Things that suck, and not in a good way.

Woke up this morning to discover that my Windows computer will not load. The computer starts up fine but will not boot into Windows (7). GRRR....

That is supposed to be my safe computer -- I never visit risky sites on it.

Good thing I have a Linux (Ubuntu) computer, as well as, a Google Chrome Book computer.

Hired a local guy to do the cocking around the plumbing and bath trims. I ask that he use clear sealant around the toilet base and white for the tub area. 'Sure, no problem. I've done this many times before'. [/i

]Not wanting to be late for an apt, he tells me he is finished, I pay him and we both head out the door. It was late evening when I returned home, the first thing I wanted to do was to have a shower before I stettled in for the night.

As I was stepping into the shower, I could feel on the tap and the walls that something was not right. My short term handyman must have slipped back to jello play. The facet and tap were/are covered with sealant, as well as, tiled walls, tub, sink counter top and floor. Not only did he manage to make a huge mess for me to strip and re-do, he also included a challenge. Instead of using the white that I had requested for the tub area, he used the clear. It is somewhat iritating because I can't see most of it, I have to go by feel.

I just finished cleaning most of the tub, facet & tap (almost). Washed my hair, made a cup of tea, having a rest before I attacked the bath walls.

This is not how I envisioned my weekend :(

Additional Comments:

Yes, it is rather hard these days.

• Like 3

Took my truck in for new tires $1500 only to be shown I need another $2500 in front end work. No worries but it sure makes a dent in my savings.

• Like 1

Guest D***el B***e

I'm down and out. I've been reading theliquor's last post and somehow, even though I've never met him, I'm shedding tears ... what a weird community this is, there's people you've never met, yet they have a lasting impact on you like like they are your personal friends.

Guest A**aTo**h
I'm down and out. I've been reading theliquor's last post and somehow, even though I've never met him, I'm shedding tears ... what a weird community this is, there's people you've never met, yet they have a lasting impact on you like like they are your personal friends.

I feel the same Daniel Boone. Tom's latest post (not his last, please!) has had me a little teary tonight; I have grown fond of him because he is such a brave person and I love his posts. Tonight I did a search for all Tom's post and re-read them. Cried some more.

Life is fun, it is serious it is special. Some people are better reminding us more than others.

I adopted a spayed dog from the spca. However, a week later, she is in heat. I have an unneutered dog too, so I'm going to have to keep them separated next week. This was not in my budget.

Argh!

Guest N***he**Ont**y

My company van broke down (transmission failure) and had a 2 hour wait for the service truck to pick it up. Had the van dropped off at the transmission shop and as I am getting out of the service truck which was a 2 ft drop to the ground I slip and fall on my ass. Twisted something and now have a very sore back.

Guest bli****l

I have to call the Vet, I have to put my dog down, It is time, he made it through Christmas...I know it time..

my daughter is trying hard to reconnect with her mom. tonight I get the call to pick my daughter up from her moms. My daughter says she is in danger. I go there not knowing if again the cops are there or what the situation is. My daughter gets into the truck and tells me her 60 year old uncle grabbed her and shook her and yelled at her. Her mother threatened to destroy the laptop I got my daughter for Christmas and broke some of my daughters belongings. My daughter is 17 so nothing I can do but pick up the pieces each time. My daughter is in a classic abusive situation and keeps returning to it expecting a different result. I try and try to get her to call the police to get this abuse to stop but she says next time she will. What she does not realize is doing nothing means the next time can and often is worse then the last. I know from personal experience having being in an abusive situation you really only realize how bad it is after your out. I have talked to my daughters counselor and her school about this. My hands are tied. I cannot stop her from going and anything I do can only make it worse. My daughter needs to know I am there for her when she calls. And all I can do is pray she figures this out before she is even more hurt. I would love to go and fix the situation myself but I know that would end up with me being charged. So hands are tied and I am mad as heck and so sad for my poor little girl

I called the police, they want her to at least talk to them about it and will do nothing unless she wants them to. but at least they have a record for the next time. and told me to let her family doc know and her school. I will do all of that tomorrow for her. and I put my foot down no more visits to her moms during the week and i will talk to her about weekends latter depending on what the school and doc say

• Like 6

my daughter is trying hard to reconnect with her mom. tonight I get the call to pick my daughter up from her moms. My daughter says she is in danger. I go there not knowing if again the cops are there or what the situation is. My daughter gets into the truck and tells me her 60 year old uncle grabbed her and shook her and yelled at her. Her mother threatened to destroy the laptop I got my daughter for Christmas and broke some of my daughters belongings. My daughter is 17 so nothing I can do but pick up the pieces each time. My daughter is in a classic abusive situation and keeps returning to it expecting a different result. I try and try to get her to call the police to get this abuse to stop but she says next time she will. What she does not realize is doing nothing means the next time can and often is worse then the last. I know from personal experience having being in an abusive situation you really only realize how bad it is after your out. I have talked to my daughters counselor and her school about this. My hands are tied. I cannot stop her from going and anything I do can only make it worse. My daughter needs to know I am there for her when she calls. And all I can do is pray she figures this out before she is even more hurt. I would love to go and fix the situation myself but I know that would end up with me being charged. So hands are tied and I am mad as heck and so sad for my poor little girl

Certainly not an easy situation but you are there for her and that is important.

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk

Guest bli****l

I called the police, they want her to at least talk to them about it and will do nothing unless she wants them to. but at least they have a record for the next time. and told me to let her family doc know and her school. I will do all of that tomorrow for her. and I put my foot down no more visits to her moms during the week and i will talk to her about weekends latter depending on what the school and doc say

Call the Police...they can say a neighbour called ..She needs to be safe..

It is not safe for her Physically or Mentally...You need to say Enough even if your daughter does not like it...Take her to a Counselor just to take you go too...it will be good for both of you....

My wonderful pet died this morning. I think I am done with fur babies' date=' too heart breaking![/quote']

Sorry to hear that Meg... we have had pets pass away in the past and I am not sure how many times we have said we don't think we will get any more but we always seem to do it... we currently have 4 pets lol.

I guess if we did not love them so much it would hurt less when we lose them but they are hard not to love when they show us such unconditional love every day.

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk

Guest N***he**Ont**y

Meg I always say that. I lost my dog in November and wasn't to sure if I would want another one but have realized that my life is empty without having another one.It is to quiet in my house without one so...... in the Spring I think i will be looking for a Schaunzer to adopt. I think a Minature will fill the void as they make good travel companions.

Guest N***he**Ont**y

I work all afternoon to complete my tax returns and find out I cant e-file until Feb 9th! Lol! Income tax is ok but late filing HST nope.I can file that return any way. I have had enough of Administrative Fines the past few months for being late.

Meg I always say that. I lost my dog in November and wasn't to sure if I would want another one but have realized that my life is empty without having another one.It is to quiet in my house without one so...... in the Spring I think i will be looking for a Schaunzer to adopt. I think a Minature will fill the void as they make good travel companions.

had several in my life...little ladies...each and every one of them....

Suddenly feeling very ill. Pain in shoulders, both arms, lower back, and trouble breathing. I used my puffer and took some Tylenol. Maybe I will feel better after a nap. :(

----------

Thanks RG, but I am feeling a little better now (3:30 pm). If it comes back or persists. Then I will go to Emerg.

• Like 1