previous Mod (before the sale) took the ladies for granted, was rude and overbearing - the suspensions and insane amount of rules made it nearly impossible to enjoy.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The site is dying a slow death. There are about 20 ladies from Ottawa that post regularly, plus some spas. I still check in because I have some friends still here, but I agree with you. It is not what it once was.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

     With the increased presence of millennials, platforms not based on "swipes" and 280 characters are losing a bit of popularity. Slowing down doesn't mean dying. A bit of patience sometimes pays off instead of immediately reacting to the flavor of the month.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All the other boards are the same, slowly dying off. I check them out pretty much daily and it's always the same small groups of people posting. Most of the people I know just come on and check the ads only and move on. 

Given how many of us have now migrated to Twitter, I think that is the current flavor of the day platform for people involved/interested in this business. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Users are migrating to Twitter and other forums for a quick fix I agree, but boards themselves also make hard on themselves.  One example is this board making the review section private.  I still think there is a place for boards, they themselves have to find ways to encourage use.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your right! The web side of this industry has gone a full circle. It was great when new and still developing. Finding escorts or others via the internet is now a crap shoot. Unless you have been at the hobby for a long time and have your regulars.

Reviews on Lyla Halifax are probably submitted by the same few people using different usernames each time. The pics a girl posts may very well be truly of her except they where taken 5 years ago. Even worse are all the new apps for photo touch ups that can make Yoda look like a beautiful 20 something porn star. 

No one ever got money back because a girl did not look like the girl in the pics. Not sure how that works actually!

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My honest take that no-one wants to hear:

over-active censorship: OK, their is a lot of shit talk on the other boards, and lots of guys arent reasonable. But a lot are. I want an honest review of ladies, not a rosy colored "everybody is nice". Some providers just simply dont click with some clients. I think that can be said respectfully, and is useful information for the next guy. 

Change of industry in Ottawa: lots of ladies moving to SPA, new location opening, and lots of offering that cant be legally discussed here or elsewhere. 

Loss of several legendary ladies:  over the year (Katrine Cannon, EmilyOreo, PrettyPaige22, etc....) and nobody to fill in their shoes. I dont have a solution, it just is. Lots of lovely ladies still post here, but the volume just aint what it used to be. 

Globalization and Social media: Twitter is doing a great job for a large reach for advertising ladies. It means they can reach a much more global audience, rather then a localized board like this one. And its just a more modern platform. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, analfreak said:

 I want an honest review of ladies, not a rosy colored "everybody is nice". 

     Not sure you fully understand the concept of this board. The rules are quite clear on the fact it's NOT a review board.

  Ladies worth the time are recommended by members and some recos do contain some light constructive criticism and asterisks like, YMMV or other. Not "everyone is nice". When someone should be avoided, there's a forum to report dangerous and fraudulent ads and people. If you absolutely want to read reviews, use other boards or Google.

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This post made me realize I may likely be missing out on potential connections via Twitter!

Time to make Twitter one of my regular check points!!!  We shall see how it goes!!

Edited by good-date

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

New here, but was also surprised at the slow pace.   However,  those who do take the time to participate actually have something to say, so I still find it useful.  Just not the instant and continual dopamine pump of Twitter.

Twitter is a public open forum, whereas this is more closed.  LeoList is a one way SP->client ad channel.  Each has its uses.

i see three general categories - “full pro”, (website, twitter, Lyla profile),  “pro”, and “semi-pro”.  
- web site, Twitter, pro photos, etc. often scheduled.

- regular leolist presence, without some or all of the above - more often available immediately.

- comes and goes, works from home (no separate incall), often responds to immediate requests.  Infrequent poster.

Really. Only the first and second tier even think about this forum, and only the top tier will see it as “necessary” to participate or be “well reviewed”.

The rest tend to respond better to the much maligned “you avail?” requests and it’s variants, which is why tier1 providers see it so much too, despite not responding.

Personally, I think current change is as much driven by LeoList interaction as Twitter.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Bobby Keys said:

Only the first and second tier even think about this forum, and only the top tier will see it as “necessary” to participate or be “well reviewed”.

    Participation is not necessary. Many recommended ladies only use this forum to post regular announcements and not much more. Recos are only questioned when posted by new members who promote one lady and disappear.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the rules of what u r allowed to say are legally strict several boards or forums of been criminally charged , such as terb, perb and sp411. sp411 is now a cuddling service. lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Greenteal said:

    Participation is not necessary. Many recommended ladies only use this forum to post regular announcements and not much more. Recos are only questioned when posted by new members who promote one lady and disappear.

Understood.  For the record, my motivation to be here was getting lit up hard.  I imagine this is not an uncommon motivation for taking the plunge.

Whether I stick around has everything to do with the tone of the community.  I have no problem with spirited discussion, but am not here to be talked down to simply because I have not made it a point to document or brag about my encounters previously.

True, I came to post a recommendation, but also hoped be able to actually talk about this taboo.  So far, I have found one person willing to interact, and each interaction so far has left me feeling a little smaller.  If I leave this as a last post, will it be seen as proof that I was what you say, or will the irony not be lost?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Bobby Keys said:

  If I leave this as a last post, will it be seen as proof that I was what you say, or will the irony not be lost?

   The fact you lost your moderated status and posted in various threads with different topics makes you a genuine member. Unlike what I referred to when someone joins the board to recommend or bump threads relating to a single provider and are never to be seen here again.

    If you want to stick around or not, it's up to you. Nobody will judge you for it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Greenteal said:

Nobody will judge you for it.

Which makes me inclined to stay and continue participating 🙂 
Each of us has a perspective, I am glad to take in those of others and share mine.  

Thanks for clarifying.

Back to the topic at hand:

This platform has undergone some of the minimal aesthetic updates and widgets necessary to not be a dinosaur (TERB), but is largely focused in filling the same market need.

What made this work in the past?  How has the introduction of new platforms changed the value add of the platform for SPs and clients?  How is the industry changing in response to the availability of other platforms?  And ultimately, how can this platform better serve its market and thus positively affect relevance?  These are existential questions.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Bobby Keys said:

What made this work in the past?  How has the introduction of new platforms changed the value add of the platform for SPs and clients?  How is the industry changing in response to the availability of other platforms?  And ultimately, how can this platform better serve its market and thus positively affect relevance?  These are existential questions.

    In the past, the concept of sharing information about providers was groundbreaking. In the 90's and early 2k's, newspaper ads were still the main way to advertise and getting feedback about a provider was only possible by talking with friends of coworkers sharing the same hobby.

    Now the concept is no longer novel, some will look for alternative communications method to get the same info. But old message boards and forums rarely die. I still use Undernet on mIRC and after nearly 3 decades it's still full of people willing to chat. And while many complain how Facebook is outdated, we're still faraway from seeing it shut down.

    As long there's members who'll use LYLA to advertise, post recos, share infos and just have clean fun discussions, the place will remain relevant.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/7/2019 at 6:33 PM, cmjdowntown said:

I am still in shock on how much this board has faded away compared to its glory days just a few years ago.  Any feedback as to what happened?  For us, I feel as though the previous Mod (before the sale) took the ladies for granted, was rude and overbearing - the suspensions and insane amount of rules made it nearly impossible to enjoy. 

Bear in mind that that was the same Mod as we had back in the glory days. To my mind, the problem was two things that happened more or less simultaneously: first, we lost a few of the key contributors to the board, and secondly the change in the law that was C36, which meant that the people running boards (all of them, not just this one) had to be enormously careful about what was said. Some played it safer than others; the folks running this one were on the more conservative end of the spectrum, I think. A lot of people also stopped posting because of this. A few got suspended because they couldn't adjust. And the community began to wither as a result.

On 11/8/2019 at 12:31 PM, Greenteal said:

     With the increased presence of millennials, platforms not based on "swipes" and 280 characters are losing a bit of popularity. Slowing down doesn't mean dying. A bit of patience sometimes pays off instead of immediately reacting to the flavor of the month.

I think you're half right... the real issue here is that back in the glory days I think most people were sitting behind a keyboard, and were able to write long-ish posts... but now everyone's using their phones, which make typing a lot far more of a hassle. And so people have moved to platforms that promote brevity.

It's a shame, because there has been no replacement for the in-depth discussions we used to have here. You just don't get those conversations on Twitter.

On 11/8/2019 at 3:22 PM, analfreak said:

over-active censorship: OK, their is a lot of shit talk on the other boards, and lots of guys arent reasonable. But a lot are. I want an honest review of ladies, not a rosy colored "everybody is nice". Some providers just simply dont click with some clients. I think that can be said respectfully, and is useful information for the next guy.  

This is not a new complaint. People have been wanting to trash providers and complaining about not being allowed to do so here for as long as I've been around, and that's quite a while. Whatever the reason for the decline, this isn't it, because the rules here have always been the same.

On 11/8/2019 at 3:22 PM, analfreak said:

Change of industry in Ottawa: lots of ladies moving to SPA, new location opening, and lots of offering that cant be legally discussed here or elsewhere. 

Loss of several legendary ladies:  over the year (Katrine Cannon, EmilyOreo, PrettyPaige22, etc....) and nobody to fill in their shoes. I dont have a solution, it just is. Lots of lovely ladies still post here, but the volume just aint what it used to be.

I don't really agree with this either, I'm afraid. The spas are very active, yes, but they always have been. But there are still a lot of independent providers around... they just aren't active here the way they used to be.

And yes, we've lost some legendary providers, but we've gained others :)

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/8/2019 at 10:22 AM, analfreak said:

over-active censorship: OK, their is a lot of shit talk on the other boards, and lots of guys arent reasonable. But a lot are. I want an honest review of ladies, not a rosy colored "everybody is nice". Some providers just simply dont click with some clients. I think that can be said respectfully, and is useful information for the next guy.

^  this

 

On 11/8/2019 at 11:02 AM, Greenteal said:

     Not sure you fully understand the concept of this board. The rules are quite clear on the fact it's NOT a review board.

  .... If you absolutely want to read reviews, use other boards or Google.

which is why this board is dying...

 

I came to this board and it was my go to for the longest time, but I have migrated over to the other because of more thorough reviews/recommendations and now greater participation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Joe Blower said:

which is why this board is dying...

    I had the pleasure/displeasure of reading how some current member conduct themselves on other boards, and I would rather keep a lower participation than end with those type of exchanges here. "Greater participation" is not always better. If you think the grass is greener elsewhere and can stomach the language used, we don't need to tell you what to do.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have been a contributor to this board for a number of years (2010) and tried to abide by the rules. A few months ago someone wanted info on a provider and I wrote " No comment as per the rules of this  board". My content now has to be monitored indefinitely for doing something that I thought was ok. One minor mistake in 9 years, no warning just lifetime moderation. That is  I feel one reason this board is so inactive. 

 

 

Edited by downbound123
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I Second Greenteal on This...It's Rather Discusting Reading What's on (some)other Boards. I Don't Understand How they even Allow.. Talk like this! Some of Which are Lyla Members, of course. With that being said, they Talk quite different in both places (some) .... 

To Each Their Own... Those Kinds Of Sites, are a great Screening Tool. 😉....

Edited by katie
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/27/2019 at 5:45 PM, downbound123 said:

I have been a contributor to this board for a number of years (2010) and tried to abide by the rules. A few months ago someone wanted info on a provider and I wrote " No comment as per the rules of this  board". My content now has to be monitored indefinitely for doing something that I thought was ok. One minor mistake in 9 years, no warning just lifetime moderation. That is  I feel one reason this board is so inactive. 

 

 

Dang! That Would Hurt.. 😬.....I Guess, I Better Try To Behave ..... image.gif.756b1fff79175b0e6c8f4845577a5261.gif

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We hope in the upcoming months that things will change a little and hope to have the rules all clear.

The reason there are so many rules as what greenteal said, you have to be careful of what you say.

Would love to hear everyones feedback as what you want to see more or less of here and what you think we could do to improve, always hear to listen to that!

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...